Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:59:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  LA Times: Axl Rose's appetite is for today's Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LA Times: Axl Rose's appetite is for today's Guns N' Roses  (Read 53829 times)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #140 on: December 25, 2011, 02:38:51 PM »

Axl is totaly right.Only Slash and Duff are totally ready and prepared for long tour.Main reason why Izzy left the band is that.I like Steven,but who can trust him.Why not Matt,because Axl want it. Reunion thing is "big money" thing and if it will happen noone will risk with Izzy and Steven...On the other hand,new band is fuckin rnr machine,which to be honest old band never been.I think these guys deserve fully suport and one album with full promotion.And they can sell big tour.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #141 on: December 25, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »

This is an 8 member band, along with 3 managers, according to Beta, whom I guess are all on salary- it sounds like the photographer is also traveling with them-the late shows I would imagine are costing a lot more than what a normal show would cost-the show that I went to in Detroit ended at 2 a.m.-I would imagine billing for employees (not sure how it works with arena workers), on overtime, is billed back to the band-not to mention extra hours paid to the road crew taking down the stage until 4, 5 a.m., maybe-and sometimes having to set up on a back to back night in time for soundcheck the next day-these guys are not working for free
band have a priceg,and they got a money before the show...for example gnr got 500000 dolars for Belgrade show,and organizators had a risk for atendance and other stuf.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #142 on: December 25, 2011, 06:25:21 PM »

Axl is totaly right.Only Slash and Duff are totally ready and prepared for long tour.Main reason why Izzy left the band is that.I like Steven,but who can trust him.Why not Matt,because Axl want it. Reunion thing is "big money" thing and if it will happen noone will risk with Izzy and Steven...On the other hand,new band is fuckin rnr machine,which to be honest old band never been.I think these guys deserve fully suport and one album with full promotion.And they can sell big tour.

The trouble with going with just slash, matt and duff is that this would get spun as Axl is the new VR front man.....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #143 on: December 25, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »

its seems everything he says gets twisted, taken out of context and blown out of proportion... no wonder he doesn't give many interviews hihi

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2011, 05:57:34 AM »

What???!! Come on....
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2011, 07:59:23 AM »

What???!! Come on....
The old band toured the Illusion albums for 2+ years around the world.

libertad
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2011, 11:10:24 AM »

What???!! Come on....
The old band toured the Illusion albums for 2+ years around the world.

Technically by that time is was a version of GNR not the original....

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »

Technically by that time is was a version of GNR not the original....

Right, Izzy only performed live in 1991.  1992-1993 featured Gilby Clarke on rhythm guitar, and Sorum performed the entire UYI tour.  So it wasn't the original members.

its seems everything he says gets twisted, taken out of context and blown out of proportion...

Well, one reason is because Axl isn't often clear on what he means, as in this case.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #148 on: December 26, 2011, 07:18:55 PM »

its seems everything he says gets twisted, taken out of context and blown out of proportion...

Well, one reason is because Axl isn't often clear on what he means, as in this case.

Totally.  The  way that Axl answers some questions enables the interviewer to interpret it anyway they want and then they run with it!  It is amazing some of the headlines I have seen for articles regarding this interview, I saw one that says "Axl will only reunite with Slash and Duff"  as in he will only do it if they want to.  How in the world do you come away with that after reading the interview!!

I mean even the board members here have been dissecting the interview for days now.  I came away with 3 things from this interview,

1. Axl is dedicated to the current  GNR of 2011.

2. Axl has no interest in working with anyone from the Illusion era.

3. Axl thinks that only Slash and Duff have the chops/work ethic to pull off the live show that GNR demands.(I'm assuming their VR/Loaded/Solo albums and tours over the past 20 years are the basis for this)  Izzy and Steven are both completely unreliable in their own ways, and have shown as much over the past 2 decades.  And since they wouldn't be able to pull it off it wouldn't really be a reunion with the Illusion guys, so what is the point?  As in the media/fans keep talking about a reunion but it is not even possible even if all 5 wanted to do it because 2 band members couldn't pull it off even if they wanted to.

I could be completely wrong, but that is exactly as I interpret the interview.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 07:20:33 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #149 on: December 26, 2011, 11:00:54 PM »

Totally.  The  vague way that Axl answers some questions enables the interviewer to interpret it anyway they want and then they run with it!  It is amazing some of the headlines I have seen for articles regarding this interview, I saw one that says "Axl will only reunite with Slash and Duff"  as in he will only do it if they want to.  How in the world do you come away with that after reading the interview!!

I mean even the board members here have been dissecting the interview for days now.  I came away with 3 things from this interview,

3. Axl thinks that only Slash and Duff have the chops/work ethic to pull off the live show that GNR demands.(I'm assuming their VR/Loaded/Solo albums and tours over the past 20 years are the basis for this)  Izzy and Steven are both completely unreliable in their own ways, and have shown as much over the past 2 decades.  And since they wouldn't be able to pull it off it wouldn't really be a reunion with the Illusion guys, so what is the point?  As in the media/fans keep talking about a reunion but it is not even possible even if all 5 wanted to do it because 2 band members couldn't pull it off even if they wanted to.

Couldn't have said it better, old chap.  Well done.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2011, 01:41:30 AM »

Definitely the right interpretation in point 3 bohdi. But don't you think it's kind of an out-of-character Slash compliment?

And also why the hell is he even talking about the possibility of a reunion tour? I mean if that (the touring) is thr only problem, then one rrhof show would be no problem?  In the past Axl would be way more scathing..

Slash just said "I'm trying to put [axl feud] to rest" in an interview. I wonder if theyre talking...
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2011, 03:15:12 AM »

Definitely the right interpretation in point 3 bohdi. But don't you think it's kind of an out-of-character Slash compliment?

And also why the hell is he even talking about the possibility of a reunion tour? I mean if that (the touring) is thr only problem, then one rrhof show would be no problem?  In the past Axl would be way more scathing..

Slash just said "I'm trying to put [axl feud] to rest" in an interview. I wonder if theyre talking...

I take it at face value, Axl said he didn't want to be "that guy" more or less to ruin it. And is willing to set aside his convictions, for the sake of the fans.
As far as Him talking about it would only work with Slash And DUff, I think he his speaking to thier worth ethos, as far as touring etc. But that doesn't mean Axl wants to go on the journey again with them. I dunno, as a fan since the beginning, all I really think of all this is that Axl is willing to take the stage again with the original line up, accept it graciously, but in the interview, also saying a reunion tour would never work as he is completely committed to his band mates today, and wanting to put out new music.

But again for the fans sake he is going to set aside whatever his feelings are, I have no doubt that Axl respects Slash and the rest . Obviously Duff and Izzy, but for sure if there was any reunion tour, it wouldn't work.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2011, 10:08:33 AM »

someone posted the whole interview on another site it makes a much better read than just the small part we`re discussing he also talks about radio stations and music and mentions he likes some of the music from the film drive maybe someone could post all of it on here ok
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2011, 05:25:49 PM »

someone posted the whole interview on another site it makes a much better read than just the small part we`re discussing he also talks about radio stations and music and mentions he likes some of the music from the film drive maybe someone could post all of it on here ok

Axl Rose's appetite is for today's Guns N' Roses

Axl Rose talks playing the Forum, Hall of Fame gig, reunion

Axl Rose bemoans the state of L.A. radio
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2011, 07:02:34 PM »

Drive is an awesome movie with an awesome soundtrack, indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
PatrickS77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2011, 07:28:27 PM »

Totally.  The  way that Axl answers some questions enables the interviewer to interpret it anyway they want and then they run with it!  It is amazing some of the headlines I have seen for articles regarding this interview, I saw one that says "Axl will only reunite with Slash and Duff"  as in he will only do it if they want to.  How in the world do you come away with that after reading the interview!!

Yep! Sadly, that's how I interpret it too... but here's still hoping for a one night reunion at the induction ceremony!

GNR Live:
1992-06-21 Basel
1993-06-26 Munich
Fake GNR 7x
Reunion GNR 23x
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2011, 11:04:49 PM »

As was pointed out by jazjme, this was only a comment on their touring work ethics.  Slash and Duff has proven time and time again that they can sustain themselves on lengthy tours.

And also why the hell is Axl even talking about the possibility of a reunion tour?

Because the world keeps asking about it.  What Axl is saying is that a full blown reunion wouldn't work even if they all wanted it to.  He isn't saying that HE wants it to work, he's just speaking hypothetically about the notion.

I highly doubt it.
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2011, 11:37:48 AM »

Axl needs to channel his Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith character and do a guest dj spot on one of these radio stations....or even a remote from his house or something where he can play whatever he wants from his iPod or iTunes. 

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2011, 01:29:19 PM »

he needs to create his own radio on http://www.radionomy.com/en and share it with us  ok

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
StardustGirl
Headliner

And though as long as this road seems...

« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2011, 08:23:46 AM »

First off, "We take for granted that we know the whole story, We judge a book by it's cover, And read what we want, Between selected lines", still more than valid words 20 years down the road, just look at the length of this discussion, all the twisting and turning.

Surely Axl is talking about the reunion because the topic keeps popping up and is kept alive by people who smell money (in addition to those who simply want to sniff some nostalgia). He is pretty clear that easy cash is not his motivation. In addition to being quite dedicated to the current line up, he is also clear that 40% of the original line up could not cope with the demands of a tour and simply that fact is enough to rule out a reunion tour even if all involved had the will to do it.

Would I attend a reunion concert? No. I would not mind hearing a song or two at HOF just as a one time nostalgia thing if all parties would have a motivation to do it, but why would I pay money to hear the old songs (surely none from CD could be included) played worse than the current band does them (yes, you can dream of the past but it was never that great alive, in all honesty, despite all charisma and perceived chemistry). I can't see the old line up being creative together again, I just don't see them sharing a vision of what kind of music they'd like to create together and I have no interest to hear old songs played by some tribute band that is dead creatively. I know many will disagree on this and that is their prerogative, but i also know quite a few will agree. 

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night...
long live rock n' roll
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: