Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:43:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where?s Robin in the middle of all this?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where?s Robin in the middle of all this?  (Read 12332 times)
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2004, 12:38:09 AM »

I'm not much of a Buckethead fan but somehow I don't see him as being a bad guy. I think he just didn't have the right personality to be in a band such as GNR which probably made him seem difficult to work with. Buckethead seems to be a low key guy who just likes to play music. GNR did not satisfy him in that respect because this project is continuously delayed so he never had the opportunity to get this project out there and play in support of it. Plus, a lot of attention and scrutiny came his way which probably made him uncomfortable due to his shy nature. I think he probably believed in the music but he could never get totally comfortable. I don't  think he was in any way out for money or fame. He seems like a guy who would shy away from the spotlight instead. If anyone is out for the money and spotlight it's definitely Tommy.

As for Robin, it may be a good thing he stays low-key. I'm sure he doesn't have much to say and it would look silly if another band members keep giving us these release date estimates that never come true.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2004, 05:24:55 AM »

Man it must be frustating being a member of GnR ! That's what made Slash crazy, as he wants to keep in touch with his fans, playing live, being social, and releaseing stuff, on his own, with others, or with VR.. You gotta give him credit for being available for the fans..

Yeah, I'll give him credit for not signing GNR items... Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...

You know, I understand that to keep things calm in VR, they have to push down the GnR fame, and push up their new band.. Scott freaked out about that sticker thing not so long ago.. But Slash have been signing GnR stuff for many,many years after he left GnR, and he still does it. Axl is still in a band called GnR, but I don't see him sign stuff at all.. A friend of mine got a GnR poster, and the AFD album signed by Slash when he played in Oslo 13.august 2004, so what you are saying is simply not true...  Tell me  one thing..   If you take all the stuff Slash has signed, and all the stuff Axl has signed..  and put them in two piles, I'm sure Slash's pile would be like a little mountain, and Axl's would be very small compared to his. Don't you?  ok

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2004, 08:16:25 AM »

If Axl was that bad to Buckethead I wonder why Brain didn't quit the band.

If you are familiar with my previous posts you would have known that I truly believe that in time Brain will step out of GNR aswell.

Solo work is not something for every musician... not Axl Rose for example.

Really? Well excuse me but how do you call this Chindem- odyssey then? It?s clear that there?s only one person calling the shots on this project?looks awfully much like a solo-project to me.

If you really think Robin is in it for the money than perhaps you should continue to talk about Buckethead.

No you're right Robin is probably still with GNR because of all the great live-gigs they are playing and the stable environment he is offered to work on some serious music.

edit: I'm not questioning the fact that Robin would rather be touring the world with GNR at the moment. It seems however that being a GNR-member anno '04 means that you're getting paid to wait...it's just the way it is. And Some people really don't feel like doing that (and I respect them more).

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 08:35:22 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2004, 02:43:24 PM »

I can't believe people still talk about the money issue. You might not believe it, but there are still musicians out there that play for the passion and creativity of it all, not just the dollar signs. I'm prone to believe not a single member of GNR is there for the money. They see the potential of this project and want to see it through. If the money was so important, they would be out there with other projects where they can be touring regularly.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
estranged.1098
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2004, 03:47:41 PM »

If you are familiar with my previous posts you would have known that I truly believe that in time Brain will step out of GNR aswell.

My point is that he hasn't.

Really? Well excuse me but how do you call this Chindem- odyssey then? It?s clear that there?s only one person calling the shots on this project?looks awfully much like a solo-project to me.

Do you believe the other members of the band were lying when they explained how they put the songs together for the album?
Do you think an album where 8 people are completely involved in the creating process of the songs can be considered a solo album?

No you're right Robin is probably still with GNR because of all the great live-gigs they are playing and the stable environment he is offered to work on some serious music.

You're almost right.
No you're right Robin is probably still with GNR because of all the great live-gigs they are planning and the stable environment he is offered to work on some serious music.

edit: I'm not questioning the fact that Robin would rather be touring the world with GNR at the moment. It seems however that being a GNR-member anno '04 means that you're getting paid to wait...it's just the way it is. And Some people really don't feel like doing that (and I respect them more).

And I respect more the people who know what they're getting in to and respect the contracts they signed, even if it means having to wait for the album to be finished before the fun stuff begins.

-PEACE-

Cool
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2004, 04:18:06 PM »

Maybe Mysteron could update us with what Robin?s doing lately with GNR ?
 Roll Eyes

sweechile
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2004, 04:02:32 AM »

Maybe we could start a band relief fund for the current band members since we know they are getting little or
no pay.

i could send them a load of bread and beans,  and of course lots of alchohol for tommy,  and some toys for bucket!

can we do a coop on this idea?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2004, 10:08:28 AM »

it's like I said about Pittman: some people just vanish.

Pittman's safe for now - I'm holding him hostage untill Chinese Democracy is released.....
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 10:11:37 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
One in a million
Rocker

Rock N Roll LifeStyle!

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2004, 10:06:20 AM »

at robinfinck.com under nest, pictures, theme: record.  Huh

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
You know I'd like to hurt you
But my conscience always tells me no
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2004, 10:13:54 AM »

at robinfinck.com under nest, pictures, theme: record.

Where have you been? It's been disussed and it looks like he's fucking with us. Actually I bet it has nothing to do with GnR. He's probably working on his own record...

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2004, 10:21:49 AM »

Slipdisc,

Where Robin is in all of this? I think that he can't be too unhappy... He's getting paid and since he never showed any ambitions to display his capabilities as a soloartist I bet he has enough ways to spend his time.

Solo work is not something for every musician... not Axl Rose for example. If you really think Robin is in it for the money than perhaps you should continue to talk about Buckethead.

Solo work isn't for axl rose, how about regular work rofl
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2004, 10:41:44 AM »

then the members come back totally unrecognisble Roll Eyes
can't wait to see them peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2004, 09:04:36 PM »

My point is that he hasn't.

Do you believe the other members of the band were lying when they explained how they put the songs together for the album?
Do you think an album where 8 people are completely involved in the creating process of the songs can be considered a solo album?

You're almost right.
No you're right Robin is probably still with GNR because of all the great live-gigs they are planning and the stable environment he is offered to work on some serious music.

And I respect more the people who know what they're getting in to and respect the contracts they signed, even if it means having to wait for the album to be finished before the fun stuff begins.

-PEACE-

Cool

*applause*

Robin is a class act.
Since RIR3 when he performed Sossego... and then at the Hard Rock where he crowd surfed...  he has won my heart

Robin's message "To GN'R fans" that popped up on his website earlier this year was very cool.

"...touring and touring and touring."

Robin and Tommy are easily my favorite members of the new lineup.

Robin love
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2004, 11:20:47 PM »

yeah i like Robin - i saw him live with NIN in 2000 and he has awesome stage presence.
He's not a huge talker though is he? I mean he doesnt generally do a lot of press and he hasnt been doing solo stuff like Tommy and Dizzy.
So anyone with any new thoughts to this new guitarist thing? ie. are they going to replace Buckethead and/or re=-do his parts on CD??
Man I hope not - I was so looking foward to hearing his contributions on a studio GNR record - I think he could be the catalyst for an amazing record  ok

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2004, 01:41:02 AM »

I hope he has been in the 'woodshed' practicing his ass off. In my opinion, Slash is more technically proficent than Robin but with all that down time, he could come back one hell of a player and show all the haters that he isnt as sloppy as they thought.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2004, 12:36:43 PM »

Slipdisc..... If you are true friends with someone as Brain and Buckethead seem to be, and then one of you gets treated horribly by a band member and made to leave, you don't hang around and eventually leave like you keep saying Brain will. You'd be out the door straight away.

Brain still being in the band speaks far more for the idea that it was Buckethead who was the problem, not Axl.

@#$%Funker
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: