Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1577262 times)
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #940 on: January 06, 2013, 08:58:10 PM »

I gave you guys some details on the songs, be grateful or don't

No, you didn't. Your name is Andre Correia and you've been lying on various Guns N' Roses message boards for many many years. You've been caught in lie after lie. Most of the lies involved you claiming to have unreleased Guns N' Roses songs. You usually eventually confess that you were lying once enough people have outed you. Why you continue with the same tired antics and why this site allows you to do so is beyond me.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #941 on: January 06, 2013, 09:05:31 PM »

Back on topic. Will be interesting to see if Axl sticks with CD sessions disc 2 or starts from scratch with this lineup or has DJ re record Robin parts etc etc.

Personally, I hope the CD sessions doesn't get buried in any way. By that I mean not released.

Makes me wonder though how they wanna approach it. If GN'R owes just one more album to the label, which sort of material do they want on that release? I mean, if they plan on switching labels or going independent after that release, that will probably cause some changes to promotion budget as well as strategies.

This is purely hypothetical, but lets say they plan on leaving Geffen/Universal after the next album. Who's material, the Bucket/Brain/Finck songs or the current bands newly written stuff, would they want Geffen to handle?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #942 on: January 06, 2013, 09:15:30 PM »

Sad thing is the clever money should be put on this thread still going in 2 years time and GNR still doing the "Chinese Democracy" tour.

What I'd LIKE to see if the dysfunction in this band could be magically cured.

- At a point where Axl's voice really is in top form, run into the studio and in 1-2 days tops knock out a semi acoustic low production EP style album. I think a lot of GNR's PR issues are that the band doesn't feel like a real band and many people relate GNR to a slightly overblown production, costume changes, hissy fits etc etc etc. I think a simple raw no BS album with great songs (similar to lies meets U2's angel of harlem) would be amazing. It would also showcase just how fantastic the band is and Axl's voice as his voice on many songs seems a little produced and hard to truly experience with so many overdubs etc. Pick the songs that suit this format the best and just do it.

- They SHOULD have at least one album worth of killer stuff left over from the CD sessions. How it isn't yet released boggles the mind and I just can't see why this band always seems to encounter issues/excuses why they can't/won't release music (which I thought was the point in having a band no??). So I'd like to see them just release the best of CD sessions. If need be spend a week or 2 locked away to re-record parts with new guys (always happy to see Robins lead fuck off personally). So release the EP. Gain some street cred again release the CD sessions.

- By this time any functional band of talented musicians with a producer on the road with them should have an album worth of new material ready to go. Release it.
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #943 on: January 06, 2013, 09:41:16 PM »

Carmie -

The Chinese Democracy tour ended years ago. The tour hasn't used that moniker in a very long time.

In my opinion, releasing an EP would be a very poor business choice. The best thing for GNR is to wait a few years and then return with a new record. An EP will simply confuse the marketplace and harm the buzz a new album would receive if it was the first new music from the band in 7 or 8 years.

Even if there is a new album ready to go, it would probably be wise to wrap up the current touring, take a long break, and then return with the new album. Releasing it now, at the end of a touring cycle, would not be wise.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #944 on: January 06, 2013, 09:50:45 PM »

Bicycle.

My Bad if that's the case (I don't actively follow the band these days unless they either tour locally or release music. I've got too much on my plate in my life to do otherwise.....so I should fact check a little before assuming)

I'm not sure "wait a few years" is the best option. The fanbase dwindles each day and they surely have enough material by now. Most of the guys in the band have been in the band for many years now and 4 years since CD. They surely MUST have enough new songs/CD leftovers to make a great EP. It may be better to release CD session leftover album and THEN an EP to tide the fans over and build fans before a new album.

bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #945 on: January 06, 2013, 10:12:57 PM »

Carmie -

No problem. I know there is often a lot of confusion. Promoters billed GNR's comeback tour in 2002 as the "Chinese Democracy World Tour," so by the time Chinese Democracy actually came out, there had already been a tour with that name. Most of the touring in support of the Chinese Democracy album has not been billed as the Chinese Democracy tour, while previous tours before the album was released did use that branding.

I don't think the numbers support your premise that GNR's fanbase dwindles every day. If anything, it seems that GNR has slowly rebuilt a following as word has spread that the band is back and that the new lineup kicks ass. The press was very unkind to GNR for a very long time, but since DJ joined the band, things have gotten a LOT better in terms of PR.

It's not question of whether there is enough material for an EP or an LP, it's a question of timing, marketing, legalities, and various other issues.

GNR is a legacy brand and to build optimum buzz and coverage, it's ideal to have a long break between releases. Generally the public will always prefer the "classic albums" of any band with a long history, so it's important to make each new release seem like the grandest event possible. "The first new music from Axl Rose in 7 years!" is going to get a lot more attention from the public and media than the first new music in four years.

Whatever the band's plan is, it's probably in their best interest to stay tight lipped until the arrival of a new album is near. With some dates in Australia already announced for 2013, it appears the band isn't quite done with the Chinese Democracy touring cycle (not to be confused with the "Chinese Democracy World Tour" from 2002). If/when the band wraps up their touring, I'm sure they would enjoy a long break and maybe after they will return with a new record.

I know as fans we would love if they release a few songs in between, but from a business perspective, it doesn't make sense. The next GNR song the public hears should be the new single from the next album, whenever that is. A year from now, five years from now, whatever it is, that's the next thing we should hear if the band wants optimum attention from the media, radio, etc.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #946 on: January 07, 2013, 01:32:49 AM »

The next GNR song the public hears should be the new single from the next album, whenever that is. A year from now, five years from now, whatever it is, that's the next thing we should hear if the band wants optimum attention from the media, radio, etc.

BH - that is the most sensible sentence in the entire thread. ok followed by the second.

The first song from the Album should be the first single, with a 15 second commercial that is played globally, with 2 or three slices of the hooks from it, being played and a three second white screen with the logo in the middle.  Leave no doubt, this is Guns n Roses, then just a single section of the song with the most memorial hook being played a day or two before release with the same white screen and logo. Then Launch globally at the same time, no staggered launch like  they did with CD.  smoking
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:34:20 AM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #947 on: January 07, 2013, 01:43:15 AM »

Problem is, whenever it comes out, a new album will be seen as a come back album again. This means extra expectations.
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #948 on: January 07, 2013, 02:00:39 AM »

It may mean extra expectations, but it also means extra attention. Very difficult to get modern radio to give a legacy band a fair shot. The only chance you have typically is the lead single, and even then, once the record releases, radio loses interest.

Launching a record involves many factors that fans aren't privy to and a successful launch requires all the stars to be aligned perfectly.

The band has been doing a great job of laying down a foundation that will allow them to get a more fair shake from the media and the casual audience on the next go around. There is no rush right now to release a follow up to Chinese. The band is doing a good job of taking the show on the road and showing as many people as possible what a kick ass band the current line up is.

It takes time for word to travel and for popular opinion to slowly change. 2012 was a great year for GNR in terms of shaping the perception of the band in a more positive way.

For those of us that have always loved the band and never stopped following them during the dark years, the wait for the next album can be frustrating, but GNR can't survive on just us. GNR needs to win over some of the lapsed audience. GNR needs to make new fans as well.

They didn't hit the road until over a year after the release of the record. Then they took a full year off. They've only done two years of touring since the record came out. It seems like a long time to us, but for a band of their stature, it isn't.

Hopefully they wrap up their tour sometime next year, get some well needed rest, and maybe in a couple of years they'll return with a new album and tour.

But it would be nice if their most dedicated fans stayed positive and appreciated that Axl has managed to keep GNR alive with hopefully many bright things ahead.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #949 on: January 07, 2013, 03:27:24 AM »

The tours not having the moniker "Chinese Democracy tour" doesn't change a damn thing. It's still the Chinese Democracy tour in my opinion.

They're touring to make money for the release/promotion/album costs of a future album, because Universal doesn't trust Axl anymore and won't give him money in advance like they did the other time...

I can't blame them...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
bicycle handgrenade
Headliner

« Reply #950 on: January 07, 2013, 03:59:12 AM »

The tours not having the moniker "Chinese Democracy tour" doesn't change a damn thing. It's still the Chinese Democracy tour in my opinion.

They're touring to make money for the release/promotion/album costs of a future album, because Universal doesn't trust Axl anymore and won't give him money in advance like they did the other time...

I can't blame them...

First of all, you should be banned for all of your lies and until you are, you should be too ashamed to post.

As for the name of the tour, while it's certainly unusual that the name of the album was used for the comeback tour and then not used for the tour in support of the album, a lot of things GNR does are unusual. Who cares what the name of the tour is? The only reason it even gets brought up is because bitter ex-fans like to claim that GNR is in the midst of an 11 year Chinese Democracy tour, which just isn't true.

Also, you have no idea why they're touring. You don't know anything. You don't know what Universal will or will not spend money on. You don't know if or what money is needed for. You don't know anything. You pull this stuff out of your ass and have been caught lying consistently year after year.

UMG has GNR under contract. UMG makes the lion's share of the money from album sales. You have absolutely no understanding of the record industry if you think GNR is on tour right now so they can save up money to pay for the marketing costs of the next album. That is so ludicrous and illogical on so many levels that it absolutely boggles the mind that you're allowed to post here.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #951 on: January 07, 2013, 04:41:48 AM »

I can't blame them...

First of all, you should be banned for all of your lies and until you are, you should be too ashamed to post.

As for the name of the tour, while it's certainly unusual that the name of the album was used for the comeback tour and then not used for the tour in support of the album, a lot of things GNR does are unusual. Who cares what the name of the tour is? The only reason it even gets brought up is because bitter ex-fans like to claim that GNR is in the midst of an 11 year Chinese Democracy tour, which just isn't true.

Also, you have no idea why they're touring. You don't know anything. You don't know what Universal will or will not spend money on. You don't know if or what money is needed for. You don't know anything. You pull this stuff out of your ass and have been caught lying consistently year after year.

UMG has GNR under contract. UMG makes the lion's share of the money from album sales. You have absolutely no understanding of the record industry if you think GNR is on tour right now so they can save up money to pay for the marketing costs of the next album. That is so ludicrous and illogical on so many levels that it absolutely boggles the mind that you're allowed to post here.

Why don't you do me a favor and ban me yourself?! Cause really i would be fine without having to take with your crap...I'm not less of a liar than you are, if you claim i'm a liar...i know who you are and i don't wanna have to deal with you.

Oh and by the way i didn't say it was only for the marketing part of the album. Learn how to read, but before you answer again, ban my posts, put me on ignore or whatever, cause i don't wanna speak with you.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:52:59 AM by Halo69 » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #952 on: January 07, 2013, 06:31:47 AM »

But you are a liar!
You've made up a lot of shit!

Now, you make up shit about me in order to "protect" your bullshit.

It's not my job to validate your stories! It's not my job to protect known bullshit artists!

Your lies and ignorance enough should make you run away from any somewhat intelligent discussion, but here you are going on and on about shit you know nothing about.

You're like a first grader trying to talk to people with high school diplomas here!

People tell you time after time how wrong you are with your "facts" and you still go on "but to me it's....".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #953 on: January 07, 2013, 07:10:29 AM »

But you are a liar!

It's not my job to validate your stories! It's not my job to protect known bullshit artists!

Your lies and ignorance enough should make you run away from any somewhat intelligent discussion, but here you are going on and on about shit you know nothing about.

You're like a first grader trying to talk to people with high school diplomas here!

People tell you time after time how wrong you are with your "facts" and you still go on "but to me it's....".

/jarmo

Ha! Now i know why you're not that smart. Highschool Diploma? LOL obviously you still have a kid's mentality. That explains it all...and that's why you have so many English interpretation problems... Advice: Instead of being on tour with a band, take some classes, it will do you good junior  Wink

I have an University Degree son, and i have a College Degree that i finished in the US on computer science.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #954 on: January 07, 2013, 07:43:13 AM »

You know a person is running out of arguments when he starts telling people about his degrees. LOL

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
gnrfan1797
« Reply #955 on: January 07, 2013, 07:48:53 AM »

But you are a liar!

/jarmo

Ha! Now i know why you're not that smart. Highschool Diploma? LOL obviously you still have a kid's mentality. That explains it all...and that's why you have so many English interpretation problems... Advice: Instead of being on tour with a band, take some classes, it will do you good junior  Wink

I have an University Degree son, and i have a College Degree that i finished in the US on computer science.

I doubt you have any type of degree! You can't even type in proper English. How could you get a degree when English is a requirement?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #956 on: January 07, 2013, 08:03:03 AM »

Unlike you, I don't need to brag with my academic achievements to be able to discuss a topic.

You don't know anything about me, so how can you be so sure you're smarter than the rest of us?

About 10-15 years ago, I learned that often when dealing with a group, you should set the bar lower so everybody can follow.... Hence mentioning first grade and high school as examples. You took the analogy personal, as an insult on your education. Hilarious. Smiley

You come off as a no good brat with a very high opinion of himself. Maybe you should look up the word modesty? It'll be in a dictionary, it's a book with words. I'm sure you have one since you complain about my English all the time. Funny for a person whose grammar is not exactly 100% and who uses terms such as "you have a bad English".

In life, hopefully you'll learn some things as soon as you need to take care of yourself. One of these things you learn is that you won't always be right. It'll happen to you too.
But it would be best for you to accept this fact of like ASAP. You can't always be right and you can't know everything about everything. In your case, you don't know shit about GN'R.

Regarding me being on tour with GN'R, why do you keep bringing it up? Does it bother you?

Traveling you meet a lot of smart people, and then you might meet some idiots.
Or if you decide not to go to the tour buses at the venue in Lisbon, where he's hanging out hoping to meet band members, you might not meet that particular idiot....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #957 on: January 07, 2013, 09:41:34 AM »

Unlike you, I don't need to brag with my academic achievements to be able to discuss a topic.

You don't know anything about me, so how can you be so sure you're smarter than the rest of us?

About 10-15 years ago, I learned that often when dealing with a group, you should set the bar lower so everybody can follow.... Hence mentioning first grade and high school as examples. You took the analogy personal, as an insult on your education. Hilarious. Smiley

You come off as a no good brat with a very high opinion of himself. Maybe you should look up the word modesty? It'll be in a dictionary, it's a book with words. I'm sure you have one since you complain about my English all the time. Funny for a person whose grammar is not exactly 100% and who uses terms such as "you have a bad English".

In life, hopefully you'll learn some things as soon as you need to take care of yourself. One of these things you learn is that you won't always be right. It'll happen to you too.
But it would be best for you to accept this fact of like ASAP. You can't always be right and you can't know everything about everything. In your case, you don't know shit about GN'R.

Regarding me being on tour with GN'R, why do you keep bringing it up? Does it bother you?

Or if you decide not to go to the tour buses at the venue in Lisbon, where he's hanging out hoping to meet band members, you might not meet that particular idiot....

/jarmo

"Traveling you meet a lot of smart people, and then you might meet some idiots.
Or if you decide not to go to the tour buses at the venue in Lisbon, where he's hanging out hoping to meet band members, you might not meet that particular idiot...."

For someone who says i think so highly of myself...you're not so humble yourself, but let me make things clear:

Why would i want to meet you? i went to the buses in Lisbon to meet the band NOT to meet you. You're not important, actually you and The Lebeis are not important. I went there to meet the BAND. Which i have met! There's nothing about you or The Lebeis that i want to meet.

What would i have to learn from someone who doesn't have a job or a life? Who's life is being a beggar and hanger on a band's tour bus, who's life is resumed to a website and following a band?
You certainly don't have anything to teach me. I can teach you some things though:

- Good matters
- Get a job and build a family instead of hanging around with a band doing your teenager fantasy and you super 15 parties.
- I certainly know more about you, than you about me  Grin funny thing is that you know that damn well.
- Get a woman, you really need one to set you straight! you're too juvenile  Roll Eyes

I worked for companies like Apple, Fujitsu, Santander... what could i possibly learn from a kid who's living his super 15 fantasy of traveling with a band? Hey maybe one of these days i'll see you jumping around on MTV LOL that cracked me up hahahaha!   rofl  You should definitely try comedy... i can dig your act  hihi
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:02:41 AM by Halo69 » Logged

wadey
Legend

« Reply #958 on: January 07, 2013, 10:04:09 AM »

/jarmo

Or if you decide not to go to the tour buses at the venue in Lisbon, where he's hanging out hoping to meet band members, you might not meet that particular idiot...."

For someone who says i think so highly of myself...you're not so humble yourself, but let me make things clear:

Why would i want to meet you? i went to the buses in Lisbon to meet the band NOT to meet you. You're not important, actually you and The Lebeis are not important. I went there to meet the BAND. Which i have met! There's nothing about you or The Lebeis that i want to meet.

What would i have to learn from someone who doesn't have a job or a life? Who's life is being a beggar and hanger on a band's tour bus, who's life is resumed to a website and following a band?
You certainly don't have anything to teach me. I can teach you some things though:

- Good matters
- Get a job and build a family instead of hanging around with a band doing your teenager fantasy and you super 15 parties.
- I certainly know more about you, than you about me  Grin funny thing is that you know that damn well.
- Get a woman, you really need one to set you straight! you're too juvenile  Roll Eyes

I worked for companies like Apple, Fujitsu, Santander... what could i possibly learn from a kid who's living his super 15 fantasy of traveling with a band? LOL that cracked me up hahahaha!   rofl  You should definitely try comedy... i can dig your act  :

why get so personal and twisted? and Jarmo is in a relationship not that its any of your concern

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #959 on: January 07, 2013, 10:12:32 AM »

/jarmo

- Good matters

I worked for companies like Apple, Fujitsu, Santander... what could i possibly learn from a kid who's living his super 15 fantasy of traveling with a band? LOL that cracked me up hahahaha!   rofl  You should definitely try comedy... i can dig your act  :

why get so personal and twisted? and Jarmo is in a relationship not that its any of your concern

He's getting personal! I have shut up already and continue with the thread's topic...

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: