Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:57:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  BBC Four to Air The Story of Guns N' Roses
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BBC Four to Air The Story of Guns N' Roses  (Read 39911 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: January 20, 2016, 02:30:29 PM »

BBC Four to Air The Story of Guns N' Roses

In 1985, Sunset Strip in Los Angeles gave birth to what would become one of the most successful and notorious rock bands of all time: Guns N? Roses. Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler formed a band that would change the history of rock 'n? roll.

They produced one of the greatest debut albums of all time and went on to play to countless millions. Always uncompromising, Guns N? Roses are an essential band in the musical lexicon.

Award-winning director Jon Brewer (B.B. King: The Life Of Riley and Nat King Cole: Afraid Of The Dark) tells the story of ?The Most Dangerous Band In The World? and how they came from playing bars on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles to stadiums across the world. The explosive rise of one of the most notorious bands of our times ? it's a story of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll in excess. The film has been painstakingly compiled from a host of exclusive, never-before-heard interviews, and the early footage of Guns fan and friend Marc Canter.

It is testament to the legacy of this band that the past few years have been dominated with rumours of a reunion of the original members - which is now set to take place in 2016 at Coachella festival ? with more dates rumoured. This raw, insightful and compelling documentary tells the story of how it all began and what really happened behind the scenes. The film features exclusive interviews with the likes of Steven Adler ? drummer, Guns N? Roses; Marc Canter ? childhood friend of Slash from Guns N? Roses; Vicky Hamilton ? former manager of Guns N? Roses; Saul Hudson (aka Slash) ? lead guitarist of Guns N? Roses; Mario Maglieri ? owner of The Rainbow and Whiskey A Go Go; Michael Monroe ? lead singer of Hanoi Rocks; Matt Sorum ? drummer of Guns N? Roses; Tom Zutaut ? A&R Executive who discovered and signed Guns N? Roses. It also features exclusive live footage from Marc Canter? the man who documented the early days of Guns N? Roses.

Guns N? Roses are one of the most successful rock bands of all time, with their debut album Appetite for Destruction selling over 30 million copies worldwide and spawning some of the most famous rock songs ever written, like Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O? Mine and Paradise City. Since that release in 1987, the original line-up of Guns N? Roses have gone to sell over 80 million records worldwide, releasing G N? R Lies 1988, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II in 1991, and The Spaghetti Incident? in 1993.

Director Jon Brewer is quickly becoming one of the most sought-after filmmakers of the past decade; he has a way of telling the stories of icons which has captured audiences worldwide. His previous work has included documentaries on Jimi Hendrix, B.B. King and Nat King Cole.

This film was commissioned for BBC Four by Jan Younghusband, Head of Commissioning, Music TV.

The Most Dangerous Band In the World: The Story of Guns N? Roses is set for a premiere on BBC Four at 10pm on Friday 5 February 2016.

http://newsonnews.com/story/200116-2124

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 02:37:54 PM »

is that the same release as the one released years before? some random people speaking about the 80's era, then a few minutes after UYI era, one ChiDem era photo and that's all?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 02:39:54 PM »

I think it's a new one.

Sweetness is a virtue
Princess Leia
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 02:40:42 PM »

It seems to be just another  Behind the Music like documentary. But at the same time it?s good to see GN?R getting media attention I guess.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 02:45:45 PM »

It seems to be just another  Behind the Music like documentary. But at the same time it?s good to see GN?R getting media attention I guess.

Its the best part of all this.

I've heard more talk about GNR in the past month than I have the past 5 years.

They are no longer vacationing with Andrew McCarthy and Ally Sheedy somewhere off the face of the Earth.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 02:49:00 PM »

sure, but still it could be more than stuff already heard for 1000 times, focusing at events almost 30 years old. I'd at least appreciate something newer, okay, at least UYI era if we pretend ChiDem era never existed.

Gman84
Opening Act

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 03:33:31 PM »

Even though it likely has nothing new I'll be setting the Sky+... ok
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 03:52:45 PM »

I believe this is basically 'Reckless Road, The Movie'.  I liked the book, so I'd definitely be interested in seeing this.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 03:06:59 AM »

I think it's a new one.

Yep, at least Michael Monroe was doing his bit about a year ago. Or year and a half.

If it's done right, I think it might be good! BBC is usually pretty good with this kind of documentaries, right?

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 05:33:06 AM »

Yes- I think this should be pretty good. It's going to feature early footage from Mark Canter.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 06:43:47 AM »

BBC Four to Air The Story of Guns N' Roses

In 1985, Sunset Strip in Los Angeles gave birth to what would become one of the most successful and notorious rock bands of all time: Guns N? Roses. Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler formed a band that would change the history of rock 'n? roll.

They produced one of the greatest debut albums of all time and went on to play to countless millions. Always uncompromising, Guns N? Roses are an essential band in the musical lexicon.

Award-winning director Jon Brewer (B.B. King: The Life Of Riley and Nat King Cole: Afraid Of The Dark) tells the story of ?The Most Dangerous Band In The World? and how they came from playing bars on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles to stadiums across the world. The explosive rise of one of the most notorious bands of our times ? it's a story of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll in excess. The film has been painstakingly compiled from a host of exclusive, never-before-heard interviews, and the early footage of Guns fan and friend Marc Canter.

It is testament to the legacy of this band that the past few years have been dominated with rumours of a reunion of the original members - which is now set to take place in 2016 at Coachella festival ? with more dates rumoured. This raw, insightful and compelling documentary tells the story of how it all began and what really happened behind the scenes. The film features exclusive interviews with the likes of Steven Adler ? drummer, Guns N? Roses; Marc Canter ? childhood friend of Slash from Guns N? Roses; Vicky Hamilton ? former manager of Guns N? Roses; Saul Hudson (aka Slash) ? lead guitarist of Guns N? Roses; Mario Maglieri ? owner of The Rainbow and Whiskey A Go Go; Michael Monroe ? lead singer of Hanoi Rocks; Matt Sorum ? drummer of Guns N? Roses; Tom Zutaut ? A&R Executive who discovered and signed Guns N? Roses. It also features exclusive live footage from Marc Canter? the man who documented the early days of Guns N? Roses.

Guns N? Roses are one of the most successful rock bands of all time, with their debut album Appetite for Destruction selling over 30 million copies worldwide and spawning some of the most famous rock songs ever written, like Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O? Mine and Paradise City. Since that release in 1987, the original line-up of Guns N? Roses have gone to sell over 80 million records worldwide, releasing G N? R Lies 1988, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II in 1991, and The Spaghetti Incident? in 1993.

Director Jon Brewer is quickly becoming one of the most sought-after filmmakers of the past decade; he has a way of telling the stories of icons which has captured audiences worldwide. His previous work has included documentaries on Jimi Hendrix, B.B. King and Nat King Cole.

This film was commissioned for BBC Four by Jan Younghusband, Head of Commissioning, Music TV.

The Most Dangerous Band In the World: The Story of Guns N? Roses is set for a premiere on BBC Four at 10pm on Friday 5 February 2016.

http://newsonnews.com/story/200116-2124

Nothing New

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 07:13:08 AM »

Nothing New

Maybe not for those who have actively followed this band for many years. But for those who have just found it or will find it in the near future, this certainly is interesting. I just hope that the documentary is done right.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 07:21:03 AM »

Nothing New

Maybe not for those who have actively followed this band for many years. But for those who have just found it or will find it in the near future, this certainly is interesting. I just hope that the documentary is done right.

True

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »

Marc Canter files!!! Thats perfect!!!

I want to see that.

axlvai
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 11:22:17 AM »

It would have been better if they waited a little and incorporated the reunion + some new footage.

Hell has frozen over.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 11:24:32 AM »

It would have been better if they waited a little and incorporated the reunion + some new footage.
I don't think so, now it's the best time. the reunion might be a flop when it actually hits the stages.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 11:25:44 AM »

Marc Canter has not posted much last few weeks on mygnr.
Wonder if he was in contact with Axl somehow... and knew this was coming and just kept quiet about it, to try to get back in Axl's good graces. Or maybe Slash talked to him.

As far as this doc goes... I cringe anytime that Vicky Hamilton says anything about GNR.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 01:38:02 PM »

I don't think the folks at BBC had a clue about what was going to happen with the band when they started the project. Nobody had.

BEEP.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 01:41:30 PM »

I don't think the folks at BBC had a clue about what was going to happen with the band when they started the project. Nobody had.

I wonder when the Slash interview parts took place...

Sweetness is a virtue
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 11:45:02 PM »

They probably have never before seen footage from Donington (I doubt they're going to gloss over the deaths) or Wembley, and probably get into their first shows in England which put them on the map there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: