Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:30:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson: Duff McKagan Reuniting With Guns N' Roses to 'Help Axl Out'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson: Duff McKagan Reuniting With Guns N' Roses to 'Help Axl Out'  (Read 35328 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 03:54:03 PM »

I don't see why Duff couldn't fill in.  Izzy came back for 6 shows in 93 when Gilby broke his arm. So Duff coming back for a few shows - there's precedent.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 04:14:25 PM »

Would have been funnier in an ironic sort of way if Duff replaced Tommy at the 'Mats shows on the dates Tommy was busy with the GNR shows.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 04:26:18 PM »

Would have been funnier in an ironic sort of way if Duff replaced Tommy at the 'Mats shows on the dates Tommy was busy with the GNR shows.  hihi

Grin i didnt see that coming

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 04:34:28 PM »

Not to get too off track (no pun intended with what I'm about to say), but how can people track an individual passport, yet, governments can't find a plane. It makes no sense. Anyway, it would be cool to hear Duff play in a couple of shows.
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 05:43:15 PM »

Not to get too off track (no pun intended with what I'm about to say), but how can people track an individual passport, yet, governments can't find a plane. It makes no sense. Anyway, it would be cool to hear Duff play in a couple of shows.

I guess that the Brazilian Government has a database of all applications for visas to visit and/or work in their country - that must be what the source if this rumour is. Much easier to look into a database then find a plane whose communications systems had been deliberately disabled.

Back on topic - could there be another reason why Duff man is in Brazil?

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 08:10:43 PM »

Do any of you know Tommy's history with The Replacements? Do any of you have at least one Mats album? Listened or watched the old shows? Read anything on them?

Most bands and musicians would KILLLLLLL for even a fraction of the respect, credentials and gravitas that The Replacements get. Yeah, I know this is a GUNS N ROSES board. But Tommy being who he is, historically speaking, there's a LOT more at stake here. This is not some side project. NO one else in the GNR band (old OR new) has such a legacy to contend with other than Guns, and at the very same time no less. Go do some homework on The Replacements. It'll be VERY satisfying.

Yes, Tommy is a member of Guns, and has contributed a great deal. But, do a search on the web. 9 times out of 10, it's The Replacements that get primarily mentioned with Tommy. Of course Westerberg is synonymous to the band. But so is Tommy. Westerberg would NOT tour under the Mats name unless Tommy was fully in.

Why should it now matter WHO is playing bass for a few shows? It's still Guns N Roses, right??!?  RIGHT!?!?!?!!?

And look at this way: What a guy!!! The Guns fans are happy cuz of the gigs. The Mats fans are happy cuz of the gigs. And he still does fund raisers and local gigs here and there. THAT'S a good guy.

This. /End Thread. (And to answer your question, Yes very familiar with Mats history, and caught Riot Fest Chicago, front row dead center...).

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 02:10:24 PM »

Jarmo you are on tour.. obviously you would know if Tommy is going to miss any shows....

is he? or is it a secret of some kind?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2014, 02:13:40 PM »

I don't see why Duff couldn't fill in.  Izzy came back for 6 shows in 93 when Gilby broke his arm. So Duff coming back for a few shows - there's precedent.

The difference is Izzy came back playing all songs that he knew/wrote...Duff would be playing CD songs (albeit no more than 5), but still there's no precedent for that.
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2014, 10:24:58 AM »

It wouldn't make sense for duff to be doing Chinese Democracy songs and it wouldn't make sense for Tommy to bail on GNR for a few shows of a smaller band doing a smaller show. Obviously if he really wanted to do it and GNR OK'd it that would work but really can't see Duff up there. Even if they limit the CD songs, I doubt they would take them all out.

I reckon there is a possibility of him being a guest though. For such a big market and large fan base, South America hasn't had any special guests at there shows like America and Europe has.
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2014, 10:36:50 AM »

There is a precedence of GNR including a "former member" to the last two shows of a tour/run.
I saw Izzy in Vegas 2012 for last two shows.
Just saying.....

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2014, 10:54:41 AM »

There is a precedence of GNR including a "former member" to the last two shows of a tour/run.
Just saying.....

Last two on the UK tour and last Europe show in Mallorca in 2012.

You may have deciphered the GNR code of guests.
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 10:55:12 AM »

It wouldn't make sense for duff to be doing Chinese Democracy songs and it wouldn't make sense for Tommy to bail on GNR for a few shows of a smaller band doing a smaller show. Obviously if he really wanted to do it and GNR OK'd it that would work but really can't see Duff up there. Even if they limit the CD songs, I doubt they would take them all out.

I reckon there is a possibility of him being a guest though. For such a big market and large fan base, South America hasn't had any special guests at there shows like America and Europe has.

I think Duff has put the hard feelings in the past and he'd be open to learning a few CD songs.

Also, The Replacements is a very significant punk band to a lot of people and it's what gave Tommy his career start, so I actually do see him taking a few shows off for that.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2014, 11:37:36 AM »

I would like to know if Tommy is actually going to miss any shows...because if he isn't ... then is all kinda moot.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2014, 11:44:13 AM »

I would like to know if Tommy is actually going to miss any shows...because if he isn't ... then is all kinda moot.

Exactly right.  We are speculating about speculation.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2014, 11:45:44 AM »

This is one of the stupidest rumors ever.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2014, 11:46:41 AM »

Just saying.....

Yes, and what CD songs did Izzy play?  That's my point.  There is no precedent for that, so if Tommy isn't able to play these shows and Duff subs, I think it would be the first time a former AFD member played CD songs. 

The whole Visa thing is a bit creepy, but it does give us something to talk about.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2014, 11:50:31 AM »

You mean you're looking for the band/management to make an official announcement on something???  You know things don't roll that way.  Who knows, maybe nothing's been decided yet, but my money's on no one will know until the day of the show...unless someone gets a hold of Tommy's flight itinerary (totally not out of the realm of possibility).
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2014, 11:58:47 AM »

You mean you're looking for the band/management to make an official announcement on something???  You know things don't roll that way.  Who knows, maybe nothing's been decided yet, but my money's on no one will know until the day of the show...unless someone gets a hold of Tommy's flight itinerary (totally not out of the realm of possibility).

obviously i dont expect an official announcement...

but the fact the jarmo and whoever else hasnt refuted the idea that hes might miss anything leads me to believe that he is going to miss some shows lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2014, 01:58:35 PM »

obviously i dont expect an official announcement...

but the fact the jarmo and whoever else hasnt refuted the idea that hes might miss anything leads me to believe that he is going to miss some shows lol

Agreed.  He could shut this down in 3 seconds and hasn't.

All he has said is that the Duff stuff was an old rumor.  No assurances that Tommy will be there so all this talk is silly.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2014, 04:27:37 PM »

This rumor is not true isn it?

I havent found the dates of the replacments tour.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: