Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:47:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy guitar tab book 22nd December
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy guitar tab book 22nd December  (Read 43271 times)
gav
« on: June 15, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »

Pretty cool   Cool

http://www.amazon.com/Guns-N-Roses-Chinese-Democracy/dp/142346981X/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245103824&sr=8-22
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 06:42:45 PM »

That's cool, although I don't play the guitar so it doesn't do much for me.  Cool for all aspiring guitarists out there though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 07:28:41 PM »

Wow, that's fucking cool. I'd love to buy that one, for sure.

Is this an official release from the band? The cover looks like the new version of the album. Smiley

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:48:41 PM »

Exciting times Grin
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 11:11:48 PM »

sounds exciting indeed, im not a guitar player, but good luck to anyone who can master the end guitar solo in twat.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 11:12:27 PM »

I'll be gettin that, though it make take me a year to master those songs. It's a bit more technical than, say Green Day.... hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 11:22:56 PM »

Is this an official release from the band? The cover looks like the new version of the album. Smiley

the music in tab books are transcribed by guitarists/employees of whoever makes the book...Most tab books are pretty close if not dead on when it comes to transcribing music.  The band/label has to sign off on it to be made though I believe.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 12:46:12 AM »

When is the release date for the tab book ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 01:40:59 AM »

Finally I can get my RHiad better Tongue, or Scraped.. the hardest songs on the album for sure!
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 02:03:22 AM »

Holy shit !
Now I've found what to do all summer  hihi

Thanks for sharing the info !
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 03:14:13 AM »

Thats really cool!  Unfortunately my les paul doesnt have a whammy bar lol, and some of the other sounds seem like they'd be hard to pull off.
Maybe its been released especially for DJ to practise lol  hihi

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
gav
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 03:15:12 AM »

I'm still relatively new to guitar but I'm looking forward to having a crack at this! beer
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 03:22:43 AM »

I'm still relatively new to guitar but I'm looking forward to having a crack at this!

Good luck,  beer

Of all the solo's on the album, This I love sounds like the the easiest to play. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 03:52:32 AM »

Thats really cool!  Unfortunately my les paul doesnt have a whammy bar lol, and some of the other sounds seem like they'd be hard to pull off.
Maybe its been released especially for DJ to practise lol  hihi

Les Paul owner are you now?

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm looking at you Voodoo and AdZ), but I have not encountered any instances of the whammy being used on the Guns N' Roses 2008 release "Chinese Democracy."
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 03:57:36 AM »

Les Paul owner are you now?

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm looking at you Voodoo and AdZ), but I have not encountered any instances of the whammy being used on the Guns N' Roses 2008 release "Chinese Democracy."

I was thinking hard myself, but i was more reffering to some of the sounds in general.

And yes, ya can never go wrong with a les paul/marshall!  like zakk says, you see these guys in music stores saying "This amp sounds like a vintage marshall".  So why not just fucking buy a marshall then?  hihi

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 04:15:48 AM »

14.?Prostitute?: ?Prostitute? goes from hushed verses to a towering chorus washed in guitars and theatrical orchestration making it a fitting closer. It?s not clear who Rose is directing the lyrics to when he sings, ?Oh, I saw the damage in you, my fortunate one, the ending of you,? but the intent is there, seething right below the surface. There is some whammy-bar assisted bombast towards the final seconds that comes out of nowhere but somehow works in the scheme of the song. So just like that, Chinese Democracy comes to and end.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 08:01:15 AM »

Not whammy bar, but the actual whammy pedal effect (also used by Buckethead in several other songs like Chinese, Shacklers, Riad...). So, your Les Paul would do just fine in all songs except the ones with Bumblefoot's fretless guitar (tho you can still pull it off).

the music in tab books are transcribed by guitarists/employees of whoever makes the book...Most tab books are pretty close if not dead on when it comes to transcribing music.  The band/label has to sign off on it to be made though I believe.
I know, I was asking if the band agreed.

Finally I can get my RHiad better Tongue, or Scraped.. the hardest songs on the album for sure!
This guy did an amazing job in Riad riff and first half of Ron's solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUuR30muf3g

And this one in Scraped riff, tho it needs some work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kvy7VO_TTc

sounds exciting indeed, im not a guitar player, but good luck to anyone who can master the end guitar solo in twat.
Not all that hard, I think. Good luck to master Riad solos, tho.

Of all the solo's on the album, This I love sounds like the the easiest to play. 
I don't think all those bends is all that easy to pull it off 100%. I'd say the easiest ones are Robin's solo in TWAT and Bucket outro in SOD.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:09:05 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 08:40:35 AM »

Thanks for your wonderful guitar input Voodoo!   Smiley 

I have a tab book for all the old songs and I notice that all the RIFFS are tabbed basically the same as Slash/Izzy played em.  But the SOLO'S were different.  Slash seemed to play them in different positions than tabbed in the book. 
Particularily Civil War, Jungle and estranged.  Hard to explain with showing though  hihi

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 08:53:28 AM »

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/g/guns_n_roses/this_i_love_solo_tab.htm

This i love solo.  It looks pretty accurate enough although i dont have guitar in hand so cant really be sure.

Actually, im sure there is a tab section on this board were i could link to some of these pages if people are interested?

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 08:54:56 AM »

Thanks for your wonderful guitar input Voodoo!   Smiley 

I have a tab book for all the old songs and I notice that all the RIFFS are tabbed basically the same as Slash/Izzy played em.  But the SOLO'S were different.  Slash seemed to play them in different positions than tabbed in the book. 
Particularily Civil War, Jungle and estranged.  Hard to explain with showing though  hihi
I also have tab books for all the old songs, yet they are not for my benefit, I do not play either, but my husband is an avid guitar collector, I believe he has about 35 in collection, his fave being a 1962 Chet Atkins Gretch Nashville, needless to say I will be adding the new book to the collection, great news Voodoo and thanks ok.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: