Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:20:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Which is the better album UYI I or II
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which is the better album UYI I or II  (Read 7029 times)
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« on: June 29, 2004, 08:06:36 AM »

I was just wondering what do people on this board is the better album from the Illusion era. I personally think UYI II is the one I prefer its a lot more mellow and has some great songs on it of course. I think this will end up in Dead Horse but hey.

EEEERRRR Little boy
Vegar
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 08:55:59 AM »

This should have been posted in dead horse (as you wrote)...

Before, I always liked II better than I, but right now, I like I more..

I has killers like Coma, Nov. Rain, Right next door to hell (That is a GREAT song! ok ), and live and let die, to mention a few.

II have songs that I don't like, like my world, shotgun blues and KOHD (I think its very overrated, at least the studio version...)

Well, my opinion..  Smiley

Just use your head and in the end
You?ll find your inspiration,
To choose your steps, I won't regret
This kind of aggravation
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 09:07:06 AM »

UYI II is the better album IMO.

UYI has the more epic songs and the better written songs, for the most part UYI I Juts has nov rain and coma that really stand out while UYI II has 14 years, breakdown, estranged, locomotive, YCMB, and civil war just to name a few.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dizzy
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 09:15:12 AM »

I love them both and it's tough to choose, but I have to go with Use Your Illusion II.
badapple81
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 09:24:55 AM »

A Dead Horse thread yeah, but hey beats talking about Axl's cheeks, eyebrows, braids and stuff. Funny how such a Dead Horse thread we have all seen hundreds of times can be so refreshing!

UYI II for me.. I dont overly like the studio version of KOHD.. but I can play the album out loud all the way through and dig each song, until the last track  hihi

Damn it.. now im not going to bed until midnight.. I have to listen to it now!  rant

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 09:36:59 AM »

1 because it has coma  ok

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 09:39:54 AM »

II for me. There are more rockers on UYI1 but the better in depth songs are on 2. And they have my favorite rockers off both UYI albums, 14 Years and YCBM.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 10:04:06 AM »

I for me. II has some songs that are not my favourites, such as Yesterdays, So Fine, Get in the ring, Shotgun blues, the terrible studio version of KOHD and Don't Cry 2 (I think one DC would have been enough for the UYI albums).

On II there are really genius but underrate songs, like Bad Apples, The Garden, Garden Of Eden, Double Talkin' Jive, Back Off Bitch, Perfect Crime, Dust N' Bones, not to mention Coma.

Sum: maybe most of the best UYI tracks are on UYI II, but I find too much songs that are not fillers, but not real genius GN'R songs there, too. So I go for UYI I.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

I didn't know people didn't like the studio version of KOHD are well well I didn't say what are my fav songs from the UYI II which I find the better one such as Locomotive, Estranged, Get in the ring, pretty tied up I could say the whole really My World its not so bad now I can understand where Axl is coming from and not thinking about GN'R other work and so on.

EEEERRRR Little boy
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 11:50:39 AM »

I prefer UYI2.
The best it is if it was one album with the best songs from both and then the rest to be released as a bonus Disc later.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 12:14:08 PM »

I know the majority seem to like UYI 2 more but, If I had to choose between the two, Im going with UYI 1.

It may not have the best songs of the UYI's...but it doesnt have the couple songs that are just offensive to my ears (and Im not referring to the language). There is shit on UYI 2 that I cant fucking stand. The end of Breakdown, fucking pisses me off so fucking much because I like the first half and it ruins it. I fucking hate the gay ass Get In The Ring amateurish bully shit (that is way more sorry and gay than anything I have heard from Eminem). The GNR version featured on 2 of KOHD, I really don't like either. I actually dig My World.

But the first UYI album, is a more balls to the wall appropriate evolution for Guns N' Fuckin' Roses. They are a rock band, and they should be kicking our ass. And UYI 1 is way more kick ass as a whole and with its flow, thant UYI 2. So I, without hesitation, pick UYI 1 as the better album.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2004, 12:39:36 PM »

UYI II is the better album IMO.

UYI has the more epic songs and the better written songs, for the most part UYI I Juts has nov rain and coma that really stand out while UYI II has 14 years, breakdown, estranged, locomotive, YCMB, and civil war just to name a few.
Only Coma and November Rain?Huh

What about Don't Cry, Right Next Door to Hell, Dead Horse, The Garden, Live and Let Die (Better Cover than KOHD, IMO), Bad Obsession, You Aint the First, Dust and Bones..........

For me II gets too watered down with songs like My World and Shotgun Blues
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2004, 03:04:50 PM »

I. The only song I really truly like on II is YCBM. The others are either bad or just "meh."

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2004, 04:15:08 PM »

II  yes

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2004, 04:32:23 PM »

ok here we go again...round 57893

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2004, 04:56:03 PM »

I've preferred II since I first heard the You Could Be Mine/Civil War single.

I don't much like Shotgun Blues, Get In The Ring, or My World... but the other songs more than make up for it.

I prefer the Alternate Don't Cry, and you can't beat Estranged.

So it's Use Your Illusion 2 for me.   ok
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 06:23:02 PM »

Its UYI for me. I love alot of the songs on there. Although Estranged & KNocking on heaven's door arent on there. I feel somtimes listening to the whole UYI 2 album is hard

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
badapple81
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 07:35:40 PM »

Im really into the Illusions again now.. ive been listening to live bootlegs for so long that I'm beginning to get back into the studio tracks.

Some great songs to play really loud.. Right Next Door To Hell.. Perfect Crime.. YCBM, Get In The Ring, Shotgun Blues, Double Talkin' Jive!

How they came up with that studio version of KOHD after playing it live so well and rocking hard with it so many times, I really don't know.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2004, 02:44:30 AM »

I'd pick UYI1 over UYI2, it just seems more grittier and rocking, UYI2 is a little too accessible/mainstream rock for my liking.

That said, I still love them both every bit as when I first bought them and are two of the best albums I own.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2004, 03:17:20 AM »

no. II ALL THE WAY!!!!!! yes

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: