Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:19:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  LA Times: Axl Rose's appetite is for today's Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LA Times: Axl Rose's appetite is for today's Guns N' Roses  (Read 53862 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 08:09:38 AM »

Awesome interview

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 08:27:15 AM »

i'm happy Axl didn't really rule out a reunion performance at the Hall of Fame. Fingers crossed  peace
No ,He only fired four menagers when they said word "reunion"...

Different timezones  hihi

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 08:28:21 AM »

I really don't find much positive about this interview, but oh well-the management situation is bizarre

libertad
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 08:39:55 AM »

I really don't find much positive about this interview, but oh well-the management situation is bizarre

Agree on the management situation!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 08:45:10 AM »

My 2 cents - Axl should be there at the R&R HOF but he is not obligated to perform with the AFD lineup.

Perfect !@

ok

Why

Huh

i'm happy Axl didn't really rule out a reunion performance at the Hall of Fame. Fingers crossed  peace

Not !@

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »

It's bizzare because now he thinks the tour is not marketed properly? I've seen it advertised on VH1 more than any other band currently touring, I've seen it in print, what I have seen is the lead singer give only his second interview in the last I don't know how many years. I like Axl, but everything is everyone else's fault-Slash, the label, managers, ect.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:00:29 AM by Fingers » Logged

libertad
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 09:03:29 AM »

"A few key riffs", eh? Eh, what does it matter to a rock n' roll band, right?  nervous

Couldn't help but notice that the line about the riffs was not quoted.

Have a hard time believing that Axl minimizes Slash's contribution down to just a few key riffs.

Killer solos? Big part of the Gn'r sound and legacy as well

If Axl truly believes that, I don't think he's fooling anyone. Well, maybe Estebanf (just kidding, pal)
Izzy's enormous influence has always been very apparent to me. I'm not sure there is a point in ranking the importance of any one individual, but the proof is in the pudding as far as GN'R's popularity with, and without Slash.

Whether any of them want to admit it or not, they all complemented each other's talents perfectly.

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 09:08:17 AM »

It's bizzare because now he thinks the tour is not marketed properly? I've seen it advertised on VH1 more than any other band currently touring, I've seen it in print, what I have seen is the lead singer give only his second interview in the last I don't know how many years. I like Axl, but everything is everyone else's fault-Slash, the label, managers, ect.

Yeah I saw a commercial for the tour on TV last night. Pretty well done, too.
It's certainly no secret that they are touring. Seems like it's been a popular misconception all these years about Axl that he doesn't care what people think, and does whatever he pleases. Maybe he cares too much.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 09:13:49 AM »

I know people don't want to hear this, but the late start times through the years has slowly eroded attendance at GNR concerts-I have been to 7 GNR concerts, and it does not bother me (I take the next day off), but a casual fan will not do this-the few keys riifs line is just silly on his part.

libertad
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 10:09:03 AM »

I kinda have to agree that Axl reducing Slash's contributions to GnR to a few key riffs is just silly.  Axl and Slash just remind me of that move Grumpy Old Men  hihi These guys are still going to be fighting in their 70's. 

I think every Guitar part that Slash wrote to every GnR song he ever recorded is pretty damn key in my humble opinion just as every vocal line Axl has ever recorded under the GnR banner is. I dont swing on Slash's nuts and I dont swing on Axl's either. It sucks that two people that were in a my favorite band in the world cant stand each other and they take shots at what each other did is pretty stupid.

Slash took cheap shots at Axl for years and Axl just sat back and took it and Slash spewed so much negative shit that I started to resent him, but I never take what those guys did together away. Regardless, those two on the same stage playing music was legendary and worthy of a first ballot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and that they will have to live with that for the rest of their lives.  I'm not saying reunion and I could care less if they perform together at the induction ceremony.

Just lock the two of them in a room for a few days and walk the fuck away.  and stop taking cheap shots at each other in the press!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!

And why would Beta give Axl an ultimatum? I love my wife, but if she was doing something I didnt like or agree with, I wouldnt give her an ultimatum that if she kept doing what I didnt like I would divorce her..short of her  getting gang banged by the offensive line of the New York Giants   hihi

Maybe her and her kids are perfect for the job, I just dont understand her saying " If you hire someone else, I quit!"  She knows how Axl feels about her and her kids and she knows Axl would never do anything to hurt her or make her quit.. Sounds to me like she played the trump card to get the job.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:32:51 AM by Verasa » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 10:13:44 AM »

@LunsJail

Newsflash for you:  before Axl became the lead in the biggest band in the world and voted into the RnR HOF, he used to stock shelves at a local grocery store in a small town in Indiana.

Peoples professions change and/or evolve over their lifetime. Go figure.

How do you know that all the 'momentum' going on isn't Beta's doing?  (I don't know that it is just as you don't know that it isn't.)

One thing that is without doubt is Beta's love, loyalty, hard work and dedication to Axl and everything GNR!!!

CONGRATULATIONS BETA!!!  WELL DESERVED!!!   beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 10:23:11 AM »

It sounds like the tour is losing money, and there are still label problems-I'm not sure where the momentum is.

libertad
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 10:33:02 AM »

It sounds like the tour is losing money, and there are still label problems-I'm not sure where the momentum is.

No where does it say the tour is losing money. It said management wanted to make things SMALLER, so I'm guessing they could make MORE money.

Axl is God.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 10:39:53 AM »

No where does it say the tour is losing money. It said management wanted to make things SMALLER, so I'm guessing they could make MORE money.

If you fire a manager during a tour, make a statement about management wanting to scale back things, and complain about a tour not marketed properly, chances are they are losing money, or maybe at best breaking even.

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 10:43:07 AM »

U2's production costs for that massive stadium tour had to be huge, but they are bringing in a boat load of money-I'm sure management didn't come to Bono and ask to scale things down so they could make more money.

libertad
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 10:49:58 AM »

Yeah, it's obvious the tour isn't making money. You can't put on a show of this scale and play to 7-8k people 3 or 4 nights a week and turn a profit. And if someone wants to argue with me on that then go ahead and waste your breath. You won't change my mind.

That being said, the shows themselves seem to be going well.
@LunsJail

Newsflash for you:  before Axl became the lead in the biggest band in the world and voted into the RnR HOF, he used to stock shelves at a local grocery store in a small town in Indiana.

Peoples professions change and/or evolve over their lifetime. Go figure.

How do you know that all the 'momentum' going on isn't Beta's doing?  (I don't know that it is just as you don't know that it isn't.)

One thing that is without doubt is Beta's love, loyalty, hard work and dedication to Axl and everything GNR!!!

CONGRATULATIONS BETA!!!  WELL DESERVED!!!   beer

My quote on momentum meant that now there doesn't appear to be any. No management, bad relationship with the record label, Axl unhappy with the way the tour was marketed. Also, there's a fine line between being loyal and being an enabler.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 11:56:57 AM »

This is an 8 member band, along with 3 managers, according to Beta, whom I guess are all on salary- it sounds like the photographer is also traveling with them-the late shows I would imagine are costing a lot more than what a normal show would cost-the show that I went to in Detroit ended at 2 a.m.-I would imagine billing for employees (not sure how it works with arena workers), on overtime, is billed back to the band-not to mention extra hours paid to the road crew taking down the stage until 4, 5 a.m., maybe-and sometimes having to set up on a back to back night in time for soundcheck the next day-these guys are not working for free

libertad
JSMastro
Opening Act

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 12:15:35 PM »

I'm happy for Beta as well.  There is no way Axl would have put her in that position if she wasn't qualified, knew the business, etc.  She has been by his side - literally - for what, 15 years?  Plus, at least he knows that she won't push him to do things for her own selfish gain. 
Looking at what we know about Hollywood, that business, etc., that is priceless to many artists.  The list is endless of artists who get forced into stuff so that others can profit, making them glorified whores...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 12:18:48 PM »

Plus, at least he knows that she won't push him to do things for her own selfish gain. 

My fear is that she won't push him to do anything. And people on here will spend most of 2012 bitching about how there's no news, no signs of a new album, etc.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 12:21:39 PM »

Yeah, it's obvious the tour isn't making money. You can't put on a show of this scale and play to 7-8k people 3 or 4 nights a week and turn a profit. And if someone wants to argue with me on that then go ahead and waste your breath. You won't change my mind.

It's actually great to see someone who don't only worry about money and profit. Not used to that in In-Corporated States of America?  hihi

Guns getting some well deserved reputation with this tour, that's worth more than money. Hell, maybe it's even an long-term investment!

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: