Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:03:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Which CD song intrigues you the most?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which CD song intrigues you the most?  (Read 8810 times)
kever20
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2005, 06:59:36 PM »

I'd love to hear all of thhe newer material as finished studio tracks. "This I Love" sounded cool. So did "There Was A Time". I don't remember ever hearing about "Catcher In The Rye" being about John Lennon, but hey: it was a fuckin great book!

Kevin Miller

Convicted for murder,
The bastards run free
Out on parole, out on the prowl
Freed on the bail paid by the thief
Justice supreme, the liars all ream
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2005, 08:34:55 PM »

The Blues speakes to me man, that song is fuckin' magic!!!!

But Chinese Democracy is what im itchin to hear studio. There's heeps of shit happening everywhere, Robin's solo is fuckin' mean as, n' the effects comin' from Chris n' Dizzy is increadible!! ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2005, 06:56:32 PM »

Someone in this thread wondered if the song CD would be on the album. I also heard somewhere that it might not be on there. I will be severely disappointed if its not on the album. Out of the songs we've heard so far, it would be the best track to open the album with. And someone also acted like I was crazy for mentioning Sarah Mclachlan on CD. Its kind of a known fact that she worked on the album several years ago. Whether her material appears on CD remains to be seen.

mike_giuliana
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2005, 07:10:09 PM »

nothing so far has really sucked me in, but I do really look forward to hearing what is on the album.. beer
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »

Mike, NOTHING has sucked you in? Not even the song Chinese Democracy?? In my opinion, this is a very underrated song. I think if this song had been released in 1999 or 2000 it could have done some serious damage on the charts. Possibly even going to number 1. But of course, Axl missed the boat. I'll never understand why the album wasn't released during that 2 year time frame. The music scene at that time was a total bore. That was the perfect time for an Axl ressurection. He'll never have such a grand opportunity again. U2 is the top band right now. You've got a new NIN album. New VR coming pretty soon. And according to Chris Cornell, the next Audioslave album is going to be mindblowing! I just can't picture Axl releasing an album with all these bands(and many more) having albums released this year.

mike_giuliana
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2005, 05:31:22 AM »

Yeah dude nothing has done that for me..  I personally think the ballads are alot better then the rockers this time around.. I won't count irs, but rhiad, and silkworms are just not good.. I just don't think rhiad live is good.. Silkworms just isn't my type of music.. I don't mind cd, but I think musically oh my god is superior and we all know the damage it did on the charts in 1999.. Maybe if axl pushed the issue it would have done better..  It did get a few months of airtime in 1999 on my local radio station 92.3 k rock in nyc... It did get an interview with kurt loder, and was included in arnold's film yet didn't hold on tight.. I think certain bands need to come baxck when the time is right.. if you take soundgarden, or nirvana and put them out in 1988 I don't think they would have done well.. 1999 was a big time for korn, rage and shit like that, gnr might not have fit in there.. Same way whitesnake, poison, crue and so on didn't fit in 93...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2005, 05:55:27 AM »

Mike, I agree with most of your CD analysis. Rhiad is horrible!! I'm surprised Axl didn't walk off the stage in disgust while singing the song. I like the music of it, but he just sounds awful on it. I'm hoping a studio version of it is better. Silkworms is total shit! If I see Silkworms on the tracklist for CD, I'm going to really worry about the quality of the album. If Axl has hundreds of songs like some of the people here think, there is no reason for Silkworms to be on CD. I disagree with you about Oh My God being better than CD. I think Oh My God and Silkworms are relics from the Industrial/Techno album that he never released. Remember the bad reaction from Oh My God? The excuse was hysterical: It was a Demo! LMAO!! Who on earth would release a demo on a soundtrack after 6 years of silence?? Why didn't Axl pull out one of his "Big Guns" at that point in time?? Axl's career decisions never cease to amaze me.

mike_giuliana
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2005, 07:35:23 AM »

Well I don't like oh my god singing wise I just though of the two it has better instrumentals... For me neither are songs I want to play over and over.. Yes omg had that industrial sound which really isn't my thing, obscure noises in the background... I liked it because it had flow.. All the new songs are very lathargic imo, take old songs like dtj ycbm perfect crime ,they have a really catchy uplifting sound..  I think axl was possibly trying  robert plant type soundfor rhiad but his oohhs just sounded like a mating call, it didn't cut the mustard for me.. It's one of those songs where I felt bad for him.. Ever gringe when someone is sounding bad, well that is how I felt..

I think axl's voice is suited for songs like maddy.. I have enjoyed the song live..  Not a big fav, it does drag on for me.. I know some like the civl war type banter in there but I don't like the mix with several clips of mlt mjf and so on..

I have no doubt in this day and age that axl has perfected his sound on the audio for a studio album.. I will have to se again live, he did awesome at msg when I was there.. Was cool to see him.. Another thing I look forward tio again is seeing them live minus BH, they guy has tons of talent, just wasn't my thing, the image ,the nun chucks, the willy wonka/star wars, the handing out of toys.. That is my equivelant to matt's tokyo drum solo.. Not needed and takes away from more songs..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2005, 07:58:11 AM »

You seen them at MSG? Lucky you! The tour was cancelled before it came to my area.

mike_giuliana
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2005, 08:04:48 AM »

You seen them at MSG? Lucky you! The tour was cancelled before it came to my area.

Yeah floor seats, lots of drinking and lots of talking to older gnr fans sporting their old clothes.. Saw some amazing t shirts and jackets.. I stayed around talking while the two opening acts played.. Many of us were skeptical to see what this new band was all about.. Really good show though.. SUcks about the future..

I don' think anyone ever listens to what I has said, but I email CC a few days after the concert in philly was over and they claimed the gnr team was cacelling hotel reservations and buses before philly happened..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2005, 08:19:21 AM »

the final versions of "the blues" and "madagascar": they could be HUGE. I mean instant classics.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2005, 08:29:05 AM »

Nesquick, The Blues definitely has potential. I kind of see it as an anti-love song. Alot of people think its about the ex members, but I think its about a consuming obsession with a woman. I would like to see a very dark and cynical video to accompany this song. Get an A list actress like Halle Berry or Angie Harmon to star in the video. Have Axl following her around everywhere she goes. Maybe have Axl going into a fit of rage when he sees her with another man. Axl if you're reading this: Please steal this idea!!

mike_giuliana
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2005, 08:31:07 AM »

Nesquick, The Blues definitely has potential. I kind of see it as an anti-love song. Alot of people think its about the ex members, but I think its about a consuming obsession with a woman. I would like to see a very dark and cynical video to accompany this song. Get an A list actress like Halle Berry or Angie Harmon to star in the video. Have Axl following her around everywhere she goes. Maybe have Axl going into a fit of rage when he sees her with another man. Axl if you're reading this: Please steal this idea!!
Sounds good but lets use angelina jolie instead.. love She'd make anyone go mad
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2005, 08:36:54 AM »

I like Angelina Jolie too, but she tries too hard at being over the top. My picks were better!! LMAO!!

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2005, 09:08:12 AM »

...EPICS!!!! yes

Hear hear, gigantic epic mutant rockers with some pinches of pathos n ethos.  ok

That's what I'm longing for.
mike_giuliana
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2005, 09:27:45 AM »

help me out ppbebe what is pathos and ethos? Huh
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2005, 02:35:45 PM »

Thanks ESTRANGED, haha I guess they're actually greek. Grin

help me out ppbebe what is pathos and ethos? Huh

Any old how I try to elaborate a bit

To be brief, in art, pathos is about emotional aspects of a work while ethos is deep impressions of a spiritual, philosophical or cerebral sort the piece makes on you.

for example if you listen to Zep, say, no quarter or Stairway to heaven,
you may get some weird feels. That's Pathos.
It's often akin to sorrow (over nothing), which might move you to tears and make you comfy at the same time.
If you sense some dignity or meaning in the song, such as the strength of mind, it should be ethos.

Ok, shit lame explanation. You'd better look into your dictionary.
usurper
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2005, 02:47:24 PM »

I want to hear the songs we have not heard, Axl's "big guns"
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2005, 04:29:45 PM »

Get an A list actress like Halle Berry. . . . 
Ah. . . AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry.

It's just. . .

. . . that was the funniest thing I've read all day.

If you were being ironic, I apologize in advance.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2005, 04:35:55 PM »

No, I wasn't being ironic, I was being serious. I hope Axl actually picks her for a video. I'm sure your opinion would quickly change. It would go from being funny to the coolest thing ever.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: