Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:16:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what do you expect?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what do you expect?  (Read 6547 times)
Skunk
Rocker

« on: March 01, 2004, 05:37:05 AM »

I have no doubt the new GNR will be successful (upon CD's release), but what do you guys expect? I mean, i think Axl is larger than life, and very good at creating publicity, but will they be something new, again? do you think the new band will create a sound distinctive and fresh and energizing enough to build a new audience on top of the old, or do you think it will be more like later day Aerosmith, where they took their old audience into mainstream radio-friendly success?

i don't care either way, i just want the album, but i'm curious what kind of expectations you all have. (late at night, after drinking, i think about GNR waaay too much).
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 07:32:31 AM »

Well after hearing Madagascar i know it will be the greatest album of the last 10 years.

All we need know is for Axl to release it....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 07:40:15 AM »

An explanation from Axl why, (if) CD never was released and (if) the Lisboa concert was cancelled.
Death Cube K
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 08:38:24 AM »

If there's no Chinese Democracy by Lisbon, I dont think there will be any GNR there either.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 09:18:47 AM »

If there's no Chinese Democracy by Lisbon, I dont think there will be any GNR there either.

and there's obviously not gonna be any Chinese Democracy by Lisbon...

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 01:12:48 PM »

If there's no Chinese Democracy shortly after Lisbon, there will be no GN'R. There would be no reason for there to be a GN'R and they would have nothing to show for being an actual band, rather than Axl and his merry men, as Slash put it.

And the people of the world will get pissed off too.

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 01:23:23 PM »

I don't think that CD will be released before Rio, but that doesn't mean that it won't come out afterwords.  Just because it doesn't make sense to us not to release it before Rio doesn't mean it will happen.  I don't think Axl gives a crap when it will be released.  He is probably sitting at home laughing at all of us still waiting for it.  
SlashFan
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 09:56:30 AM »

I don't think that CD will be released before Rio, but that doesn't mean that it won't come out afterwords.  Just because it doesn't make sense to us not to release it before Rio doesn't mean it will happen.  I don't think Axl gives a crap when it will be released.  He is probably sitting at home laughing at all of us still waiting for it.  

That sounds about right ok peace smoking
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2004, 12:01:26 PM »

I expect that on Lisbon the band will have some changes again (maybe even replaced Buckethead) and that they'll play like 3 more new songs.

However, this will be the last thing we hear from our dear friend Axl and those live performences will be fucking great but as he'll say at the end, Chinese democracy had ended and so has GnR...

To go out with a big fucking bang!

I know i shouldn't swear so much :p And i do hope this is not the way it goes, but it seems best for Axl, he'll be a legend!

Like peeing clouds!
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2004, 12:30:05 PM »

An explanation from Axl why, (if) CD never was released and (if) the Lisboa concert was cancelled.

I hear you.  I find it very disturbing that we still haven't had any explanation or news as to why GNR tour canceled, yet, Adler's Appetite (or someone from/associated with them) gave a reason as to why their tour got canceled.

With regards to Buckethead being in or out of GNR....he was the one who suffered internal bleeding and wasn't that the reason why the european leg of tour got canceled?  Maybe he's just not in the best of health to tour so they'll have another guitar player?  Who knows.  I just don't think right now that it's looking good for us GNR fans.  I don't think they'll show in RIO and I hope I am proven wrong......however, 15 months now and no concrete news isn't looking too optimistic.  It sucks because Axl has a lot of talent.  I don't understand why it's so difficult and why it has to take so long.  Oh well Undecided
ktucker450
Rocker

Don't follow my footsteps, i walk into poles

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 11:32:28 PM »

i expect no CD at all to be quite honest, it's too late Axl already fucked the name in the ass and screwed it to hell.  Guns N' Roses is nothing but a huge joke to the rest of the world.  Axl waited too long for the right moment, and it went right by him. crying
badapple81
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2004, 11:44:41 PM »

My expectation is news, as Mysteron has been saying there will be in the lead up to and/or during Lisbon.

I'll take a chill-pill now and calm down until then.. then if by Lisbon I hear nothing or hear 'soon'.. ill be pissed and maybe just give up (you watch ill still be here each day until 2010)  Undecided
bill213
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2004, 11:51:32 PM »

You youngsters should give up the anxiety and learn to wait patiently like the senior gnr fans have been doing for a decade now.  Making far-fetched rumors and hopes and expectations will only get you nothing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: