Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:25:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson: Duff McKagan Reuniting With Guns N' Roses to 'Help Axl Out'
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson: Duff McKagan Reuniting With Guns N' Roses to 'Help Axl Out'  (Read 35280 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2014, 01:16:45 PM »

I don't think so, almost nobody cares about a reunion nowadays. Maybe it could be a step forward just to have Slash shacking hands with axl one more time but I think old fans are just too old to encourage the media to start speculations about a reunion in a massive way Wink. It would be cool if Laurel & Hardy could bury the hatchet, I think it would be enough for people out there, but sadly we all know it won't happen.

With all due respect, where the hell are you living?  "Almost nobody cares about a reunion nowadays"  Are you for real?

A reunion will always be far and away the most interesting thing that ever happens with this band.  That's not to shit on the current line-up, but its just the reality of the situation.  Nothing would generate more press.  Nothing would bring back more fans.  Nothing would sell better as a product.

I'm right with you that aliens will invade and colonize the planet before Axl agreed to it, but that's a separate conversation.  People would be very interested.

"Far and away "the" most interesting thing that happens with this band"Huh

You are delusional

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2014, 03:52:01 PM »

I don't think so, almost nobody cares about a reunion nowadays. Maybe it could be a step forward just to have Slash shacking hands with axl one more time but I think old fans are just too old to encourage the media to start speculations about a reunion in a massive way Wink. It would be cool if Laurel & Hardy could bury the hatchet, I think it would be enough for people out there, but sadly we all know it won't happen.

With all due respect, where the hell are you living?  "Almost nobody cares about a reunion nowadays"  Are you for real?

A reunion will always be far and away the most interesting thing that ever happens with this band.  That's not to shit on the current line-up, but its just the reality of the situation.  Nothing would generate more press.  Nothing would bring back more fans.  Nothing would sell better as a product.

I'm right with you that aliens will invade and colonize the planet before Axl agreed to it, but that's a separate conversation.  People would be very interested.

"Far and away "the" most interesting thing that happens with this band"Huh

You are delusional
Well...don't go halfway here.

You are making the argument that a new album from this line-up would be bigger news and better received than a reunion? 

Be clear.  I need to hear you say the words.

And, just to clarify yet again, I am not taking a position on a reunion's probability or my personal desirability.  I think such talk is ridiculous.  I am speaking to the general population's reaction to both scenarios.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2014, 04:12:59 PM »

The fact that Jarmo has to censor this board as much as he does just goes to show that a reunion is still as popular as ever among fans.
Personally, I don't waste my time thinking about it.

The stupidity of some posts amazes me. What censorship? I have a low tolerance for attention seeking idiots.

If people wanna talk about something that's not particularly relevant to the band's actions at this particular point in time, go ahead. But don't fucking waste my or anybody else's time by bringing that up in every other fucking thread. Simple as that.

Some of you call that censorship. I call it logic.

Thank you, have a nice day.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2014, 04:17:30 PM »

What was up with locking that other thread, Jarmo?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2014, 04:19:08 PM »

I didn't lock it.

But it makes sense to have one discussion in one place instead of running around like headless chicken.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2014, 04:20:52 PM »

I didn't lock it.

But it makes sense to have one discussion in one place instead of running around like headless chicken.

/jarmo

No, I could see that approach.

But you do realize this thread was only created because the other one got locked for whatever reason.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2014, 04:30:01 PM »

There you go.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2014, 04:31:21 PM »

Thanks much.

Princess Leia
« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2014, 05:31:23 PM »

Jarmo since you?re there. Do you know if Duff is traveling directly to Buenos Aires? Or is Duff meeting the band in Porto Alegre after the show to go together with the them?
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2014, 06:32:33 PM »

People who followed gnr in the 90's todays have a belly,  they're probably balding, they have children,  many problems.... Yes, today almost nobody cares about a reunion because people who listen to today's music just don't need that. I mean, I personally would love it, but I know people  barely know what gnr was and what gnr is... It would be cool, great etc...but...it won't be a led zep reunion kind of thing, anyway. (I hope someday Axl will prove I'm wrong  hihi)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2014, 07:03:33 PM »

Duff also apparently helps Sebastian Bach out with writing some songs band appearing in the video for Temptation..Pretty good song, check out the Loaded wrist band..
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2014, 07:11:40 PM »

I don't get this whole thing.  Duff doesn't hold grudges and he was pissed that the original lineup couldn't play at the RNRHOF cause that did mean a lot to him. So it is cool he can move on and play with Axl even it does seem it is always on Axl's terms.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2014, 07:43:27 PM »

I don't get this whole thing.  Duff doesn't hold grudges and he was pissed that the original lineup couldn't play at the RNRHOF cause that did mean a lot to him. So it is cool he can move on and play with Axl even it does seem it is always on Axl's terms.
It seems to me that it is on both their terms or else Duff wouldn't have agreed to it.  It's not like there's anything to suggest he was strong-armed into doing it.

Ali
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2014, 08:12:54 PM »

On duff:
Duff is still close with axl because duff was so drunk back in the day that he seems to blame only himself for any issues and doesn't point fingers.  He clearly will enjoy this as a reuinion for him.  Slash or no slash, this is a reunion!

On reunion:
The current lineup is not new guns n roses.
The current lineup IS guns n roses.

Everyone who has been in this band...slash, duff, Adler, izzy, sorum, brain, bucket head, gilby, fink, and current members are the supporting cast of axl's band GNR! 

So  there is no such thing as a reunion since the band is active.
What is so great about axl is that he didn't give up.  He made guns n roses relevant against all odds!
Perfect voice, Mickey voice, raspy, hoarse and crap voice, axl is still going.  
Axl is an iron man.   He is touring at 52 with GNR and rocking out like a champ!

Thoughts anyone?

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2014, 08:18:06 PM »

People who followed gnr in the 90's todays have a belly,  they're probably balding, they have children,  many problems.... Yes, today almost nobody cares about a reunion because people who listen to today's music just don't need that. I mean, I personally would love it, but I know people  barely know what gnr was and what gnr is... It would be cool, great etc...but...it won't be a led zep reunion kind of thing, anyway. (I hope someday Axl will prove I'm wrong  hihi)
You couldn't be more wrong. I know 75 year old women who know who Gn'R are.  Billboard sales indicate that people still love Guns.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2014, 09:18:16 PM »

It seems to me that it is on both their terms or else Duff wouldn't have agreed to it.  It's not like there's anything to suggest he was strong-armed into doing it.

Yeah, and Duff wasn't exactly strong-armed back in 2010 either.  Duff and Axl serendipitously were in the same place at the same time doing different things, and Axl invited Duff to be onstage with him that night.  I don't see that as being on anybody's "terms" per se.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2014, 12:47:45 AM »

It kind of is on Axl's terms.  He needed the fill in.  He didn't want to play with Duff at the RNRHOF.  Duff had to go to South America and fill in on  Axl's tour.  Duff appears like he will play anywhere with Axl at anytime, Axl only lets Duff play with him at his shows when he is ready. Who knows, good for Duff.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #157 on: April 03, 2014, 01:41:55 AM »

Omg people,,, blah,, blah,,, blah

on topic please

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2014, 03:02:14 AM »

Duff appears like he will play anywhere with Axl at anytime, Axl only lets Duff play with him at his shows when he is ready.

Check out Axl's statements prior to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.  He stated Duff and Izzy were welcome to play with him anytime if THEY desired:

Izzy came out with us a few times back in '06 and I invited him to join us at our LA Forum show last year.  Duff joined us in 2010 and again in '11 along with his band, Loaded, opening in Seattle and Vancouver. For me, with the exception of Izzy or Duff joining us on stage if they were so inclined somewhere in the future for a song or two, that's enough.

SOURCE: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/04/axl-rose-pens-open-letter-to-rock-hall-will-not-attend-asks-to-not-be-inducted.html
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 03:12:10 AM by Bridge » Logged
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #159 on: April 03, 2014, 06:36:26 AM »

Hey! -I followed GnR in the 90's as well as 80'-I have no kids, no major problems & have ripped, 6-pack abs! But U R right I'm in the tiny minority. I just asked someone the other day that fits your profile If he could guess when GnR's last performance was since I found out he is considered by many to be a self-proclaimed "huge GnR fan". His answer was "ahhh 1997?"  When I told him it was the previous nite in Brazil he seemed quite puzzled & said "well you don't mean the real GnR with Axl though, right?" The reality is that a person as u described that considers them self to be a big GnR Fan is really not in a place in their lives to know or care about what's actually happening with GnR today.  I wish someday GnR would just appear at at half-time at the Superbowl & tear thru a blazing rendition of Jungle,YCBM & PC with Axl in top form but I know that will just never happen peace
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:38:01 AM by NCrazy » Logged

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'