Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:53:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227925 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Setlist Wishes: Now That We've Heard the Album
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist Wishes: Now That We've Heard the Album  (Read 32321 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2009, 07:54:29 PM »

Apology accepted.

Yeah, maybe next time read before starting smart ass arguments.....  ok

And I was making general statements regarding attention seekers coming here to post about the old band in every other thread.

It's not about not understanding that people have different opinions, it's about not wanting to hear those opinions in threads that have nothing to do with them!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2009, 09:03:07 AM »

The more I listen to the album the more I think the only song I really don't care to hear live is Shacklers Revenge. And I wouldn't be "upset" if they did play it, I'd just rather hear something else.

And I hope to God that CD is the set opener every night.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2009, 09:34:45 AM »

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone (every show should start with these three... it's a perfect opening trio)
Better
Sweet Child O' Mine
Prostitute
You Could Be Mine
Scraped or Riad & The Bedouins
Street Of Dreams or Catcher In The Rye
November Rain
This I Love
Estranged or Coma
Sorry
Breakdown or Locomotive
Used To Love Her or Patience
I.R.S. or Oh My God
Down On The Farm or Human Being
Don't Cry or Pretty Tied Up
There Was A Time
Civil War or Bad Obsession
Nightrain or Rocket Queen

ENCORE:
Chinese Democracy
Madagascar or If The World
Paradise City

They could really mix it up with a setlist like that, I think.

This a great set list!
elmir
VIP

« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2009, 10:28:31 AM »

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone (every show should start with these three... it's a perfect opening trio)
Better
Sweet Child O' Mine
Prostitute
You Could Be Mine
Scraped or Riad & The Bedouins
November Rain
This I Love
Estranged or Coma
Sorry
Breakdown or Locomotive
Used To Love Her or Patience
I.R.S. or Oh My God
Down On The Farm or Human Being
Don't Cry or Pretty Tied Up
There Was A Time
Civil War or Bad Obsession
Nightrain or Rocket Queen

ENCORE:
Chinese Democracy
Madagascar or If The World
Paradise City

They could really mix it up with a setlist like that, I think.

great setlist, except this:

November Rain
This I Love
Estranged or Coma
Sorry

5 power ballads in a row?
shijeeeeet...even the most hardcore fan would hit the beer tent at this stage to get some rest...

break that up with a fast rocker....at least one...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2009, 10:51:55 AM »

Jungle
Easy
Brownstone
Better
Think about you
You could be mine
Madagascar
Prostitute
November rain
Sweet Child O'mine
Civil War
Nightrain
(Encore)
Chinese Democracy
Your Crazy
Paradise City

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2009, 11:46:52 AM »

Jungle
Easy
Brownstone
Better
Think about you
You could be mine
Madagascar
Prostitute
November rain
Sweet Child O'mine
Civil War
Nightrain
(Encore)
Chinese Democracy
Your Crazy
Paradise City

Awesome! Here's a person who must've been extremely happy with the setlists in 2006-7! Nice to see as a contrast to all those who stayed at home whining about them.  Tongue

All of the songs with the exception of two were played during those tours.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »

i hope they chinese democracy in it's entirety.  twice maybe.  i'd be perfectly happy with no songs from the old 'band.'  why dwell on the past? 
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2009, 12:00:43 PM »

Thanks Jarmo,

I actually left TWAT off by mistake. Saw them play it at Hammerstein and I believe thats the only time they ever played it live. I thought that was the highlight of the night for me.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2009, 12:05:07 PM »

i hope they chinese democracy in it's entirety.  twice maybe.  i'd be perfectly happy with no songs from the old 'band.'  why dwell on the past? 

Im sure Axl wouldnt want to ignore material that he is proud of and worked hard on. The old material is what made Guns 'n'Roses who they are. But your entitled to your opinion.
GeraldFord
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2009, 12:12:32 PM »

I'd like to hear more songs from UYI like DTJ, "Coma," and "Yesterdays." I'd also like to hear several songs from CD.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2009, 12:13:55 PM »

come on. when played by this band in this century they weren't half bad.  
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2009, 01:23:02 PM »

[/quote

no doubts that bumble, fortus and dj ashba play the old songs better than anyone else ever could hope to.  but they're still kinda lame songs to me.  simple, dumb songs about sex, drugs and rock n' roll.  hearing axl and the new guys play those songs is kinda like hearing motzart play louie louie.  sure, he can do it... but his virtuosity would be better spent on other songs. 

just my opinion.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2009, 01:38:12 PM »

[/quote

no doubts that bumble, fortus and dj ashba play the old songs better than anyone else ever could hope to.  but they're still kinda lame songs to me.  simple, dumb songs about sex, drugs and rock n' roll.  hearing axl and the new guys play those songs is kinda like hearing motzart play louie louie.  sure, he can do it... but his virtuosity would be better spent on other songs. 

just my opinion.

Wow!! Lame songs? Simple, dumb songs about sex, drugs and rock n'roll? Honestly do you think that we would be talking about this band if it werent for those songs? Those "Lame songs" put them on the map. Made them the biggest band in the world at one time. Allowed Axl the creative freedom to take 15 years to put out an album. In essence you are also pissing on Axl who wrote many of these songs too. Just my opinion.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2009, 01:47:30 PM »

[/quote

just my opinion.

Wow!! Lame songs? Simple, dumb songs about sex, drugs and rock n'roll? Honestly do you think that we would be talking about this band if it werent for those songs? Those "Lame songs" put them on the map. Made them the biggest band in the world at one time. Allowed Axl the creative freedom to take 15 years to put out an album. In essence you are also pissing on Axl who wrote many of these songs too. Just my opinion.

so what do you want from me?  to like songs that i don't like?  why?  just because you and some old mulletheads think i have to? 

no, sorry.  i like what i like.  i like guns n' roses.  guns n' roses is axl, dizzy, tommy, fortus, bumble, ashba, brain, frank, pitman, and CHINESE DEMOCRACY. 

you can't tell me what to do, and you can't tell axl either.  if he wants to play his amazing new music instead of some crusty 20 year old tunes, then it's his choice.  he does what he wants. 
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2009, 01:56:44 PM »

[/quote

just my opinion.

so what do you want from me?  to like songs that i don't like?  why?  just because you and some old mulletheads think i have to? 

no, sorry.  i like what i like.  i like guns n' roses.  guns n' roses is axl, dizzy, tommy, fortus, bumble, ashba, brain, frank, pitman, and CHINESE DEMOCRACY. 

you can't tell me what to do, and you can't tell axl either.  if he wants to play his amazing new music instead of some crusty 20 year old tunes, then it's his choice.  he does what he wants. 

First of all: I never said you could'nt like what you like. But at least respect and acknowledge the fact that without the legacy of G'n'R there would be no Chinese Democracy. Like I said by referring to these songs as lame your insulting a huge part of Axl's legacy.
Second off: Where in my statement did I tell You or Axl what to do? I stated an opinion just like you.
Third: You see, Im capable of making my point without namecalling ( mulletheads?).
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2009, 02:35:28 PM »

I wish you 2 knew how to quote. Undecided
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2009, 06:36:12 PM »

Jungle
Easy
Brownstone
Better
Think about you
You could be mine
Madagascar
Prostitute
November rain
Sweet Child O'mine
Civil War
Nightrain
(Encore)
Chinese Democracy
Your Crazy
Paradise City

Awesome! Here's a person who must've been extremely happy with the setlists in 2006-7! Nice to see as a contrast to all those who stayed at home whining about them.  Tongue

All of the songs with the exception of two were played during those tours.

/jarmo

2006-07 setlists were very very good, new and old songs very well mixed, when I saw Guns in Madrid I was very happy with the setlist, very good job by the band  ok

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2009, 09:07:05 AM »

The more I listen to the album the more I think the only song I really don't care to hear live is Shacklers Revenge. And I wouldn't be "upset" if they did play it, I'd just rather hear something else.

And I hope to God that CD is the set opener every night.
The first three tracks of the album should be the opener. It flows perfectly to me - as good as WTTJ, ISE and Mr. Browstone.

Waldorf
Headliner

« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2009, 09:42:22 AM »

Chinese Democracy
Shackler's Revenge
Better
Live And Let Die
Street Of Dreams
You Could Be Mine
Sweet Child O' Mine
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
If The World
November Rain
IRS
Used To Love Her
Patience
Nightrain
Prostitute

Jungle/Rhiad
This I Love/Madagascar
Paradise City

Tongue
Smokey
Headliner

« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2009, 09:14:24 PM »

Since guns are touring again and we've all seen the setlists I have to say there are some gems on the illusions that need to see the light of day.
Since 02 guns have always played a very heavy appetite setlist. Now in my opinion guns should never do a gig without nightrain, 'easy', jungle or sweet child but they always play 'brownstone', out ta get me n my michelle, songs which need a rest I think.
Stuff like double talkin jive, pretty tied up n perfect crime really need to be played again.

Im just sayin those songs would be deadly live and id be willing to sacrifice a few appetite songs to hear em live.

anybody agree or does anybody wana tell me to stop hating? ha
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: