Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where?s Robin in the middle of all this?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where?s Robin in the middle of all this?  (Read 12334 times)
estranged.1098
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2004, 10:26:07 PM »

Replace him with Bucket. Grin

That's a good way to end up with only one guitarist (Fortus).
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2004, 10:55:01 PM »

hence the world "replace"

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2004, 12:16:42 AM »

Robin has been doing some recording with natibe instruments "guiyar rig" for the computer. he has spoken "officially" about how much he likes the softawre/hardware bundle. do the research.

highvoltage
Headliner

MYGNRFORUM Admin

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2004, 01:30:54 AM »

I really didn't like Robin at the start - I mainly hated his hair, and I hated the solo's he did on SCOM.

But after a while, I didn't mind the guy....

Angus Young - AC/DC
"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, when in fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2004, 10:50:47 AM »

Robin just travels and relaxes with all his free time. He's never been much for solo-work that I can remember...

Well, If he?s travelling I think it means that his work on the record is done ... so why not magazines don?t do interviews with him??
you don?t need a new record or a tour to do cool interview ... and we are talking here bout the LEAD GUITAR of that banda called GUNS N ROSES that will release that PERFECT RECORD soon ... he don?t need to tell the release date, but just some cool things... I think fans wanna know the new band better... dont you think??

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2004, 11:11:29 AM »

Man it must be frustating being a member of GnR ! That's what made Slash crazy, as he wants to keep in touch with his fans, playing live, being social, and releaseing stuff, on his own, with others, or with VR.. You gotta give him credit for being available for the fans..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2004, 11:19:05 AM »

really didn't like Robin at the start - I mainly hated his hair, and I hated the solo's he did on SCOM.
But after a while, I didn't mind the guy....
Same first impression for me about Robin when I saw RIR3 videos: absolutely terrible. (espacially by his horrible gothic look). Then with time...he was better and he looked more like a normal guy . It helps me a lot to accept him in the band. Now I appreciate him even if my favourite new GN'R guitarist is definitely Richard Fortus (feeling, playing, attitude, energy on stage, look...he reminds me the GN'R "old school").

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2004, 11:19:31 AM »

Man it must be frustating being a member of GnR ! That's what made Slash crazy, as he wants to keep in touch with his fans, playing live, being social, and releaseing stuff, on his own, with others, or with VR.. You gotta give him credit for being available for the fans..

I guess you missed all the reports from people who've been to Tommy's shows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2004, 11:28:44 AM »

Robin just travels and relaxes with all his free time. He's never been much for solo-work that I can remember...

Well, If he?s travelling I think it means that his work on the record is done ... so why not magazines don?t do interviews with him??
you don?t need a new record or a tour to do cool interview ... and we are talking here bout the LEAD GUITAR of that banda called GUNS N ROSES that will release that PERFECT RECORD soon ... he don?t need to tell the release date, but just some cool things... I think fans wanna know the new band better... dont you think??

yeah but what's the point of an interview if there is no material to promote? and if you're not allowed to talk about the state of CD?

interviewer: hey robin.. how've you been?
robin: good..
interviewer: so you're done with your part in CD?
robin: yes i am..
interviewer: so what have you been doing all this time?
robin: travelling and spending time w/ my wife..
interviewer: we know you've worked with nin before.. how is working with trent reznor different than working with axl rose?
robin: **some explanation**
interviewer: your fellow bandmate tommy stinson has just released his solo album and dizzy reed is on tour with his own band.. do you have any plans like that?
robin: maybe in the future..

that's most likely the basic summary of any interview that robin does without anything to promote..  no

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2004, 12:03:17 PM »

yeah but what's the point of an interview if there is no material to promote? and if you're not allowed to talk about the state of CD?

interviewer: hey robin.. how've you been?
robin: good..
interviewer: so you're done with your part in CD?
robin: yes i am..
interviewer: so what have you been doing all this time?
robin: travelling and spending time w/ my wife..
interviewer: we know you've worked with nin before.. how is working with trent reznor different than working with axl rose?
robin: **some explanation**
interviewer: your fellow bandmate tommy stinson has just released his solo album and dizzy reed is on tour with his own band.. do you have any plans like that?
robin: maybe in the future..

that's most likely the basic summary of any interview that robin does without anything to promote..? no

no dude

just some cool interview with him talkin about his music, about NIN, GNR and others thing involving music... the beginin of his musician life... I don?t know, something to us fans know about him, couse I don?t remember seeing a cool interview if it?s not Tommy

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2004, 08:00:24 AM »

I guess you missed all the reports from people who've been to Tommy's shows.

/jarmo

No, but his fanbase is thousands times smaller than Slash's fanbase..  I talk about the majorleague guys, not the juniorleague..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2004, 08:38:16 AM »

Yeah, I'll give him credit for not signing GNR items... Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...

billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2004, 10:17:14 AM »

I think I've got it... They postponed the record and everything b/c Axl wants Robin to grow all of his hair to the same length, and not the shaved front.  Obviously, this takes time.  Can't rush good hair. hihi hihi

Mike
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2004, 10:44:34 AM »

International Research: Robin Finck.

This man deseapeared around december 5 or 6 2002. Nobody has seen him since this date. If you have some information to help us, please contact?the police station.
 hihi

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2004, 12:20:31 PM »

Yep, it's been almost two years already. I think Robin is a great asset for the new band and if they can bring Ron Thal, they will have a helluva band. I'm very interested to see the chemistry between Robin and Ron...I believe Robin didn't get along very well with Bucket. Then again, who did? Even Tommy recently said: "Too bad Bucket is not an amazing person." (after the journalist commented that Bucket is a great guitar player).

Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2004, 03:57:54 PM »

Isn't Tommy that guy who said CD was coming (ahelluvetimeago)....mmm yes... among other BS...? rofl

It's clear that he jumps however high Axl wants him to, so why shouldn't he join him in bashing the people who are fed up with Axl's workethics? Like Axl has been doing since 1996. hihi

-PEACE-

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2004, 04:02:13 PM »

I know you're a Bucket fan but I don't think he's all innocent in that story. I don't know him at all so I can't really say, I just have to rely on what his former fellow GN'R members say.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2004, 05:12:58 PM »

Ay me, a big fan of Robin n Bucket.  Cry 
I don?t want to think he meant that. Ahem, I'd take "not an amazing guy" as not being patient as job and disappointed the rest of the band and his fans.

I really want to know the whole story in the future.
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2004, 05:40:38 PM »

I know you're a Bucket fan but I don't think he's all innocent in that story. I don't know him at all so I can't really say, I just have to rely on what his former fellow GN'R members say.

True, I am a big Buckethead-fan. I've been following the guy for years now and one thing past bandmembers (of Primus, the Deli Creeps, Praxis etc) always said about him was how great his personality was and how much they enjoyed working with him (that's why they keep on working with each other). Now all of the sudden he becomes a member of gnr and Axl (who has been playing the blame-game since '96) says these things about him, with Stinson to back him up (what a suprise).

I never said that Buckethead must be all innocent in this... He however can't be held resposible for not releasing an album that has been rumored about since as early '96. And the fact that Axl feels more like writing press-releases to add another chapter to the blame-game instead of investing some more energy in finding a replacement, more then six moths before the actual Rio gig(!!!), really is as weird as it sounds...

Where Robin is in all of this? I think that he can't be too unhappy... He's getting paid and since he never showed any ambitions to display his capabilities as a soloartist I bet he has enough ways to spend his time.

-PEACE-

estranged.1098
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2004, 11:47:57 PM »

Slipdisc,

If Axl was that bad to Buckethead I wonder why Brain didn't quit the band.

Where Robin is in all of this? I think that he can't be too unhappy... He's getting paid and since he never showed any ambitions to display his capabilities as a soloartist I bet he has enough ways to spend his time.

Solo work is not something for every musician... not Axl Rose for example. If you really think Robin is in it for the money than perhaps you should continue to talk about Buckethead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: