Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:41:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Last Fight Video
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last Fight Video  (Read 28311 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2007, 05:42:20 PM »

How does axl always get into these fucking threads, god damn so sick of that already.. Undecided Lips Sealed It's avelvet revolver song, I guess a piano was in the video so it had to be tied to axl.. Maybe we can throw elton freddy mercury and maybe liberace
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2007, 07:01:22 PM »

FYI: This site has some of the worst moderation I've seen anywhere on the internet.

Coming from you, that's a compliment. Thank you.

/jarmo

Yes I'm sure it is. Anyways good band , good songs , good live shows. The way a REAL rock band should do it.

how about; great band, amazing songs, incredible live shows! the way the BEST rock band should do it...

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2007, 08:00:58 PM »

The problem is that they don't have anybody who could pull it off.....

I'm not sure if I'd characterize that way, I'm sure if the band/Scott wrote a piano driven ballad he'd be fully capable of performing it in a live setting.?

What would lead you to believe he couldn't?

Until they do, you can enjoy your Fall To Pieces and Last Fights.

I really don't care for either song that much, just not my cup of rock.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 08:02:34 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2007, 07:37:37 AM »

Yet another Fall To Pieces kind of bland ballad.

The video is very simple and doesn't stand out at all.

You'd think they'd go for something special considering the album isn't selling. Something that would make people want to see the video even if they didn't like the song.

But that kind of videos cost money..... Maybe RCA isn't interested in spending money on VR at this point.

So the ballads are what's supposed to make VR sell records? The bad add rock n' roll band is relying on ballads?

Yeah, as a guy once said "what's with the piano? I thought I joined a bad ass rock n' roll band". The irony.....

/jarmo
How is it ironic?  Matt Sorum says he doesn't think they should be playing pianos. Scott Weiland plays piano. Two different people. Where's the irony? Huh

I don't think we should be surprised anymore that Matt and Scott don't agree on everything - we know that by now. Its by no means ironic. A band doesn't have to agree with everything one person does in order to be good - sometimes its good if everyone has an opinion and i'm sure VR argue about lots of stuff. Much better than one guy calling the shots and everyone else just saying "ok".

Also, I think I remember the full quote was Matt was wondering "what's with the piano" but then he heard November Rain and liked it and realised what Axl was like as a visionary. Not from Behind The Music, he said it somewhere else, I read it somewhere recently.

As for the ballads, it definately seems Slash and Matt have developed a taste for ballads they didn't really have before.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2007, 09:05:00 AM »

Just saw the Last Fight video, and it's a vast improvement on the cheese that is the She Builds Quick Machines video.
But there are some odd moments like Scott sitting at the piano (is he even playing anything?) and the chick sitting there topless reading the letter... but man, she's a hottie, so I'm ok with that. ok

Cool to see Slash playing something other than a Les Paul too.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2007, 11:03:46 AM »

Here is my opinion

I think Slash,Duff etc are realizing that all lead singers are a bit difficult in some aspects.? I think they are realizing that they basically left a hall of famer all time great for a good frontman who is every bit if not more difficult than Axl.

They are probably realizing now they are clean and sober how bad they truly fucked up.

I don't understand how Axl is perceived to be "difficult" though. To me it's not like Slash? wasn't able to pretty much play and write whatever he wanted. Axl just wanted Slash to be the best he knew he could be and refused to let Slash skate by. I see nothing wrong with that.

Slash is like that superstar athlete that just needs a great coach to light a fire under his ass to get his full potential. Axl was the Vince Lombardi of frontmen in that aspect.

Last Fight is one of my least fav songs on the album and that video is nothing special. FTP was amazing video wise cause it was so true to life and it just had that something that made your hair stand up.

This video is an average by t he numbers video that has NO replay value whatsoever. I watched it once, I don't need to see it again.

When I hear this song, I am just wondering where the fuck the black female church choir is.......... and for rock n roll, thats not good.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2007, 11:19:15 AM »

Here is my opinion

I think Slash,Duff etc are realizing that all lead singers are a bit difficult in some aspects.  I think they are realizing that they basically left a hall of famer all time great for a good frontman who is every bit if not more difficult than Axl.

They are probably realizing now they are clean and sober how bad they truly fucked up.

I don't understand how Axl is perceived to be "difficult" though. To me it's not like Slash  wasn't able to pretty much play and write whatever he wanted. Axl just wanted Slash to be the best he knew he could be and refused to let Slash skate by. I see nothing wrong with that.

Slash is like that superstar athlete that just needs a great coach to light a fire under his ass to get his full potential. Axl was the Vince Lombardi of frontmen in that aspect.

Last Fight is one of my least fav songs on the album and that video is nothing special. FTP was amazing video wise cause it was so true to life and it just had that something that made your hair stand up.

This video is an average by t he numbers video that has NO replay value whatsoever. I watched it once, I don't need to see it again.

When I hear this song, I am just wondering where the fuck the black female church choir is.......... and for rock n roll, thats not good.

I agree with the Axl coach regard but in the same sense a coach needs the right team see what im saying? I dont think they are realizing anything with sobriety. Axl wanted to take it in a whole new direction and thats why they left , come on could you see slash playing Better?? IRS?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2007, 11:23:51 AM »

Let's try to bring this back to topic guys, lots of "why they left" and whatnot discussions all over the board.

Thank you.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2007, 12:13:28 PM »

I think Scott is imposing his will onto the band now. I think with Contraband, Scott was so willing to do anything to be helped that he may have let the Guns guys do their own thing a bit.

I think on Libertad, its more of a Scott record overall. The fact Scott got HIS producer essentially and the songs are further away from the GNR side than CB.

The riffs and songs rock but not in a way we know Slash is capable. Its like SLash is doing the radio friendly 20 second solo spots in most of the songs instead of unleashing the fury we know he can.

SORRY FALCON for draggin that off topic.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2007, 12:40:07 PM »

I think Scott is imposing his will onto the band now. I think with Contraband, Scott was so willing to do anything to be helped that he may have let the Guns guys do their own thing a bit.

I think on Libertad, its more of a Scott record overall. The fact Scott got HIS producer essentially and the songs are further away from the GNR side than CB.

The riffs and songs rock but not in a way we know Slash is capable. Its like SLash is doing the radio friendly 20 second solo spots in most of the songs instead of unleashing the fury we know he can.

SORRY FALCON for draggin that off topic.

I doubt that , Scott didn't get HIS producer? Slash talked to B O'B about it , he said he didn't like the STP guitar sounds but he knew he could get the right tone out of them. Just because its not GNR sounding doesn't mean its scott , Slash went for a whole different approach this time. The record was supposed to be chill and calm , I want more in your face stuff too.
gnrvr.
Opening Act

14 august-chinese democracy

« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2007, 01:38:38 PM »

This video is good, and it will make that libertad sells more

But its nothing spetial

Libertad is a bad record with borred songs

except for 2 or 3 songs maybe

And yeah, is so ridiculous matt talkin in "behind the music" about GNR
"i didnt come to a rock band for playing songs with a PIANO"
And now............................ well  beer
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 01:40:45 PM by gnrvr. » Logged
darkdays_01
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2007, 04:20:17 PM »

Cool video for a cool song. I could careless if the album sells or not I enjoy it that is all that matters to me.

It is a shame how some people are so negative toward the old guys. Jarmo  yes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2007, 04:56:12 PM »

Cool video for a cool song. I could careless if the album sells or not I enjoy it that is all that matters to me.

It is a shame how some people are so negative toward the old guys. Jarmo  yes

Boohoo. I don't like the video so I'm negative.

Since this video is so special, I assume it'll win a lot of awards and be talked about as an excellent example of modern music video making.  yes

#1: I don't think the song is cool
#2: I don't think the video is cool.

I think they've done better videos. For example Fall To Pieces was better than this one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2007, 04:59:42 PM »

I love VR, but their videos are all on the generic side. Last Fight is no exception. I feel like by the end of the 90's music videos started to take a dive in creativity.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2007, 01:06:41 PM »

Good video, really good song.

And as far as the stupid piano bullshit everyones going on about. Its a scene in the video, I dont hear it in the song myself its just a feature of the video. So whatever anyones saying about it its all fuckin stupid. Just another reason for people to bring Axl Rose into the discussion and slag Matt Sorum off. Yet again just boring....
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2007, 06:15:55 PM »

I think they've done better videos. For example Fall To Pieces was better than this one.

That's fair....

Since this video is so special, I assume it'll win a lot of awards and be talked about as an excellent example of modern music video making.  yes

That's bullshit.

I've already said it somewhere in this section... but the non-VR fans will use the fact that the album doesn't sell or doesn't win awards as "proof" that it's no good, whereas if it's an artist they like album sales and awards are the perfect way to prove just how great they are.  Of course for the actual fans of VR, album sales don't matter as long as THEY like it, and if it IS popular, they can rub that fact in as "proof" that it's good.

I think VR is a "bad ass rock and roll band"... look at how much trouble they cause on a message board.  Roll Eyes
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2007, 06:18:15 PM »

It is a shame how some people are so negative toward the old guys. Jarmo? yes

Boohoo. I don't like the video so I'm negative.

Since this video is so special, I assume it'll win a lot of awards and be talked about as an excellent example of modern music video making.? yes

/jarmo

Since when do you care about awards, you're the one who is always saying that those things don't mean a thing...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2007, 06:53:35 PM »

Since when do you care about awards, you're the one who is always saying that those things don't mean a thing...

Just putting things into perspective. Apparently this video is amazing and brilliant.

Usually amazing and brilliant videos get noticed by people who aren't fans of the band/artist.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2007, 07:01:23 PM »

Just putting things into perspective. Apparently this video is amazing and brilliant.

Usually amazing and brilliant videos get noticed by people who aren't fans of the band/artist.

/jarmo

So if a song gets a video award the video is amazing and brilliant

so that makes

The All-American Rejects ? "Move Along"
 AFI ? "Miss Murder"

Chamillionaire (featuring Krayzie Bone) ? "Ridin'"

All winners of awards , amazing and brilliant videos? Nice to know jarmo.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2007, 07:28:52 PM »

Way to take things out of context.

As usual, you have no clue about what I'm talking about.  ok

I guess a video like Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" sucks because it won a bunch of awards in 1992.

It's nothing compared to Last Fight.

Or Johnny Cash's "Hurt", which didn't win anything. It's nothing. Nobody has seen it or even recognized it as a great video.

But Velvet Revolver's "Last Fight". Now there's a model for all music videos.  drool

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: