Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:27:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Axl Christ
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Christ  (Read 7583 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« on: March 01, 2007, 11:42:01 AM »

Why not just move the thread to The Jungle?  Why was it erased?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 11:43:18 AM »

Good point. I mean, Id like to talk about the Roman Catholic Religion and why its the only one that ignores the fact that Mary apparently has children?

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 11:44:13 AM »

I aggree. ?I liked that thread. ?It was pretty funny, significant, and best of all...FRESH. ?Why was that deleted and there's still a thread about one guy simply bitching about wanting an update?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 11:45:13 AM »

cuz obviously some people were getting bent outta shape about it.

people need to realx sometimes around here  Roll Eyes

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 11:49:34 AM »

You're free to discuss religion in The Jungle. But posting some kind of "Jesus was found before CD" thread in the GN'R section is pointless....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 11:50:49 AM »

Good point. I mean, Id like to talk about the Roman Catholic Religion and why its the only one that ignores the fact that Mary apparently has children?

Yeah and I wanted to know more about the new theory that james cameron is a retarded brother of jesus. hihi
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:55:45 AM »

You're free to discuss religion in The Jungle. But posting some kind of "Jesus was found before CD" thread in the GN'R section is pointless....

/jarmo

Thanks Jarmo, it had pretty much left the original subject anyway (which was in jest).  Any chance you can move it into The Jungle?

What leaks??
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 12:24:31 PM »

Yea, I just got to work, and I missed what people here said. I must have the record for most deleted threads. ITs funny that this board uses a "Karma" system but we can't discuss religion when it relates to GNR, humorus or not.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 12:26:32 PM »

Yea, I just got to work, and I missed what people here said. I must have the record for most deleted threads. ITs funny that this board uses a "Karma" system but we can't discuss religion when it relates to GNR, humorus or not.

Someone said:

"Don't be so offensive, the bible mentions Jesus's brothers, sisters and get your facts right when talking about the bible"

Someone said:

"Yeah, because we all know the bible is so accurate".

Then I guess things got a little out of hand...   Or one of the staff stamped their religious beliefs on the thread to "save" all of us and removed it.  Who knows.  Either way it's gone and doesn't seem to be coming back.

What leaks??
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 12:37:40 PM »

Someone said:

"Don't be so offensive, the bible mentions Jesus's brothers, sisters and get your facts right when talking about the bible"

Someone said:

"Yeah, because we all know the bible is so accurate".

Then I guess things got a little out of hand...? ?Or one of the staff stamped their religious beliefs on the thread to "save" all of us and removed it.? Who knows.? Either way it's gone and doesn't seem to be coming back.

HOLY SHIT!! Unbelievable. Well, thanks for filling me in man. That is just ridiculous though.

Jarmo, WTF man seriously. You know me dude. What is with all the covering up here?  You said it should be in the Jungle. So...why not move it there? How are you cool with "One of the staff stamped their religious beliefs on the thread to "save" all of us and removed it."

How are you cool with a mod doing that on your site? Was it you man? Come on man. That is really fucking lame. You must see that.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 12:55:57 PM »

It was the lame GN'R references....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 12:57:28 PM »

Are we not allowed to see the humour in it?

What leaks??
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 01:27:50 PM »

If you're upset about the album not being out, you have plenty of old threads to post in.

/jarmo

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 01:42:09 PM »

You didn't read the thread I guess...   The initial post was a humorous post about Jesus and the coming of C.D.   The rest of it was drifting towards an interesting conversation.

Why not just put it into The Jungle?

What leaks??
avesia
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 01:45:33 PM »

what's the point of this thread? it's as useless as the other one. it got deleted. big deal. get over it! was it that important for you that you can't go on with your life?  Huh
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 01:51:43 PM »

It was the lame GN'R references....

/jarmo

What? Man, I wish you could just respond in a more humble down to earth way. The basis of the thread was how funny Axl's comment on how fans would be better off waiting for Jesus is, in light of Jesus's body being found. How is you saying "It was the lame GN'R references...." at all appropriate in the context of this discussion? People asked you questions (I asked you questions), and your response is this? You are kind of interesting, the way your mind works Jarmo, you know that? I never really saw it before. You have changed a bit. We actually were able to talk before, there was a time. And no man, I am not upset the album isn't out. It wasn't a bitch thread like some that have remained on there. What is going on Jarmo?

Moonchild. Stop watching the soaps. No one is gonna have a problem going on with their life. If you weren't part of the discussion then why make yourself a part of this one?

avesia
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 01:57:58 PM »

Moonchild. Stop watching the soaps. No one is gonna have a problem going on with their life. If you weren't part of the discussion then why make yourself a part of this one?

because I'm tired of reading useless posts like "Jarmo, why did you delete my thred?" "Because it was useless" "No, it wasn't" "Yes, it was" "But still, why did you delete my thread?"
I'm not saying one or the other is right, I'm just saying the discussion is pointless i. e. it's not going anywhere!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 02:19:11 PM »

because I'm tired of reading useless posts like "Jarmo, why did you delete my thred?" "Because it was useless" "No, it wasn't" "Yes, it was" "But still, why did you delete my thread?"
I'm not saying one or the other is right, I'm just saying the discussion is pointless i. e. it's not going anywhere!

Why does everything have to have a point to you? Candy doesn't have a point either. But its fucking good sometimes isn't it? But maybe someone likes Junior Mints and you like Gummy Bears? Discussions may not have a point to you, but its not up to you to decide. If others were enjoying a discussion, on a message board mind you, then the only thing that is pointless is what you are doing. You aren't the Point Police are you?

avesia
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 02:23:50 PM »

Angry hm...I could be...anyway...aren't you sick of arguing with Jarmo? he always wins anyway and he always gives the answers he wants to give and never what you wanna hear.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 02:38:54 PM »

It's fucking retarded, that's what it is.

Not everyone has the same sense of humour so removing a thread because it offends "your" personal beliefs or because "you" don't find it funny seems a bit silly. 

Some people need to lighten up and open up. 

We're not all zombies and I don't think anyone wants a board filled "Hey what colour shoes did Axl wear yesterday" threads do they? 

Surely the occasional interesting thread is allowed?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 02:42:24 PM by Howard2k » Logged

What leaks??
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 02:42:13 PM »

If it makes money people will buy it, thats why it works, retarded or not

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 02:47:55 PM »

Yea, actually I am a little sick of it now that you mention it. I definitely enjoy talking to other GNR fans, like yourself in general. Maybe that is why Jarmo's attitude escapes me. I wonder if Jarmo acts this way in person. IF so we definitely wouldnt be partying before a GNR gig. And that's a shame because I have always enjoyed the people on here who I have partyed with before and after GNR gigs, or just shot the shit with on here over the years. I have always been hospitable with other fans in person, and having an elitist attitude toward fans well... its just not me. I don't think I'm better then anyone else.

I rarely create threads either, and don't want to just create some paint by numbers one. I found this interesting. Others may not. But when it got deleted for no rythm or reason (or logic), I questioned it. But shit, you are right. I guess there isn't a point. It never used to be that way in the past. Fucking shame really.

Later...and Howard, it was fun bababooey.

DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 02:51:57 PM »

I found the topic to be amusing myself, and it was a fun coincidence   ok
However, some of the others maybe didn't get the joke or took it the wrong way and it could've gotten ugly (or was getting to that point)
I understand both sides on this one, which is rare hihi
Thanks Buddha, for an entertaining topic, made me laugh, no matter what anyone else says  Smiley

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 03:26:53 PM »

Budda, you could always repost it in the jungle you know...

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 04:44:30 PM »

Thanks DFairy. It just sucks I didnt get to read what was being said when I got into the office before it was deleted. But whatever.

If someone wants to repost it in the Jungle Polluxium, cool. I would check it out.

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 05:06:07 PM »

Thanks DFairy. It just sucks I didnt get to read what was being said when I got into the office before it was deleted. But whatever.

If someone wants to repost it in the Jungle Polluxium, cool. I would check it out.

That was my point too.   Just take it and dump it in the jungle and we can carry it on.   No need for us to reinvent the wheel.  Or - there shouldn't be a need.

Anyway - obviously it's been determined that it wasn't funny enough or that we need to be protected or whatever... 

What leaks??
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 05:34:50 PM »

Howard, you are wise dude. I think its the behavior of the big J and the mod that gets me the most. Fucking puzzling. I think it just touched a nerve or something. Some just need to take a look in the mirror and try to understand how they really feel about their religion and faith now in light of THE big discovery. My shit was just satire. But J Man's reaction is not unlike some news outlets that are trying to pretend that this discovery never happened. Its fucking a lot of people's shit up. I get that. I have been tripping on it for days now. Today it just hit me what Axl said, and I laughed inside and came here. That's all there was too it. Of course it related.

I know most here aren't paper mario 2 Dimensional thinking motherfuckers. GNR fans are smart, for the most part. I have met a lot of fans and that is what I always take from it. They don't give us enough credit here even though they aren't any better then any of us. The aftermath of this is very revealing though. Some people here have definitely lost their way. The big wait has absofuckinglutely messed with a lot of people, and it is obvious that it has taken its toll on Jarmo and some mods.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2007, 06:13:04 PM »

Not everyone has the same sense of humour so removing a thread because it offends "your" personal beliefs or because "you" don't find it funny seems a bit silly. 

Some people need to lighten up and open up. 

We're not all zombies and I don't think anyone wants a board filled "Hey what colour shoes did Axl wear yesterday" threads do they? 

What the fuck do you know about my beliefs?

I don't care if they found Jesus, his tomb or whatever. It doesn't affect me personally.

The thread was based around how amusing it is that Axl mentioned Jesus returning in 2002 and now they say they found him.

It also mentioned how Jesus was found before CD came out.

Now, tell me why you can't post that in the special thread in Dead Horse that we have for all you frustrated fans?

If you want to discuss religion, spirituality or the recent news about the finding, you're more than welcome to do so in the right section.

No need to tie GN'R into it by using a sentence from an old press release.

The only problem I have is when people post all kinds of pointless threads in the GN'R section and try to make it about GN'R.

It's the same thing with those of you who keep posting "funny" news stories about democracy in China in the GN'R section.

/jarmo

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2007, 06:34:54 PM »

Dum di dum. http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=43679.0

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2007, 06:54:24 PM »

When I sat down this morning with my cup of coffee, I didn't think "You know, this finding Jesus news is pretty crazy, how can I try to make it about GNR?"

Again The basis of the thread was how funny Axl's comment on how fans would be better off waiting for Jesus is, in light of them actually finding him.

"No need to tie GN'R into it by using a sentence from an old press release."

Thats bullshit jarmo. You applying that point of view to what I did is bullshit. Its not at all the same.

Fuck it man. Its your arena. I will post there or I won't but, I hear you loud and clear jarmo. This issue here, where Im concerned is done.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 07:04:56 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »

Not everyone has the same sense of humour so removing a thread because it offends "your" personal beliefs or because "you" don't find it funny seems a bit silly.?

Some people need to lighten up and open up.?

We're not all zombies and I don't think anyone wants a board filled "Hey what colour shoes did Axl wear yesterday" threads do they??

What the fuck do you know about my beliefs?

<<snip>>

Now, tell me why you can't post that in the special thread in Dead Horse that we have for all you frustrated fans?

<<snip>>

If you want to discuss religion, spirituality or the recent news about the finding, you're more than welcome to do so in the right section.

No need to tie GN'R into it by using a sentence from an old press release.

The only problem I have is when people post all kinds of pointless threads in the GN'R section and try to make it about GN'R.

/jarmo

Bingo.? I know nothing about yours and you know nothing (or next to nothing) about mine.? ?I speculated that it might have been pulled because someone was offended.? I used "you" and "your" in quotation marks because it could really apply to anyone.? I don't even know who specifically pulled the thread.? ?You suggested though that we could continue the discussion in The Jungle (or now it's Dead Horse - I'm not sure why there is the confusion) but you won't move the thread there.

You seem to have misunderstood the thread so I'll just drop it.  I actually AGREE with you about all the pointless threads.   That's not what this is.

What leaks??
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: