Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:46:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Canada eh? - Canadian tour in Jan-Feb 2010
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Canada eh? - Canadian tour in Jan-Feb 2010  (Read 189414 times)
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #700 on: November 13, 2009, 01:37:27 PM »

Congratulations to all the people lucky enough to be able to go to these shows, hope you all have a fantastic time. Smiley

.... and please share some audio or video.... I am not that kind of smart ass who knows how to arrange these things but it's hard to believe the shows will be done without some footage on the net after that....

Have fun...band and fans !  beer

Goin to the first Canadian show (winnipeg). I'm on the floor and my plan is to sneak in my HD digital camcorder and elbow my way to center stage, probably a couple rows back and document as much as possible. Will upload to the winnipeg section in tour dates. Or link to youtube if thats better?

I wish you luck my friend, but if at some point in the evening you hear "Mr. Security Man, right there, that guy."  Please give them your camera.  We don't need the first show to go all St. Louis on us.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #701 on: November 13, 2009, 05:36:42 PM »

anyone here have any numbers on how many tickets have been sold for each show? Especially interested to know how many tickets have been sold for the saskatoon show since that's the one i'm going to.
I don't think any of the shows have sold out yet, but some have sold better than others.  So depending on the show, the quality/quantity of seats differ.  I'd check Ticketmaster to see what's left for Saskatoon.  Just do a random search for best seats available in whatever amount you're looking for and see what comes up.

Pretty much it.  The Regina show is close to being sold out no floors, just back sides for both lower and upper.  Saskatoon on the other hand still has a fair bit more available.  Not to surprising I think as some pics and reviews come back from the asian shows tix will start getting picked up faster.  Saskatoon also tends to do the last min thing where people will buy tickets with a few days before the show ect. 

Saskatoon's arena is also way bigger than Regina's.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
cineater
Legend

« Reply #702 on: November 13, 2009, 06:22:38 PM »

good luck gunner!

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #703 on: November 13, 2009, 10:08:04 PM »

anyone here have any numbers on how many tickets have been sold for each show? Especially interested to know how many tickets have been sold for the saskatoon show since that's the one i'm going to.
I don't think any of the shows have sold out yet, but some have sold better than others.  So depending on the show, the quality/quantity of seats differ.  I'd check Ticketmaster to see what's left for Saskatoon.  Just do a random search for best seats available in whatever amount you're looking for and see what comes up.

Pretty much it.  The Regina show is close to being sold out no floors, just back sides for both lower and upper.  Saskatoon on the other hand still has a fair bit more available.  Not to surprising I think as some pics and reviews come back from the asian shows tix will start getting picked up faster.  Saskatoon also tends to do the last min thing where people will buy tickets with a few days before the show ect. 

It is however if it was just in Saskatoon then tons of people would be going to the Stoon show.  Out of 9 of us going to the Regina show only 2 of us are going to both. 
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #704 on: November 14, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »

It is however if it was just in Saskatoon then tons of people would be going to the Stoon show.  Out of 9 of us going to the Regina show only 2 of us are going to both. 

No offence to the fans in Regina, but it would've made more sense to just do one show in Saskatoon instead of going to both cities. Regina's arena is really small and probably still won't sell out, and Saskatoon's arena is big and will end up being between half and 3/4 full...shoulda just let the diehards from Regina come up to Saskatoon for the show and have a packed house! Again...no offense to the Regina fans...I just think it woulda been better that way.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #705 on: November 14, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »

Better to who? The fans who'll now have GN'R to come to their town instead of having to go somewhere else?

There's always people who "know better".

Maybe GN'R could've played one show in all of Canada! It would probably have sold out in minutes! Packed house! Yay!

And somewhere they never played before to be sure the crowds don't "suck like last time"!

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #706 on: November 14, 2009, 09:36:26 PM »

No offence to the fans in Regina, but it would've made more sense to just do one show in Saskatoon instead of going to both cities. Regina's arena is really small and probably still won't sell out, and Saskatoon's arena is big and will end up being between half and 3/4 full...shoulda just let the diehards from Regina come up to Saskatoon for the show and have a packed house! Again...no offense to the Regina fans...I just think it woulda been better that way.

The Regina show is 90% sold out.  If Stoon gets to 75-80% sold out then playing both places makes sense.  The  majority of the tix not sold in Regina are noise bleed at the back of the Staduim and not good seats.  Maybe GnR wanted to have their fans get good seats. 

With that said it was a shock to see them have a show in both cities as it is rare.  I was thrilled as I am going to both shows. 

I tend to agree with Jarmo on who cares if it is a packed house.  As long as it is 75% full that is good enough.  I think it could get close to sold out though and I think the Regina show will sell out. 
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #707 on: November 14, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »

I agree, I just want to see a successful tour with some big time energy

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #708 on: November 15, 2009, 03:55:46 AM »

Congratulations to all the people lucky enough to be able to go to these shows, hope you all have a fantastic time. Smiley

.... and please share some audio or video.... I am not that kind of smart ass who knows how to arrange these things but it's hard to believe the shows will be done without some footage on the net after that....

Goin to the first Canadian show (winnipeg). I'm on the floor and my plan is to sneak in my HD digital camcorder and elbow my way to center stage, probably a couple rows back and document as much as possible. Will upload to the winnipeg section in tour dates. Or link to youtube if thats better?

I wish you luck my friend, but if at some point in the evening you hear "Mr. Security Man, right there, that guy."  Please give them your camera.  We don't need the first show to go all St. Louis on us.

Cheers,

Andrew

Haha, I can hear the dulcit tones for the bass of Rocket queen ambling along alone already!!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #709 on: November 15, 2009, 09:09:11 AM »

Cheers,

Andrew

rofl rofl rofl
c
On 06 tour, Rio we took our cam and recorded, security allowed us to carry it in, the difference is we wanted the footage for ourselves with no disrespect to GNR, we have never publicized our footage.  I can't remember exactly but I believe it was my hometown show in Everett, Wa we had our daughter put a camera in her bra lol.  We did get in with it, but during the show when my husband was trying to shoot a pic of Axl, and he accomplished that task, but while doing so Axl was looking directly at him, my husband said his eyes locked on him in a way that was extremely scarey, and it was at that point he realized the camera was no longer a good idea.  Just a tidbit of our own experiences.  I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, but we all know the reaction from Axl could be the ending to a show all others have waited years to experience, including yourselves.  There will be plenty of pics publicized from each show, we are honestly better off waiting, but again to each their own.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #710 on: November 15, 2009, 09:30:50 AM »

Cheers,

Andrew

rofl rofl rofl
c
On 06 tour, Rio we took our cam and recorded, security allowed us to carry it in, the difference is we wanted the footage for ourselves with no disrespect to GNR, we have never publicized our footage.  I can't remember exactly but I believe it was my hometown show in Everett, Wa we had our daughter put a camera in her bra lol.  We did get in with it, but during the show when my husband was trying to shoot a pic of Axl, and he accomplished that task, but while doing so Axl was looking directly at him, my husband said his eyes locked on him in a way that was extremely scarey, and it was at that point he realized the camera was no longer a good idea.  Just a tidbit of our own experiences.  I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, but we all know the reaction from Axl could be the ending to a show all others have waited years to experience, including yourselves.  There will be plenty of pics publicized from each show, we are honestly better off waiting, but again to each their own.
In 2006 I didnt take my camera to the show cuz I was afraid that Axl will jump on me or make me kick out of the place, I had GA tickets and I was first row anaginst barrier and I really didnt wanna risk the best night of my life, but in the middle of the show I regreted cuz evrybody and believe when i say EVERYBODY around me had cameras, and Axl seemed cool with it, maybe he was in a good mood that night, so for the next show Im planing to take my camera.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #711 on: November 15, 2009, 09:37:53 AM »

The popularity of mobile (cell) phones have pretty much made the "no camera" policy obsolete.

Many phones have better cameras than what people used to hide and bring into the venues!

But what I don't understand is the obsession with using the flash.

You're standing some rows back on the floor, or in the seated sections, and you take a picture. Fair enough, you want a memory of the show.

But do you really think that flash is gonna light up the whole arena and stage?

You'll probably end up with a picture of a bunch of heads that are well lit thanks to the flash!  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #712 on: November 15, 2009, 09:55:34 AM »

Can always try to bring real camera's.

They know their show will end up on youtube and fansites anyway, -
-so their policy on the illegal taping of the show must be based on those facts, not wishfull thinking.

Hopefully we will see a camera-crew on the tour for some real stuff for fans to relate to. ok

But what I don't understand is the obsession with using the flash.

[snip]

...do you really think that flash is gonna light up the whole arena and stage?

lol hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Mr Patience
Headliner

« Reply #713 on: November 15, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »

Ordered my tickets and booked the hotel today for Halifax!! I've been watching the Ticket Atlantic site everyday just waiting for good tickets to pop up. I'm glad I waited, up until today all I could get was tickets towards the back of the LR bowl (section 19, 16, 12). Today I grabbed 2 in section 23 (row G, seat 5-6)...which are very close to the stage. Heading over early on Thurs with the wife, hope to get out before (and after) the show. Anyone planning any pre/post parties at any local bars???  beer

Halifax N.S. 11/20/06
Saint John N.B. 11/21/06
Halifax N.S. 02/04/10
Las Vegas 05/28/14
Las Vegas 05/30/14
Las Vegas 05/31/14
Toronto 07/16/16
Montreal 08/19/17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #714 on: November 16, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »

Anyone planning any pre/post parties at any local bars???  beer

That question is better asked in the Halifax thread in the tour section.

And if somebody local suggests a place, I'll add it to the first post of the thread.  Smiley

/jarmo

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #715 on: November 17, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »

Regarding the stage layout, I discovered this one labeled "Guns N' Roses" from Credit Union Centre on Ticketmaster, and it doesn't seem to be a generic one.

The previous one was from the Copps Coliseum:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 08:31:18 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #716 on: November 17, 2009, 10:11:30 PM »

Regarding the stage layout, I discovered this one labeled "Guns N' Roses" from Credit Union Centre on Ticketmaster, and it doesn't seem to be a generic one.

I agree... There have been to many of these popping up lately to think otherwise
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #717 on: November 17, 2009, 10:12:19 PM »

Triple guitar solo!  drool
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #718 on: November 18, 2009, 01:03:38 PM »

Supersized? Wink

Wow, those stage plans do look amazing....

/jarmo

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #719 on: November 18, 2009, 04:16:44 PM »

Supersized? Wink

Wow, those stage plans do look amazing....

/jarmo

To please those fat, lazy Americans.

Now if those pods go up in the air and shoot pyro off them, we just might win them back.  Give the simple man his pyro.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: