Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:41:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Last Fight Video
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last Fight Video  (Read 28311 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2007, 05:08:59 PM »

I think the vid fits the song fine, less is more so to speak.  Not a huge fan of the tune so the vid has no significance for me beyond putting an image to the song.

As for vids in general, they have next to zero impact on record sales here in the US anyway.

As for the irony of the piano, it's seems a bit of a reach to even call it ironic when comparing a couple of shots in a vid to actually rolling a grand piano out on stage in the middle of a rock show.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2007, 05:34:37 PM »

Too little too late

This song or video don't have the impact Fall To Pieces had.

I think they should've went straight to "Messages" and re-released the album.

Messages would do better than Last Fight for sure
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2007, 05:39:09 PM »

I quite liked it, the performance shots were good, Scott and the band looked cool singing the song, Scott looked weird at the piano though. Decent enough song/video but I don't expect it will start pulling up trees.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2007, 05:50:37 PM »

Yet another Fall To Pieces kind of bland ballad.

The video is very simple and doesn't stand out at all.

You'd think they'd go for something special considering the album isn't selling. Something that would make people want to see the video even if they didn't like the song.

But that kind of videos cost money..... Maybe RCA isn't interested in spending money on VR at this point.

So the ballads are what's supposed to make VR sell records? The bad add rock n' roll band is relying on ballads?

Yeah, as a guy once said "what's with the piano? I thought I joined a bad ass rock n' roll band". The irony.....

/jarmo

Jesus you know that people can change idea's as a 20 something saying the whole bad ass rock n roll thing i'd expect it , he's like 40 something now im sure he has changed views on a lot. Anyways video was good , the song itself isn't as good as messages but I still like it. The video is simple , but thats what I like about this band they are not trying to change the music scene , they aren't trying to do something drastic and completely different , they don't take 10 years to make a record perfect and unique. They are just a bad ass rock band , something this world is lacking right now. They play their music , and record it as is , its not perfect , its not clean. But since when has rock n roll been about perfection? It's always been about getting a guitar and letting people know your message.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2007, 06:15:32 PM »

Scott looks like a guy who can't play an instrument.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2007, 07:08:35 PM »

As for the irony of the piano, it's seems a bit of a reach to even call it ironic when comparing a couple of shots in a vid to actually rolling a grand piano out on stage in the middle of a rock show.

Oh please.

It's ironic that VR fans are hoping a ballad will "save" their new album from being a complete failure when the drummer made those remarks about the piano not belonging in a bad ass rock n' roll band.

Jesus you know that people can change idea's as a 20 something saying the whole bad ass rock n roll thing i'd expect it , he's like 40 something now im sure he has changed views on a lot.

Matt Sorum was 20-something in 2004?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2007, 07:31:46 PM »

the band doesn't look into it too much in fact, except Fraudy (les griffes de l'ennui, sorry a french bad joke)

the photography is good, i like the look of the guys, minus slash who seems a bit ill, pale, but maybe it is just me.
hope he's doing fine.

the big problem is not video, but the music. and i can understand slash & duff look pretty bored.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
isa
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2007, 07:54:22 PM »

Scott looks like a guy who can't play an instrument.

I don't think he can't play any instrument, in fact I don't think he can even sing
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2007, 08:02:23 PM »

Good song, good enough video.  Nothing earth shattering, but I like it nonetheless.  Much better than SBQM, but then again that's not saying much.  I'm not gonna slam the band because I'm one of the few who actually like both VR and GNR, crazy huh?  I don't understand why most people have to be so adamantly opposed to one or the other, can't we enjoy both peacefully.  Just to note, I do PREFER GNR, I've seen them on both their North American tours but haven't ventured to see VR yet.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2007, 08:29:37 PM »

I love the song.  Video is okay...I truly haven't seen a mind blowing music video from any artist in quite some time.

Yet another Fall To Pieces kind of bland ballad.

The video is very simple and doesn't stand out at all.

You'd think they'd go for something special considering the album isn't selling. Something that would make people want to see the video even if they didn't like the song.

But that kind of videos cost money..... Maybe RCA isn't interested in spending money on VR at this point.

So the ballads are what's supposed to make VR sell records? The bad add rock n' roll band is relying on ballads?

Yeah, as a guy once said "what's with the piano? I thought I joined a bad ass rock n' roll band". The irony.....

/jarmo

Why have an "Ex-Gunners" forum if all you are going to do is shit on anything any of them ever does?
If I do recall...GnR relied heavily on ballads on UYI 1&2.  Don't Cry, November Rain and Estranged come to mind. 

saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2007, 08:35:21 PM »

goddamn it all the VR music videos suck in my opinion.  This shit looks super weak and lame.
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2007, 08:47:31 PM »

As for vids in general, they have next to zero impact on record sales here in the US anyway.

That's incorrect.  Videos help to push the single up the charts which pushes the album's sales up.  It's not as strong a push as before file sharing, but still, they help.

As for the vid, I was pleasantly surprised, it was Fall to Pieces-ish, but a bit more mature with a better tone and overall mood.  And the performance stuff was great.  And I loved Matt's part in front of the wall, and then walking away.

The problem is that most of you have already made up your minds on the quality of the song/record/band before even giving the video a chance, whereas the general public hasn't, that's why there is hope that the single will do well and the record sales will improve.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2007, 10:23:02 PM »

this song is probably the one that will push libertad to the 500k marker in the next 6 months. VH1 will play this video to death just like the fall to pieces video

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2007, 10:32:20 PM »

Libertad is awesome, I love this album, I listen to it everyday

Problem is

It really isnt a SINGLES album

There isn't one song on the album *Messages wasn't included" that really is a universal everyone can relate and get behind kind of song.

FTP struck a chord, Slither struck a chord with the buying public. They were songs everyone could get wrapped around.

Libertad rocks but the songs are just straightforward kick ass rock but nothing that really is HUGE HUGE hit worthy. Last fight is probably one of my least fav songs on the album.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2007, 02:40:12 AM »

I really don't get why everyone is praising FTP?, I hate the song it's a fucking cheesy ballad accompanied by an even worse video....
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2007, 03:02:14 AM »

this song is probably the one that will push libertad to the 500k marker in the next 6 months. VH1 will play this video to death just like the fall to pieces video

I highly doubt that, and as much as I prefer libertad over contraband, this video doesn't touch the one for fall to pieces.  As someone said, Libertad definitely doesn't have the big standout single songs, and the fall to pieces video just caught your attention.  It had scott and his actual wife, how much more genuine can you get than that, ways of representing each band member (matt's antics, duff helping scott, slash looking cool and getting adequate camera time for his solo).  I don't care about sales personally, I think libertad is a great great album, the only reasons I want good sales, is so that they continue as a band because they are one of my favorites, and so it doesn't give ammo to the annoying people that hate VR so much they need to bash them like jarmo and something blues dude.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2007, 03:48:26 AM »

IMO the FTP video was much better. Scott looks much more original in that.

Fuck 'Em All.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2007, 05:30:22 AM »

the band doesn't look into it too much in fact, except Fraudy (les griffes de l'ennui, sorry a french bad joke)

Well, I liked it Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2007, 07:42:53 AM »

If I do recall...GnR relied heavily on ballads on UYI 1&2.  Don't Cry, November Rain and Estranged come to mind. 

No need to bring another band into this thanks. Besides there's nothing wrong with ballads.

Unless you're Matt "drummer boy" Sorum and you joined a bad ass rock n' roll band.

That's incorrect.  Videos help to push the single up the charts which pushes the album's sales up.  It's not as strong a push as before file sharing, but still, they help.

Exactly. If videos are useless, why are artists still making them?

Videos might have lost the power they once had due to MTV not being MTV anymore. But without a proper video you don't get your single played on music channels. Plus there's nothing to put on Youtube.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2007, 09:52:32 AM »

Oh please.

It's ironic that VR fans are hoping a ballad will "save" their new album from being a complete failure when the drummer made those remarks about the piano not belonging in a bad ass rock n' roll band.

Jesus you know that people can change idea's as a 20 something saying the whole bad ass rock n roll thing i'd expect it , he's like 40 something now im sure he has changed views on a lot.

Matt Sorum was 20-something in 2004?

/jarmo

Jarmo,. you're such a tool for Axl.....do you dream of him
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: