Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:44:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to Play at Brooklyn Bowl?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to Play at Brooklyn Bowl?  (Read 35277 times)
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2013, 10:51:46 PM »

Regardless of some of these strange posts it was quite the memorable show..Loved Axl's response to the club not being what he expected when he signed on...

It really was a memorable show. I don't think anyone really know what to expect at this show even the band. It was a great time and hope to see them again one day in a small club.

When out side in line they have a sign for the Brooklyn Bowl and also the Brooklyn Brewery. Funny how a few people were in line for 30mins or more till they noticed the line was not for the brewery tour.  hihi     

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2013, 07:48:34 AM »

Seeing them recently in clubs during the Hammersmith shows and UCP this club was even more intimate...Not even barricades seperating the crowd from the stage...
Annie
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2013, 01:41:14 PM »

Seeing them recently in clubs during the Hammersmith shows and UCP this club was even more intimate...Not even barricades seperating the crowd from the stage...
So true. it was the greatest night of BItty Ted's life. And one of the best of mine! ok
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2013, 10:20:38 AM »

TIL was one of the CD songs that over time grew on me...My new found interest in tact I figured it would be a tough song to pull off live due to raged vocals accompanied by  more sentiment lyrics and music..But after hearing it live I was blown away..Following is a review of it from the Brooklyn Bowl Show.. It's an Lmost perfect summary of the CD and live versions.

Of all the massive hits they played on that stage, the most important Rose moment was during the comparatively quiet Chinese Democracy deep cut "This I Love." Without the bluster of his band, you could hear the voice of Axl Rose, 26 years past its breakthrough moment, almost unadorned. You could hear the cracks and faults of time, you could hear the moments of sheer perfection that never left, you could hear the Joplin-meets-alleycat mewl that it's hard to believe was somehow the voice of rock radio and MTV next to honey-dripped stuff like White Lion and INXS. You could hear Axl Rose, a guy who could headline a music festival if he was backed by a Discman and a sparkler. We overheard one dude saying, "Worth every penny.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2013, 10:13:10 PM »

This show has some of the best bootleg material..The "cameramans" view up front near Bumble is clear with a cool angle...
Annie
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2013, 03:22:12 PM »

TIL was one of the CD songs that over time grew on me...My new found interest in tact I figured it would be a tough song to pull off live due to raged vocals accompanied by  more sentiment lyrics and music..But after hearing it live I was blown away..Following is a review of it from the Brooklyn Bowl Show.. It's an Lmost perfect summary of the CD and live versions.

Of all the massive hits they played on that stage, the most important Rose moment was during the comparatively quiet Chinese Democracy deep cut "This I Love." Without the bluster of his band, you could hear the voice of Axl Rose, 26 years past its breakthrough moment, almost unadorned. You could hear the cracks and faults of time, you could hear the moments of sheer perfection that never left, you could hear the Joplin-meets-alleycat mewl that it's hard to believe was somehow the voice of rock radio and MTV next to honey-dripped stuff like White Lion and INXS. You could hear Axl Rose, a guy who could headline a music festival if he was backed by a Discman and a sparkler. We overheard one dude saying, "Worth every penny.
Thankyou for this beautiful post. I loved TIL from the very first time I heard it.
Annie
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2013, 03:23:21 PM »

This show has some of the best bootleg material..The "cameramans" view up front near Bumble is clear with a cool angle...
I was too excited to be there to try and film anything. I wish somebody had a vid of Tommy asking me to give Bitty Ted to Axl.
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2013, 10:38:40 PM »

did anybody from the band bowl a few games afterwards? i wonder who's got the best game...

my money is on tommy. but i bet frank can crush the pins too.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2013, 05:27:53 AM »

Doubtful because it appeared place remained open after the concert. :-)..Perhaps beforehand..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2013, 09:24:27 AM »

As far as I remember, they opened the lanes before the show. So people who had booked to play there came in before the GN'R show started....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hustlers Revenge
Opening Act

« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2013, 06:19:43 PM »

ok. so did the band bowl a few games? did you go bowling jarmO? how good is your game? who would you say is the best bowler in guns n roses?

this is important to me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2013, 07:17:23 PM »

Haha.

I didn't see anybody in the band bowl. Neither did I.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2013, 08:30:38 PM »

Apparently Axl was a bit in the gutter..Still a great show!!
Jayster
Headliner

« Reply #173 on: August 28, 2013, 01:52:45 AM »

I get this mental image of Axl bowling in his full on stage gear, leather jacket with the studs in them, Ashba style jeans, cowboy hat...and a custom pair of bowling shoes to match the outfit.

either way, the videos from this sounds like an amazing time! axl sounded good and looks like a damn cool venue to see the band in.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2013, 02:59:02 PM »

It was a coop venue..total dive bar feel but not run down..vintage pictures hanging up and let's not forget about the giant ceiling fan possibly rattling dangerously loose with every high pitch scream..
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: