Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:26:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Band stability after CD's release?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Band stability after CD's release?  (Read 7534 times)
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

I've been around for a long, long year

« on: May 08, 2007, 12:25:22 PM »

When/If the album is finally released, do you think the band members will scatter like a dropped jar of marbles? Do you think that's something that's on Axl's mind?

(Fast) food for (passive) thought.

Huh??   I'd be straight with you but games are just so much fun to play.?   Huh??
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 12:26:41 PM »

Why in the world would they do that man?  Huh
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 12:29:45 PM »

I doubt they would do that.  Those guys have invested a hell of a lot of time in the band.  Axl has encouraged them to pursue solo ventures and encouraged them to tour with other bands or on their own when there was down time in the recording process.  And after CD comes out they're going to get to play THEIR stuff on tour a lot more often than 4-6 songs a show.  After CD comes out they really get to show off their own tunes more, I don't see why they would leave that behind.  That, and they can all make a lot more money touring with Guns than they can anywhere else.  You do a couple of GnR world tours and you're set for life if you're careful with your money
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 12:33:15 PM »

I hear what you're saying. But, there is that whole 'if' and 'when' attached to it.

I keep thinking that, as a musician, I'd want to be out there playing as much as I could, releasing as much music as I could and not having to keep my cards to close to my chest regarding projects. With such an agonizing battle in getting this album out the door, you have to wonder whether the guys are willing to do it all over again. I obviously don't know anything about the situation, so I'm not trying to sound like 'this is how it is', but I always think about the guys and what they must be envisioning for their futures.

Huh??   I'd be straight with you but games are just so much fun to play.?   Huh??
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 12:52:46 PM »

There is really no sense in speculating about what happens after the release of CD.

There is already more than enough speculation when (and if at all) CD will be released.
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 01:01:51 PM »

You're right, Thor. Let's talk about Tommy's hand instead.

Mysteron, can you confirm that Tommy's hand is back to normal size?

*waits with baited breath*

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 01:31:03 PM »

You're right, Thor. Let's talk about Tommy's hand instead.

Mysteron, can you confirm that Tommy's hand is back to normal size?

*waits with baited breath*

Sorry, but if you ask a stupid question, you gotta expect a stupid response. Some of these guys have been working this album as much as 10 years - why, after all that effort, would they then leave. Would they not relish the opportunity of finally getting to play those songs, the money, fame, whatever else? Now if, even after the album is released, Axl decides to go back to playing AFD again, then there may be a problem. But that won't happen.

The only question is whether or not they decide to go back to recording after a tour. Well if they are songs they've been working on for that long, why would they?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 01:34:23 PM »

Why do you assume they've only worked on material for one album?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 01:40:06 PM »

/jarmo

There's certainly enough material here for 2!  hihi

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 02:14:03 PM »

Look, you can think it's a stupid notion if you'd like. However, consider this for just a moment: For you guys, playing in GN'R would be a dream come true, right? These guys have done that. For a few years, now. They could ALL play with ANYONE. They are THAT good and have their individual reputations keeping them bouyant. Once the album(s) is(are) out there and everyone can hear what they've done for the past 10 years, they'll still receive accolade for their work. But, will they want to continue on with GN'R? What would really keep the band members together and involved in such an odd organization as this if they were no longer waiting patiently to finally release the fruits of their labours?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 02:15:12 PM »

But why do you think releasing just one album is what they're in GN'R for?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »

Look, you can think it's a stupid notion if you'd like. However, consider this for just a moment: For you guys, playing in GN'R would be a dream come true, right? These guys have done that. For a few years, now. They could ALL play with ANYONE. They are THAT good and have their individual reputations keeping them bouyant. Once the album(s) is(are) out there and everyone can hear what they've done for the past 10 years, they'll still receive accolade for their work. But, will they want to continue on with GN'R? What would really keep the band members together and involved in such an odd organization as this if they were no longer waiting patiently to finally release the fruits of their labours?

Why shouldn`t they want to continue after the fuckin album is is finally out after all these years? That would be completely stupid. And besides a band is not a soccer team, where the players are simply snapped away from other teams. And also they can do pretty much they want when they are not having work to do for GnR....
rmp472
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 02:37:26 PM »

I think the point was whether or not they would stick around if they thought they wouldn't get to write and release another record for another 13 years, but seriously, who would ever take 13 years or more to release an album, that would never happen.
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 02:40:08 PM »

But why do you think releasing just one album is what they're in GN'R for?

I'm not saying that they are. The bottom line is, I wonder how much loyalty will exist once the record finally drops. No band anywhere has ever had such a intriguing, strange, unexplainable barrier to releasing a bloody record as has Guns N' Roses. The band has been loyal up until now, for the most part, and I truly don't think that money is all that is keeping the guys on board. But, part of me thinks that once the project has seen the light of day, they'll all shake hands and go their separate ways. There. I said it.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 02:46:37 PM »

But, will they want to continue on with GN'R?

You mean there won't be GNR after that?

What would really keep the band members together and involved in such an odd organization as this if they were no longer waiting patiently to finally release the fruits of their labours?

the music and the chemistry would, same as before.  yes

"These are my people, I have a fucking great time with them"----Tommy
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 02:52:37 PM »

Even if they pre-recorded a bunch of music back in the day for multiple albums releases, most of that would end up getting scrapped because bands always grow so much more musically as a band and unit after having been on the road and touring together. GNR today would release a much different album than they would have recorded 2-3 years ago from just having been out on the road together. If they actually do a big world tour after they release the album, the same would hold true for how much better a record they could write having played 150+ live dates over the next 2 or so years than they would even right now.

This whole business the last 5 years about recording all of these albums worth of material cheats the creative process, because they will grow more as a unit having been on the road together than they ever would have sitting in a studio trying to record their first album.
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 02:53:22 PM »

I hope so, please don't get me wrong. I sure don't want to see this band disband. It's interesting to see how strongly you all feel about it. Cheers.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »

When/If the album is finally released, do you think the band members will scatter like a dropped jar of marbles? Do you think that's something that's on Axl's mind?

(Fast) food for (passive) thought.

I can't think of a reason in the world why that would happen.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 03:16:12 PM »

/jarmo

well, my thread asking that just got deleted...
did they finish recording all of the 32 songs or just the 13 for the CD?!
the Del article left that unclear

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 03:27:22 PM »

they are apparantly still in mixing stage, cause otherwise we'd be notified right?

Now the question indeed is whether they are mixing mupltiple discs or just one.  Or are they mixing all those songs, 32 Axl mentioned somewhere in an interview. Or are they still discussing which songs make the cut on Chinese Democracy? That takes time too? Ron did record new parts right? As did Frank? I think it would take quite some time to decide what fits, what part makes a song better and what does not. Other then that all the legal crap going on, what to do with that? The artwork for Chinese Democracy. All these things takes time, and for all to be in the right place? I think we are in for a very long wait still to come.  Sad

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: