Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:30:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WARNING: GN'R Related Virus Email...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WARNING: GN'R Related Virus Email...  (Read 8701 times)
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« on: March 02, 2004, 02:42:53 PM »

I just received an email from an email address of gnr_jk75@hotmail.com which contained a known virus in an attachment called 'regards.zip'. The only text in the email was 'I need you'.

I just wanted to inform people on here that GN'R's name is being taken in vain once again...

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 02:46:53 PM »

my e-mail account has gone mental!! I've received 84 e-mails in the last few hours. WTF.  Not sure if it is connected?

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 02:47:32 PM »

Damn kids... That dude probably thought we are so desperate for answers that we would open any e-mail for answers.  
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »

I don't think the person from who you received that email has send it on purpose.
That virus is sending to everything in your addressbook.
So my guess is, you and him/her had contact earlier, and maybe that's why you're still in his/her addressbook, and that's why it's coming to you now.

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 03:06:34 PM »

I KNOW !!
I KNOW !!
I KNOW !!
I KNOW !!

I FIGURED IT OUT !!!

GUYS, THAT?S THE GNR PLAN!!

SPREAD THIS VIRUS TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS !!!

THERE?S A HIDEN MESSAGE !!

JUST TYPE UNDER THE "I NEED YOU" THIS: "WE?RE HERE!"

YEEEEEEIIIIIIIIII

rofl

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 03:08:06 PM »

I don't think the person from who you received that email has send it on purpose.
So my guess is, you and him/her had contact earlier, and maybe that's why you're still in his/her addressbook, and that's why it's coming to you now.

Yes, I think so too. Lately I've gotten the same kinda emails with zip files with formiliar email addy's. It will make you curious coz you think it is gnr related or from a friend. But it's just a virus, pretty smart

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
lastroots
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 03:20:53 PM »

I recieved two mails from the same adress as stated above. Thank god I usually don't open mails with attachement if I don't know the sender.

/lastroots
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 03:47:12 PM »

I got something the other day from someone it was like "izzy_fan@hotmail.com" something like that and it had an attachment, and the message just said something like "Have fun". Suffice to say I didn't open it.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2004, 04:25:21 PM »

I got one of those virus emails from admin@heretodaygonetohell.com - Jarmo must hate me Cry

How come these viruses get sent out through innocent email addresses - some people have recieved them from me - but i haven't got a virus, or been sent one........how does it work?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2004, 05:00:33 PM »

How come these viruses get sent out through innocent email addresses - some people have recieved them from me - but i haven't got a virus, or been sent one........how does it work?

The emails are not actually sent through your email server.  Many viruses have the ability to act as there own server on infected computers.  The "sent from" addresses are usually just harvested from local address books.

...My response really isn't GNR related, but what the hell.

-F
Crowebar
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 05:07:04 PM »

Quick!!!

Somebody create a puking virus and e-mail it to all of the above e-mail adresses!!!

[puke]
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2004, 05:11:51 PM »

dont you get it?!? SKYNET is the virus!!.....  nervous ........ imean, Chinese Democracy IS the virus!!!

i also have gotten like 5 emails today... i usualy only get emails if i order something online... it all has the same basic message "open this attachment"
but no GNR releated :p

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2004, 05:35:00 PM »

I got one of those virus emails from admin@heretodaygonetohell.com - Jarmo must hate me Cry

The virus takes e-mail addresses from the infected computer's address book and sends itself to them. It also puts an address in the From: field. That's why it seemed like I sent you that e-mail when in fact I didn't.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2004, 05:54:01 PM »

Shit !! That used to be my e-mail !!!!
I haven?t use it in 5 months or more... I am registered in this board with that e-mail, but I don't send any message from that e-mail in all this time...

I just entered Hotmail and recover that e-mail, but I don't even have a contact list in that account... I feel sorry, but I don't send that e-mail !!!

//JK
SlashFan
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2004, 06:45:31 PM »

Yes, I think so too. Lately I've gotten the same kinda emails with zip files with formiliar email addy's. It will make you curious coz you think it is gnr related or from a friend. But it's just a virus, pretty smart

I got that email,good thing hotmail blocked it
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2004, 07:07:24 PM »

Yup, SOMEONE in the GnR "community" has the virus.  Looks like it's hitting LOTS of htgth posters, so I'm going to suggest that everyone run a virus scan on your PC.  That should nip things in the bud....so, if you're reading this message, even if you think you're NOT infected....do everyone a favor and take the 10 minutes it takes to run a scan.

And if you don't have anti-virus software running....well, shame on you! Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: