Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:08:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bras?lia, DF, Brazil, March 25, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bras?lia, DF, Brazil, March 25, 2014 updates  (Read 32473 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2014, 02:09:50 PM »

His voice now is not even close to some shows from 2006-2010.  However, NO youtube clip captures what it is like to be there.

But as I, and several others have said, when did this talk start?

People have posted Youtube clips for years.  We didn't hear any of this talk that you can't trust Youtube until things started to go downhill for him.

You must see that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2014, 02:18:11 PM »

If its not surprising that his voice isn't what it used to be (I'm not saying that, I'm not at the show), then why are we forever discussing this?  What is your need for everyone to agree?

Was the 2006 show recorded with the same phone in the same environment with the same crowd members?  Its not possible to compare.
You can watch the exact same performnce of a song recorded by two individuals and it can sound totally different!  Yes or NO?

If someone fucks up a verse, then Yes we can say a verse was fucked up (God forbid!), but these endless tone discussions are a bit monotonous and silly.

Do we all need to wait for tonight?s show and then watch the YouTube clips of a 2.5 hour concert searching high and low for a missed note to discuss at nausea tomorrow?

At least the setlist discussions (as silly as we got) were about wether a song was or wasn't performed.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2014, 02:20:50 PM »

no offense guys....im glad you get off on the performance

but watch welcome to the jungle at rock am germany from 2006....and then tell me that this clip is earth shattering....
\that whole show.... best version of Nighttrain too

i love the guy as much as the next guy.... there is just a world of difference ... i dont hold it against him... just the way it is ... i try to look at it objectively

There is no objective analysis of his vocals between now and then and not see a drop off.  Its just not possible.

Now, if you want to get into how you can still live with it, fine.  That's a different argument, one of rationalization.  That's something each individual needs to do and make their own peace with.

But you sound like a fool trying to say there is no change evident here.

This.  Exactly.  The argument that youtube doesn't properly capture his voice is bogus and a scapegoat.  Somehow youtube got it right for Rock am Ring in '06...
[/quote

That was a pro-shot video with soundboard audio.  There's a difference between that an audience recording on a cell phone.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2014, 02:25:54 PM »

If its not surprising that his voice isn't what it used to be (I'm not saying that, I'm not at the show), then why are we forever discussing this?  What is your need for everyone to agree?

Couldn't you just as easily turn that around though?

If anyone dares say he doesn't sound good, that comment gets stomped on like a fire you are trying to put out.  Is that not the same thing you are describing, trying to get everyone to agree?

It seems to me that most of the talk about his voice are in response to people telling us all is well.  Its a reaction and a counterpoint to what is given to us.

Bottom line is that people don't post videos here and start out "wow, he sounds like shit".  That happens elsewhere.  Not here. 

But if people want to start down the road that he sounds awesome, just look at this clip you stupid ungrateful haters...you need to prepare yourself for possibility that not all the responses will be enthusiastic nods.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2014, 02:33:24 PM »

Step 1 we buy a ticket to the show.
Step 2 we attend the show.
Step 3 we give the show a personal rating out of a 100.
Step 4 we can discuss whether the show deserves a 84 or 87.
Step 5 we can agree to disagree and give it an 86.5.

Now what....?

Toronto 10/29&30/17
Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2014, 02:36:11 PM »

Step 6 I'll buy you guys a beer at the circle bar.....May 28th, 30th or 31st if your there....lol
 peace

Toronto 10/29&30/17
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2014, 03:47:03 PM »

His voice now is not even close to some shows from 2006-2010.  However, NO youtube clip captures what it is like to be there.

But as I, and several others have said, when did this talk start?

People have posted Youtube clips for years.  We didn't hear any of this talk that you can't trust Youtube until things started to go downhill for him.

You must see that.

I agree.  After Rio 2011, I thought it was over.  But how about Philly 2012.  And how come on Your Crazy, he is able to sing like 2010....  His voice is the most complex human instrument ever....
No one, and I mean no one can cover Axl and truly match him....Hopefully his voice gets stronger. 
Jarmo, do you think Axl's voice right now is as good as 2010? 

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2014, 03:52:50 PM »

Personally, I will take the show I saw in 2011 over the show I saw in 1992 any day as far as Axl's vocals.  He did not have very good control of his voice back in '92, with little to no vibrato, and a tone that was so over-the-top in terms of raspiness, that even I found it abrasive.  His cleaner tone, while maybe not as appealing to many fans, is less abrasive to the ears.  In that sense, it is a welcome change for me.

I think he was as good in 2012 as in 2011 at the shows I saw in Vegas.  I'll see how he compares this year when I attend the shows in Vegas again.  It'll be at the same venue, so barring any changes in the mix the audience hears, it should make for as close to an apples-to-apples comparison as I could make.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2014, 04:13:51 PM »

What show did you see in 1992?

kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2014, 04:24:27 PM »

Who is 'us'? And why does it make you (us) better judge than the people judging the show from You Tube?

Didn't you understand? I said those of us who saw all shows on this tour. And not on Youtube!

Why would they be better than you to judge? Because they've seen every show on the tour? And not on Youtube!
I'm sorry if I value their opinion more than yours.

By the way, some of these people don't need tickets....

/jarmo

Jarmo ive been in 3 gnr shows, Madrid 2006 and 2010 and Mallorca 2012 and the voice was different in 2010 than 2012,in youtube,at staduim and in the moon.

Axl is not singing like 2010,or like he used to sing.Most of the songs were recorded with rasp, you can sing it without rasp but its pretty obvius that would not sound the same.

I really enjoyed 2006/2010 gigs and 2012 i realized how weak he was sounding

Ok.
But what's that got to do with the fact that people who were at all three first shows on this tour thought the latest one was the best one out of the three?

/jarmo

Im talking about that you realize how the voice is in the show,yes it sounds weaker in youtube becuase you dont have a PA in home,but im talking about my experience in that 3 shows ive been, the last i can say i realize how he was singing, and sorry but is my opinion, i prefer him to sing like 2010 or 2006 rather than how is singing nowadays.

I dont know if he has a throat problem ,i think he has, there is videos of him showing pain while sreaming like that benefit show ( cant remember de name) and at the beggining of welcome to the jungle LA 2012 i think.

But for sure,something happened from 2010 to 2011,for the peaple who love that voice,good for you.I realy expect him someday to sing like 2010.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2014, 05:16:57 PM »

What show did you see in 1992?
GN'R and Metallica in Orlando at the Citrus Bowl.

Ali
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2014, 07:37:10 PM »

In 2011, you think Paradise City and YCBM  sounded better than 92....Anyone else think this?  I do not see how.  SOunds like Denial.  Paradise in 2011 better than 92?...  I LOVE AXL and loved his shows in Miami in 2011 and 2012, but Paradise?  It was not like 2010 nor the old days. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 07:45:55 PM by gunsbetterthanever » Logged

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2014, 08:09:54 PM »

In 2011, you think Paradise City and YCBM  sounded better than 92....Anyone else think this?  I do not see how.  SOunds like Denial.  Paradise in 2011 better than 92?...  I LOVE AXL and loved his shows in Miami in 2011 and 2012, but Paradise?  It was not like 2010 nor the old days. 
No denial.  There is an uploaded PC from Indiana 1991 that you can listen to as an example.  That is an example of the type "over-the-top raspiness" that even I mentioned before that I found abrasive.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2014, 08:38:09 PM »

Oh, no way.

Not one performance since he came back holds a candle to his prime.  I mean, let's be honest.

I still think he sounded good in 2001, 2006-07, and 2009-10.  But even the best shows of those years can't really stand up to any number of shows from the glory years.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2014, 08:39:40 PM »

No denial.  There is an uploaded PC from Indiana 1991 that you can listen to as an example.  That is an example of the type "over-the-top raspiness" that even I mentioned before that I found abrasive.

Ali

Agreed. 

The summer of '91 tour had great setlists, but Axl sounded rough.  8.03.91 is the best setlist EVER, but his voice is shot by then.

But I think everything from December 1991 to July 1993 beats out anything since the relaunch.  Pick any old 'Paradise City' you like.

Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2014, 09:11:54 AM »

Back in the early nineties everyone used to talk about his voice and how it wasn't good at particular shows, so this is nothing new but give the guy a break. The people at the shows are clearly having an awesome time and at the end of the day they're the people that count, not us judging him on youtube!
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2014, 10:34:00 AM »

The people at the shows are clearly having an awesome time and at the end of the day they're the people that count, not us judging him on youtube!

They would be happy even Axl just standing and waving to them, while music goes from tape....
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2014, 11:09:54 AM »

How come when many of us say we think His voice is as good or better than "back in the day" we are labeled as  in denial? I couldn't care less about just always saying Axl sounds awesome-as pointed out - his high rasp sounds awful at the riot show- sounds real rough on the UYI vids from Japan & is again horrible at times at the Ritz - I think his voice is way more powerful, holds notes longer & is just more listenable then back in the day. Of course his performance are no where near the energetic- psycho frantic- angry  pace & style he had back then. He has mellowed just a bit with age & yes slowed down- but in any case you can't take your eyes off him when he's on stage- for 30 years he has been giving it everything he has got up there & is ALWAYS ELECTRIFYING! That I think we can all agree upon beer

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2014, 12:42:44 PM »

How come when many of us say we think His voice is as good or better than "back in the day" we are labeled as  in denial? I couldn't care less about just always saying Axl sounds awesome-as pointed out - his high rasp sounds awful at the riot show- sounds real rough on the UYI vids from Japan & is again horrible at times at the Ritz - I think his voice is way more powerful, holds notes longer & is just more listenable then back in the day. Of course his performance are no where near the energetic- psycho frantic- angry  pace & style he had back then. He has mellowed just a bit with age & yes slowed down- but in any case you can't take your eyes off him when he's on stage- for 30 years he has been giving it everything he has got up there & is ALWAYS ELECTRIFYING! That I think we can all agree upon beer

Wait, you think what we are hearing this week is better than the Ritz '88 or Tokyo '92 shows?

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2014, 12:56:11 PM »

Wait, you think what we are hearing this week is better than the Ritz '88 or Tokyo '92 shows?

Thanks for proving NCrazy's point so quickly!  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: