Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:25:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  how long will the band tolerate the "wait"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how long will the band tolerate the "wait"  (Read 9607 times)
Fox In A Top Hat
« on: March 03, 2004, 02:34:29 PM »

how long do u think it will be b4 bandmembers think "fuck it" im leavin this project and quit GNR? Dizzy reed i dont think will ever quit and theres already rumors bucket has pulled a fast one.
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 02:39:50 PM »

They will stay on for a while and why not?  They can do their own solo projects and still are members of GNR.  I'm sure their collecting a ton of dough for being a member.  Plus it helps their career as well being a member of Guns and Roses.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 02:47:22 PM »

They will stay on for a while and why not?  They can do their own solo projects and still are members of GNR.  I'm sure their collecting a ton of dough for being a member.  Plus it helps their career as well being a member of Guns and Roses.

I might be wrong but didn't Robin left at some point, saying in itws that he couldn't stand working on a bunch of instrumentals any longer ?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 04:41:48 PM »

I might be wrong but didn't Robin left at some point, saying in itws that he couldn't stand working on a bunch of instrumentals any longer ?

And Josh Freese left, because 'the album was finished', but Axl didn't release it.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 05:44:41 PM »

They will wait for as long as they are being paid.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Crowebar
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 06:16:09 PM »

I agree with Izzy.

The only thing I'd like to add is, as long as Axl tells them to wait!!! hihi rofl
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 06:23:45 PM »

At the moment id say its pretty sweet for them - their CD stuff is done and they can do  their own solo shows/albums and still get paid/press for being in Gn'R.  Mabye when some serious touring comes around members may leave after say one heavy tour - i dunno.

Riot In Everyone!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 06:45:47 PM »

how long do u think it will be b4 bandmembers think "fuck it" im leavin this project and quit GNR
You have to understand they know whats going on. They might say they have nl clue or they might mention timeframes but they know whats going on. They know that they werent going to release the albums back in 2000/2001. They know why the tour got cancelled. They know eerything and they know the shrt and longterm plans. When they are taken out of the lopp then there will be problems within the band, but there hasnt been anything liek that. They are all in the "know"

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 06:52:33 PM »

Right.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 07:07:24 PM »

till they get their pink slips

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004, 07:38:29 PM »

i was gonna say the exact same thing, until they stop getting the checks they will be at axl's beckon call, axl is financing their solo efforts and helping them live comfortably

why would u quit a cushion job like that

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 08:58:47 PM »

someone please show me where it says these guys have been paid and are still getting paid....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2004, 09:23:54 PM »

What the hell else are they gonna do ?

It's not like their solo careers are anything to speak of.   Bucket releases a meaningless album every other month and i'm sure no one is holding their breath waiting for the new Stinson album. NIN aren't doing anything more than axl, so i figure they can wait as long it takes with the prospects they have.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2004, 09:30:50 PM »

someone please show me where it says these guys have been paid and are still getting paid....

Someone please tell me where it says these guys are "in the know"...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2004, 11:14:12 PM »

So long as they are getting some of GNR's fanbase out to their shows and buying their CD's, I don't see how it wouldn't be worth it to be associated with the name, even if it is in the loosest sense.  If the band is done with the CD, I doubt they're concerned at this point how long this fiasco is dragged out.  As for these purported contracts, I'd suspect we'd see a mass exodus and numerous interviews in the days and weeks after they expire if the CD isn't released by then.
Cheers
Joe
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2004, 11:14:56 PM »

They are in the band, therefore they know a shitload more than you, me or anyone else. When Dizzy says cd will be coming out in "x" and it doesnt that can mean a few things. It was supposed to but shit happened, it never was he just said that to kill time, or he has no clue in terms of when it will be released.

Contracts and them knowing things are completely different things. Maybe they once got paid but now arent, maybe they never got paidfor being in the band, maybe they got paid and are still getting paid. Point is no1 knows. Its all speculation.

They might not know specific release dates or they might not wanna tell anyone becuase they already know the plans and they wanna keep everything asecret. They know everything there is to know about new gnr. they are gnr. They have input in everything.

SlashFan
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2004, 11:17:20 PM »

For a band like GN'R it seems like none of them know anything,except maybe Axl and he ain't talking hihi
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2004, 11:23:41 PM »

They are in the band, therefore they know a shitload more than you, me or anyone else......

.....or he has no clue in terms of when it will be released.

They might not know specific release dates....

......They know everything there is to know about new gnr. they are gnr. They have input in everything.

How many contradictions were you trying to achieve?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2004, 11:46:49 PM »

They are in the band, therefore they know a shitload more than you, me or anyone else......

.....or he has no clue in terms of when it will be released.

They might not know specific release dates....

......They know everything there is to know about new gnr. they are gnr. They have input in everything.

How many contradictions were you trying to achieve?

Hehe, good one Falcon. I was thinking the same thing.
SlashFan
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2004, 12:24:43 AM »

How long will WE wait? peace
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: