Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:57:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When is the next GNR window ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When is the next GNR window ?  (Read 42123 times)
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« on: July 07, 2014, 12:37:57 AM »

I am suffering major withdrawal from Vegas.  Would LOVE to see another GNR concert this year.  Just wondering when the next opportunity might be.  Ron is on Guitar Gods till July 12, Dead Daisies are booked until August 31st.  Is Sixx Am doing something this year?  Replacements have dates spread between now and October.  Might we see more GNR this year?  I'de like to think of this as less of a stalking activity and more of a research based activity....lol....I need to save holidays for concerts, but can't carry over years end.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 03:30:19 AM »

who knows, maybe late this year or some big event on spring 2015.

"We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out," Rose says in the interview. "We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too. But after Vegas we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65856.0

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 12:35:37 PM »

I would doubt there are any more shows happening this year.  Which is understandable.  Everyone needs time off.

What needs to happen is some time to decompress and then actually follow through on Axl's talk about "the second half of Chinese" in the fall or soon after.

Its going to be a real punch to the stomach if the next thing were hear from them is announcing some random festival next year.  And when asked about new material, have them retreat to the same old "dunno, but we're talking about it" routine.

I don't think its realistic to expect anything from them the rest of this year.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 12:52:02 PM »

Time off?  Everyone is working.

I'm keeping fingers crossed for New Years Eve!

Toronto 10/29&30/17
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 01:16:50 PM »

I am suffering major withdrawal from Vegas.  Would LOVE to see another GNR concert this year.  Just wondering when the next opportunity might be.  Ron is on Guitar Gods till July 12, Dead Daisies are booked until August 31st.  Is Sixx Am doing something this year?  Replacements have dates spread between now and October.  Might we see more GNR this year?  I'de like to think of this as less of a stalking activity and more of a research based activity....lol....I need to save holidays for concerts, but can't carry over years end.

I think Sixx Am are releasing a new album this year but highly doubt any tour will follow.  I don't think they toured when their second album came out.  Plus Nikki Sixx is busy with Motley Crue's final tour the rest of this year, and probably next. 
Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 01:30:22 PM »

Forgot about that Motley tour.....lol
So other than the Replacements....everything is clear come September.....that we know of.

Toronto 10/29&30/17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 01:57:53 PM »

But I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect these guys to come off the road and be back in a studio the next week ready to work.  Obviously, they will take some time off.

The next tour dates are next year sometime.  Its just a question of its to actually support a new product.  And not "Further Appetite For More Democracy : No Ending!!"

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 03:17:51 PM »

"Further Appetite For More Democracy : No Ending!!"

That's gold!  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 03:38:13 PM »

Don't pay too much attention to what the self-proclaimed experts think.
They don't attend shows but are quick to criticize without facts to fall back on. Opinions don't count as facts.  Smiley

GN'R usually announces their shows a few months in advance. Latest examples: South American tour was announce early this year and the tour took place in March-April.
Las Vegas residency was announced in February and started in May....

When is the next tour? Who knows. The band is having some time off. Some of the members are out touring with other bands (as stated above). But you can count on the fact that whenever it is, the same individuals will be there point out how there's something wrong.....  ok

But it's always nice to see fans who appreciate the band being active and playing live!  beer

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 03:54:31 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 05:10:21 PM »

Aren't they playing a show for that festival that got cancelled, oct I think  Huh Huh
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 05:12:19 PM »

What Round are we in?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 06:00:01 PM »

When is the next tour? Who knows. The band is having some time off. Some of the members are out touring with other bands (as stated above). But you can count on the fact that whenever it is, the same individuals will be there point out how there's something wrong.....  ok

Yeah, life is hard.

If you could take a brief respite from the pity party here, you'd have seen I have twice said they are due some time off and its not reasonable to expect them right back out there.

As for the next move after the much deserved time off?  Well, we have Axl's own words, don't we?  He either follows through or bails out.

Time will tell.  It usually does.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »

Yes, I do feel sorry for that kind of people. But only a little bit when I have to think about it.

Now, there, it's gone...  ok

No matter when or where GN'R plays next, it'll be exciting. No matter what the tour is celebrating. Our favorite band playing shows.... Hell yeah!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 06:52:52 PM »

I love the DVD, but it makes me miss the concert.  I want to go back.  I need a Canadian concert to bring my daughter (she's turning 7 and named Izzy, hasn't seen GNR live yet) and/or a New Years concert just to have a great time....I'll travel anywhere for that one....

Toronto 10/29&30/17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 07:09:11 PM »

No matter when or where GN'R plays next, it'll be exciting. No matter what the tour is celebrating. Our favorite band playing shows.... Hell yeah!

Indeed.

OK, so, let's split the difference.

How about we make the next tour 'Chinese Illusions'.  We could even couch the as yet unplayed by this line-up UYI tunes as "new songs".  Setlist is radically different, but no real work has to be done to bring it about.

Everyone wins.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 07:20:04 PM »

Yeah, life is hard.

If you could take a brief respite from the pity party here, you'd have seen I have twice said they are due some time off and its not reasonable to expect them right back out there.

As for the next move after the much deserved time off?  Well, we have Axl's own words, don't we?  He either follows through or bails out.

Time will tell.  It usually does.

What would you see as confirmation that Axl has followed through or not?

After all, he said, "after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we are doing in that regard".  He didn't say anything about when exactly the album would be released.  You could describe what he said as working on the new album, I suppose.  I just don't know how we would know if he did that or not.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 07:36:45 PM »

Here's a hypothetical question for all of you who think GN'R "needs" to release a new album before the next tour:
Imagine the next tour has two-four new songs from the new/upcoming album. The rest of the set list is similar to what's been the case so far. Will this make a huge difference to you and enough to make you buy a ticket?

If your answer is "no", what's the magical number that will make a difference? Considering many of you in this group of people haven't seen your favorite band in years by now.
What's the mysterious equation like? How many % of the set has to be new? How many years has there to be between shows if that % isn't met?

And if you're gonna answer this with some sarcastic smart ass remarks, don't bother. It's a serious question.

As a contrast, many of us love the band. We love to see the band on stage. It doesn't really matter which tracks from what albums they choose to perform or what label you put on the tour. Everybody has their favorite(s). But a show is never bad because they didn't play all your favorites.....  Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 07:38:08 PM »

My gut tells me that nothing will happen on the new album front.  That's just based on track record.

However, I choose to be encouraged by that interview where he talks about it.  I talked that up in every thread as a positive that can't be denied.

What's not following through?  Months of radio silence, followed by a handful of non-domestic dates, and when asked how that "very serious looking" went...retreat back to "don't know, don't care" territory.

What is following through?  Hell, I'll even lower the bar.  

I would consider it following through if that exact scenario played out (silence, far flung tour dates) but when asked about new material, we are simply talking in more concrete terms.  That songs are picked.  That its being mixed.  That there is a release date in mind.  

That if you ask a band member about it, he might actually know what the hell you are talking about.  

Not exactly moon and the stars type stuff here, right?

Will it happen?  Dunno.

Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 07:44:47 PM »

Hell if they mixed in a new song or two that would be AWESOME!  If they played the set list from Vegas....i'de still be a happy camper.  beer

Going slightly off topic here, but another special guest would be cool too....

I love Bach, Bubbles, Izzy, Duff....just saying.....

Toronto 10/29&30/17
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 07:53:06 PM »

My gut tells me that nothing will happen on the new album front.  That's just based on track record.

However, I choose to be encouraged by that interview where he talks about it.  I talked that up in every thread as a positive that can't be denied.

What's not following through?  Months of radio silence, followed by a handful of non-domestic dates, and when asked how that "very serious looking" went...retreat back to "don't know, don't care" territory.

What is following through?  Hell, I'll even lower the bar.  

I would consider it following through if that exact scenario played out (silence, far flung tour dates) but when asked about new material, we are simply talking in more concrete terms.  That songs are picked.  That its being mixed.  That there is a release date in mind.  

That if you ask a band member about it, he might actually know what the hell you are talking about.  

Not exactly moon and the stars type stuff here, right?

Will it happen?  Dunno.
I don't see the announcement of tour dates as being indicative one way or another as to whether or not work has been done on the new album.  I think they're completely independent.  Furthermore, I don't realistically expect them to NOT tour.  After all, they earn their money as musicians, that's how they make their living, so I fully expect and understand the need to tour from that perspective, as disappointingly realistic as it may be.

The band members and their talk of a new album is irrelevant to me as well.  They may not reveal anything because they were asked to not say anything or because they personally don't want to be dinged if something doesn't come to pass when they thought it would.

The interesting thing would be Axl's next comments on new music. But, then again, he may not choose to go into too much detail either for whatever reason.  That doesn't mean that things weren't worked on during this time off.

Ali
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: