Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:21:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GH album.. recorded by the New Band? - not fact -
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GH album.. recorded by the New Band? - not fact -  (Read 15445 times)
V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« on: February 26, 2004, 11:09:35 AM »

Could it be..

The GH album is a compilation of GNR's Greatest Hits recorded by the NEW band???

- Not Fact -

Just wondering.

The cover made me think that. Only by looking at the cover.

Let's see if i'm right.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 11:11:16 AM by V » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 11:14:54 AM »

No

And why would looking at the cover, which distinctly displays the classic logo, lead you to think this?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 11:21:53 AM »

If this were to be true, maybe it's another part of Axl's "master plan".

He would then try to make people believe that it was his current band that wrote and played the old hits in an attempt to further distance himself from the old guys hihi

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
kockstar99
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 11:37:59 AM »

hmmmmm maybe...anyone remember this quote?

"When I walked into the studio, they were rehearsing the old songs to record for a greatest hits package."
says Youth. "They were gonna do them exactly the same way. So my first project was to sort of dissuade Axl from doing that"

Spin Magazine, July 1999
anythinggoes
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 11:51:11 AM »

YAWN i doubt it to many legal issues to make it worthwile
Death Cube K
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

I dont think that guy's discoveries are right.

Axl wanted to get the guys into GNR so they could get a "GNR" feel when they started to work on the new album, and so they recorded AFD, since they had to learn them anyway.

So that's what he saw and heard.

Too many people, too many opinions and too many rumours.
lastroots
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 12:03:04 PM »

No way. We already discussed this.

But another theory on GH and CD.

Axl said last year he was confident that Chinese Democracy would come in Fall 2003. Late in the year, Tommy confirmed that. And a few days later GH got announced for November 25th. Then we heard that CD would not be out until 2004. Now we have rumours and signs indicating that ChinDem might be out in May/June. And Greatest Hits now definately comes out in just a few weeks.

Could it be this was planned, if not by Axl then by Universal/Geffen?
To release GH a few months prior to CD?

I think this could be realistic, but I don't know for sure.

Just assuming from what was going on.

/lastroots
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 12:10:11 PM »

not a chance...
legally and ethically, the record company would promote it as a re-recorded "best of" package or something like that.
Through numerous press reports, it's their greatest hits.
Nothing new.
Besides, I can see the band re-recording appetite and some of the fan favorites, but I can't see them doing live and let die, sympathy for the devil, ain't it fun etc....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 01:13:49 PM »

no
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 01:32:46 PM »

That would rock though!

But its not going to happen

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 01:42:21 PM »

in the TV spot we saw
the music is the old stuff.

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »

A very plausible idea, but I really, really doubt the new band would re-record 'Ain't It Fun", 'Since I Don't Have You', or 'Sympathy for the Devil'. Besides, it's a fact that the band is against this release, so I doubt they'd record these songs and then not want to release them. I wish you were right, though...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
BucketRose
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2004, 07:47:53 PM »

Hmmm......yep, thats probably the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.

Why would Axl want the new band to re-record the GHs?  Is there any conceivable way that a new member could pull off Slash's solos...with all the vibe and feeling of Slash? Hell fucking no....the intensity and groove of the songs would be cut in half.

And what about all the "Big Gun" claims of Axl....wouldn't it show that he hasn't come up with very exciting material...if the only thing he can devote his studio time to is re-recording the music that he made with the REAL GnR?  If Axl actually re-recorded the GHs to have them released....it would prove that his "new" songs amount to a kettle of shit.

I hope to hear something official soon...because these theories are getting weirder and weirder all the time.
V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 08:38:53 PM »

Hmmm......yep, thats probably the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.

Why would Axl want the new band to re-record the GHs?  Is there any conceivable way that a new member could pull off Slash's solos...with all the vibe and feeling of Slash? Hell fucking no....the intensity and groove of the songs would be cut in half.

And what about all the "Big Gun" claims of Axl....wouldn't it show that he hasn't come up with very exciting material...if the only thing he can devote his studio time to is re-recording the music that he made with the REAL GnR?  If Axl actually re-recorded the GHs to have them released....it would prove that his "new" songs amount to a kettle of shit.

I hope to hear something official soon...because these theories are getting weirder and weirder all the time.

I'm sorry. When I heard the November Rain solo from the Idaho show, i was more than happy with the new band. I honestly feel it's *better* than the old band. Yes: *better*. I don't know who does Slash's solo (finck or buckethead?) but they are incredible. And the ending is as dramatic, or *more* dramatic than before. In fact, the drums is waaaaaaay better than Matt's, the guitar solos are better.. even Axl's voice is better than *some* past stuff, like the Tokyo videos... Axl's voice in Idaho 2002 beats the shit out of Axl Rose's 1991 in Tokyo quite often.

Now i'm not really sure: is it true that the band 'officially' said they didn't want GH to come out? (Wouldn't they say it publicly? - maybe not indeed if they are legally forced not to say anything)

So well, what makes me think the record might be newer versions of the songs by the new band is because of the cover of the GH record... it clearly shows and says 'Guns N' Roses' - typical GNR style would be releasing these songs done by the new band - maybe re-arranged or something, or done better.

Also the news says 'Guns and Roses in album release SHOCK'.

I don't really call a GH with songs we already know a release 'SHOCK'...

And why does anyone need a GH anyways? All of their songs are classic except a few, so why bother with a GH? I mean sure some songs are not top notch on UYI, but even then... there are so many gems that one needs to get UYI to find them and i've found many times that some people didn't like some songs on UYI while others couldn't do without them - i myself love 'The Garden' even if some don't like it. I even like 'My World'.

Many just love 'You Could be Mine' - I could do without, it's an OK song. I only like the vocals in it..

And 'Coma'... great because of Axl... Slash almost ruined it.. his solos SUCK in it.. he's destroyed an otherwise incredibly great song - the first time i heard the song i was like 'hey this rules' then Slash's solo comes and i'm like.. 'What the fuck?Huh is he constipated or what?' There's just not much complexity in the guitar solo... it only feels like a standard guitar solo, almost as if Slash was told to do a guitar solo and didn't want to, so he just played random notes.

I'm not against a GH release, nor for it.. i'm only talking about me.. i might buy it because it's a GNR record, but i'm sure gonna be pissed if there is nothing new. I'll buy it for my collection as a piece of GNR history and to read the inside notes. And i'm most certainly gonna be pissed about the record label if there's nothing new in that compilation.

It's not like the DVD's: there were no DVD's before.. the DVD's were already available in VHS format. For some who bought the VHS format, they still are getting screwed because they already payed the royalties and a DVD is only a piece of plastic.. but hey.. that's a complex 'issue' lol.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 08:48:36 PM by V » Logged
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2004, 08:58:29 PM »

Well Axl wouldn't be suing if it was now would he?

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2004, 09:17:13 PM »

V, the band has made no official statement, but I can guarantee you, as can several other people, that the entire band, especially Axl, is very, very much against the release of this GH album.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 09:36:55 PM »

V, the band has made no official statement, but I can guarantee you, as can several other people, that the entire band, especially Axl, is very, very much against the release of this GH album.

How do you know for sure?

You might be right. I guess they can't really say it publicly tough Sad

For the rest, it's just rumors for the moment. But i'd have no doubt believing that they are against the release of the GH if 1) there is no new material 2) the record is the old GNR.

Also, 'sources' is not a fact. 'Sources' say Axl might intervene.. according to news.. but what's that? What are those 'sources'? Anyone writing here?

And for mysteron.. that says the band is against the release.. is he trustworthy?

I've read a bit of his past postings.. and indeed he seems trustworthy but i can't say with confidence, i would need to read a lot more of his past postings to really know if he's the kind to be trusted or not.
kockstar99
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 04:00:10 AM »

How do you know that hes suing?? you say that as if its a fact... you heard it on the internet.... Stop spreading rumors like they are the gosspel
kockstar99
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 04:02:08 AM »

The GH album will showcase Mr. Hudson in his finest love

God i hope not ....his finest isnt half as good as Bucketheads worst.... just listen to the end solo of Nightrain as played by Buckethead.....Slash cant play that....
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 05:41:28 AM »

God i hope not ....his finest isnt half as good as Bucketheads worst.... just listen to the end solo of Nightrain as played by Buckethead.....Slash cant play that....

..because speed is everything and nothing else matters...
If only we could get Michael Romeo, Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen to play in GN'R...

But not to go too far from the topic, I really don't think it'll be the new band performing covers of songs that GN'R has covered. Especially Sympathy for the Devil.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
kockstar99
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2004, 06:15:33 AM »

..because speed is everything and nothing else matters...
If only we could get Michael Romeo, Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen to play in GN'R...

Thats a stupid idea... 3 guitarist is enough and they have speed with buckethead
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2004, 06:35:10 AM »

Great idea Skeba, GNR could have 6 guitarists. Yeah... I could just imagine it live...

Axl: And on my far left Steve Vai
Fan 1:Where's Slash?
Axl: Rant

Axl: And on my near left Yngwie Malmsteen
Fan 2:Where's Slash?
Axl: Rant

Axl: And on my right.... Buckethead.... etc

They'd never get any songs in  hihi

@#$%Muther

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2004, 04:17:55 PM »

How do you know that hes suing?? you say that as if its a fact... you heard it on the internet.... Stop spreading rumors like they are the gosspel

Yes Sir! My rumor spreading days are over...... Thanks for helping me see the light

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2004, 07:54:26 PM »

Why would Axl want the new band to re-record the GHs?  

Loder: You re-recorded "Appetite For Destruction?"

Rose: Yes, I have.

Loder: The whole album?

Rose: Yes.

Loder: Whoa.

Rose: Well, with the exception of two songs, because we replaced those with "You Could Be Mine," and "Patience," and why do that? Well, we had to rehearse them anyway to be able to perform them live again, and there were a lot of recording techniques and certain subtle styles and drum fills and things like that that are kind of '80s signatures that subtly could use a little sprucing up... a little less reverb and a little less double bass and things like that.

Axl Rose - A conversation with Kurt Loder
MTV US November 8th 1999

Does that answer your question?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2004, 12:33:17 PM »

Why would Axl want the new band to re-record the GHs?  

Loder: You re-recorded "Appetite For Destruction?"

Rose: Yes, I have.

Loder: The whole album?

Rose: Yes.

Loder: Whoa.

Rose: Well, with the exception of two songs, because we replaced those with "You Could Be Mine," and "Patience," and why do that? Well, we had to rehearse them anyway to be able to perform them live again, and there were a lot of recording techniques and certain subtle styles and drum fills and things like that that are kind of '80s signatures that subtly could use a little sprucing up... a little less reverb and a little less double bass and things like that.

Axl Rose - A conversation with Kurt Loder
MTV US November 8th 1999

Does that answer your question?

/jarmo

i wonder if we'll ever hear those studio re-recordings...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2004, 06:12:09 PM »

The GH album is a compilation of GNR's Greatest Hits recorded by the NEW band???
No way !! put your feet on the ground !!

//JK
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2004, 06:20:22 PM »

I was actually thinking about this 2, but don't think it'll happen though...

Like peeing clouds!
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: