Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:24:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Last Fight Video
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last Fight Video  (Read 28313 times)
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2007, 07:49:26 PM »

I see no end to this argument, as everyones comments are taken out of context, or seen as hyopocritical in regards to what they've said before  hihi

I think we can all agree its a relatively good video, not amazing by any means, its a pretty good song. Chances are it won't help VR sell a million copies, as some have suggested. It might be nominated for an award, but it probably won't win. Its just an average video, from a good band, that has done better.

If you're a fan of it, just enjoy it, it doesn't have to sell to be liked. And just cause it sells doesn't mean its good.
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2007, 08:25:36 PM »

^I agree with you.  It is a good video...not an amazing one.  It is a good song...not an amazing one.  I like both.  It seems many on here just revel in putting former members down and shitting on anything they do.  This shouldn't even be an argument.  It isn't even a healthy discussion.  It is like a school yard fight over who's dad is better.

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2007, 08:41:09 PM »

Way to take things out of context.

As usual, you have no clue about what I'm talking about.  ok

I guess a video like Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" sucks because it won a bunch of awards in 1992.

It's nothing compared to Last Fight.

Or Johnny Cash's "Hurt", which didn't win anything. It's nothing. Nobody has seen it or even recognized it as a great video.

But Velvet Revolver's "Last Fight". Now there's a model for all music videos.  drool

/jarmo
That was your whole idea , I didn't say it you did. You said usually they get awards , those videos did are they great and brilliant? Cash's hurt didnt get nothing does that make it a crappy video , according to jarmo logic it does,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2007, 08:50:33 PM »

That was your whole idea , I didn't say it you did. You said usually they get awards , those videos did are they great and brilliant? Cash's hurt didnt get nothing does that make it a crappy video , according to jarmo logic it does,

What the fuck are you talking about?

I'm not saying winning awards makes a video great. I'm saying since you all claim this mediocre piece of video art is "brilliant" and "amazing", I expect it to get a lot of interest from people who aren't VR fans.

Who knows, maybe it'll make some "best videos of the decade" lists too.

People are throwing around words like brilliant way too often around Velvet Revolver. Obviously you don't agree with that since you're arguing. Or maybe you're arguing only because you don't understand anything said in this thread?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2007, 09:01:37 PM »

What the fuck are you talking about?

I'm not saying winning awards makes a video great. I'm saying since you all claim this mediocre piece of video art is "brilliant" and "amazing", I expect it to get a lot of interest from people who aren't VR fans.

Who knows, maybe it'll make some "best videos of the decade" lists too.

People are throwing around words like brilliant way too often around Velvet Revolver. Obviously you don't agree with that since you're arguing. Or maybe you're arguing only because you don't understand anything said in this thread?

/jarmo

You said great videos win awards. But obviously now you dont feel like that...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2007, 09:24:29 PM »

Are you really gonna argue with me that great videos never have won any awards?

Are you serious?

Of course great videos have won awards and I don't think I'm wrong if I predict that in the future some great videos will win even more awards.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »

Are you really gonna argue with me that great videos never have won any awards?

Are you serious?

Of course great videos have won awards and I don't think I'm wrong if I predict that in the future some great videos will win even more awards.

/jarmo

But a video winning an award doesn't make it great.

Therefore , VR not winning award doesn't make it any less of a great video.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 09:27:46 PM by RageNirvanaNIN » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2007, 10:27:13 PM »

Nothing can change the fact that it's not a ground breaking video that stands out in any way among the rest of the videos that have come out in 2007.

I'm glad you're happy with this.

I just have standards.

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2007, 10:42:21 PM »

I vote for Lock of this thread.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2007, 11:04:47 PM »

Just like anything else artistic, it's all subjective.

If brilliance is seen for some, respect their opinion.

If someone thinks it sucks, respect theirs.

Semantic arguments never come to any mutually agreed conclusion, they only tend to reflect the participants pre conceptions and biases from their respective sides.

If you think the vid's great, cool.

If you think it blows, fine.

It's just a fucking video, they have had little impact on the business of music for quite some time now.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2007, 02:29:20 AM »

I think VR just really dropped the ball with this album now SBQM shouldn't of been a single it should of been Get Out The Door to start it off and now they really did themselves in with The Last Fight video this had the potential be a top 5 song but with ok video ( its better than SBMQ) but with Matt looking like little drummer boy and scott trying to play the piano I mean COME ON !!!

now if im RCA here's what I would of done

1. First single Get Out The Door
2. Last Fight ( they got one right
3. third single Mary Mary
4. GraveDancer

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2007, 03:51:12 AM »

I really love the song the last fight. ok The video is good and i quite like it but Scott looks bad sitting on the piano it would be ok if he WAS playing but its just looks a bit odd for me.....i dident know there was piano in the song.. peace
Scott should just keep on singing with the mic and doing the cool dancing he does..The rest of the videos fine with me.. ok
I think after hearing this on the radio a few times people will LOVE it..I think its a great song. hihi

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2007, 05:37:17 AM »

This video is good, and it will make that libertad sells more

But its nothing spetial

Libertad is a bad record with borred songs

except for 2 or 3 songs maybe

And yeah, is so ridiculous matt talkin in "behind the music" about GNR
"i didnt come to a rock band for playing songs with a PIANO"
And now............................ well? beer

Not to harp but he joined gnr that did afd, that's probably the one he was expecting.. Just cause a piano makes it in a video to a group he's an original member doesn't prove anything or mean anything about what he said in BTM. What's he was joining in 90-91 isn't the same as what he's doing now as a player in his own band..
I agree the video is nothing spexial.. I think it's more artsy fartsy type shit scott likes and to him it's great.. Love when the band plays on stage... Maybe it's something like the white stripes,. simple and people love it.. There's tons of stupid videos out there like CLoser but peole like them, all individual tastes.. As long as the song rocks that's what counts for me..
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2007, 09:55:02 AM »

Nothing can change the fact that it's not a ground breaking video that stands out in any way among the rest of the videos that have come out in 2007.

I'm glad you're happy with this.

I just have standards.

/jarmo

Im happy with this and I have standards too. Sucks they don't meet yours doesn't mean you have to subject us to your constant bitching on vr but hey w.e.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2007, 10:45:47 AM »

I think VR just really dropped the ball with this album now SBQM shouldn't of been a single it should of been Get Out The Door to start it off and now they really did themselves in with The Last Fight video this had the potential be a top 5 song but with ok video ( its better than SBMQ) but with Matt looking like little drummer boy and scott trying to play the piano I mean COME ON !!!

4. GraveDancer

Mary Mary isn't a good choice, just sixteen would be better and it probably will be the next single.
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2007, 05:01:03 PM »

the video suits the song, stripped down, very simple, doesn't have to be groundbreaking. it just has to suit the song.

anybody notice at the end of the video, the rose in the piano!

whats that about?Huh

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2007, 05:42:43 PM »

And the red bandanas.... QUICK, SOMEBODY FIND A PAIR OF TIGHT SHORTS!  rofl

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2007, 05:25:50 PM »

Jarmo,. you're such a tool for Axl.....do you dream of him

Question: What do you do when your favorite bad ass rock n' roll band's tour is failing, the album doesn't sell, the new video is boring and the GN'R reunion you keep having wet dreams about isn't happening?

Answer: You try to find comfort in insulting others who don't share your miserable life or opinions.? ok

Please note: This GN'R mention and insult was once again posted by a "old GN'R fan" in the VR section. Who's ruining the threads for you....

/jarmo

find comfort in insulting others.....wtf are you talking about?

I don't insult GnR Fans.....

I may disagree with them on the merits of the re-tooled band based on the 10 or so tracks I've heard from them.....but to you, disagreeing is an insult?

the GN'R reunion you keep having wet dreams ....sorry bro, I don't get a hard-on for guys, only girls

and I don't have wet dreams about a GnR reunion.....or any other band for that matter....

but I am frustrated by the lack of new material from GnR because I do enjoy Axl's music and I think he may be apprehensive about releasing an album after 16 years....especially doing so under the GnR name......because he may have the legal right to the name, I think he understands the contributions to the name GnR the others have made....and the "legacy" they helped to create....

if thats an insult, oh well

as for the tone of your posts, they are far more insulting to other members than mine are, GnR or VR fans

hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2007, 10:49:40 PM »

I find the childish name calling and constant put downs quite amusing.

Velvet Revolver fans cannot co-exist with New Guns n Roses fans.  It is against the laws of the universe or something. 

Just close the Velvet Revolver thread all together...it is quite obvious the "leader" of this site has a big hate on for the band, so gt rid of the VR forum.  Might as well...VR fans can't seem to engage in pleasant conversation about the band without someone hijacking it and spewing their disgust with the band,  Having it seems pointless...

GeraldFord
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2007, 04:23:20 AM »

4. GraveDancer

Mary Mary isn't a good choice, just sixteen would be better and it probably will be the next single.
next single?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: