Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:58:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Band stability after CD's release?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Band stability after CD's release?  (Read 7534 times)
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 03:53:08 PM »

these guys get to do their side projects anyway, so why would they want to leave? If it takes axl another 10-15 years to release the next cd, then they can have plenty of time in between recording and writing for the gnr album to do basically everything most musicians couls ever dream to do.
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 03:54:59 PM »

But, will they want to continue on with GN'R?

You mean there won't be GNR after that?

thats where Super Adler saves the day with reunion talks.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 03:56:02 PM »

after CD's release i think the band will be even tighter and feel a special bond and shit more then before you know,

as for mixing now i think that after all this time and they are still mixing maybe they are mixing the upcoming records too so that wont take as long time later if they are planing on releasing a record per year or something you know..

anyway, the future will be great and kick our asses so much
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 04:15:16 PM »

after CD's release i think the band will be even tighter and feel a special bond and shit more then before you know,

as for mixing now i think that after all this time and they are still mixing maybe they are mixing the upcoming records too so that wont take as long time later if they are planing on releasing a record per year or something you know..

I agree 100% with this. I can't see why these guys wouldn't be 1 tight unit after everything they've gone through together.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 04:20:57 PM »

I agree 100% with this. I can't see why these guys wouldn't be 1 tight unit after everything they've gone through together.

you mean, like the original band was tighter after releasing AFD?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 04:28:11 PM »

When/If the album is finally released, do you think the band members will scatter like a dropped jar of marbles? Do you think that's something that's on Axl's mind?

(Fast) food for (passive) thought.

No. But they will if it doesnt come soon.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 04:35:07 PM »

You mean releasing AFD was like releasing CD? Shocked

I second cheap Jon's 1st and last lines.

they are apparantly still in mixing stage, cause otherwise we'd be notified right?

mixing is done and now we're in mastering stage? 
we'll be notified in regard to the release date.

thats where Super Adler saves the day with reunion talks.

2 drummers are enough.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 09:16:19 PM »

There is no reason why the stability of the band will be worse after the release than it has been for the past 10 years.
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 09:32:04 PM »

This is crazy no way would the band scatter after the cd came out. They all put so much time in to this and all want it to work in to something great again. Like one of you said, they do solo things when they have free time.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
itsrob
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 11:08:57 PM »

I remember reading an interview with Dizzy quite a few years back.  He was saying then that Axl had enough songs started, that if he finished them all he could put out about 4 more albums.  Hope it's true!
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 11:32:34 PM »

I remember reading an interview with Dizzy quite a few years back.  He was saying then that Axl had enough songs started, that if he finished them all he could put out about 4 more albums.  Hope it's true!
then plan is 3 cds in 3 years.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 04:50:13 AM »

it's funny...

i was just thinking about creat a thread like this.... but a short different....

my question is..... what will happen to GN'R before ChD release?Huh How many years will pass until the next album?Huh

and if ChD won't include any of the known musics leaked... or if it doesn't even call ChD?Huh

Huh

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2007, 06:57:46 AM »

well I dont know for sure, but it's natural to assume CD will be out this year.

and as to follow up, we dont know.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
xCRASHxDiiETx
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2007, 08:31:37 AM »

NO, in my opinion it seems like theyll prolly be closer then ever
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2007, 09:06:31 AM »

Nope. I try to compare the current lineup to the AFD lineup as little as possible.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2007, 09:54:58 AM »

the initial rumour was that they were working on 3 albums, but however even if they only have the work for one album if it is the big success we all think it will be then they will have no reason to leave and on top of that they have no other reasons (as far as we know) to leave either so i would suspect we will get more music from them after cd

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2007, 09:59:25 AM »

The Beatles were not together as a band very long........and yet the music they left us with!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2007, 03:09:33 PM »

Maybe the question should be "What will happen to the band members after all the material CURRENTLY PLANNED FOR RELEASE is out?" But then we'd be getting into pure crystal ball territory if there really is 4 albums worth.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2007, 06:43:32 AM »

I think after CD is released there is still going to be a fairly substancial wait for the next album regardless of how many songs are currently "ready".

Axl seem to like progress in his albums stylewise and 32 songs recorded at the time of CD ,are going to sound like CD, just like a song from the AFD sessions is likely to sound like AFD rather than the UYI stuff. I can't see Axl sitting back and releasing another album of the same kind of stuff.

So, I would still expect the band to be busy rewriting, re-recording, and generally improving and updating pre-done songs as well as doing new songs.

As for whether it is the same members, I think 99% of the people on this board are not qualified to comment on the true relationships between the band members, however, my opinion would be that we would see the same members except for say, 1 change for every year or year and a half of a gap between the albums. So if the gap is three years between CD and CD2 (or whatever is next) I would expect a couple of changes due to natural attrition more than anything else. Seems like a reasonable assumption.

Of course hopefully we wlll be looking at a 12 to 18 month gap rather than a gap of a few years!

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2007, 09:53:09 AM »

As for whether it is the same members, I think 99% of the people on this board are not qualified to comment on the true relationships between the band members, however, my opinion would be that we would see the same members except for say, 1 change for every year or year and a half of a gap between the albums. So if the gap is three years between CD and CD2 (or whatever is next) I would expect a couple of changes due to natural attrition more than anything else. Seems like a reasonable assumption.

Of course hopefully we wlll be looking at a 12 to 18 month gap rather than a gap of a few years!

This here is a true fan people ^

Won't let trivial stuff like years of waiting and never ending replacements ruin things. hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: