Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:04:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Which Nightrain do you prefer? Slash/Buckethead/Bumblefoot?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which Nightrain do you prefer? Slash/Buckethead/Bumblefoot?  (Read 21010 times)
GNRgroupie
Opening Act

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2006, 04:42:58 PM »

I'l Say Slash, Slash and Slash...oh I forgot Slash

SLASH SLASH AND YEAH SLASH it doesnt get much better than SLASH!!!!!!!!!

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

-LIVE AND LET DIE-
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2006, 04:52:03 PM »

Obviously Guns guitar man, obviously Slash, SLASH, SLASH, SLASH, SLASH, SLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 What a ridiculous question!!!!

To all the Axl' dick suckers Kiss, sorry if you want me out of this forum but i'll be here for you ok hihi rofl
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2006, 06:32:24 AM »

Obviously Guns guitar man, obviously Slash, SLASH, SLASH, SLASH, SLASH, SLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 What a ridiculous question!!!!

To all the Axl' dick suckers Kiss, sorry if you want me out of this forum but i'll be here for you ok hihi rofl

well, this makes you a Slash dicksucker!! ok

I just herd Rons solo n' it was f'kn mad as, im with this guy all the way, hell yeah, that rocked!! drool drool

i loved Buckets solo, the part he always added, but the rest he just stredds, Rons has everythin', he's the man!!

i cant get over it man beer beer
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 06:34:21 AM by ClintroN - Rise Of DemocracY » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
guns_n_roses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2006, 09:02:23 AM »

I'm going to that just because SylvesterStallone has asked me in a very polite way to do it!
First I want you to know that my coments are going to be as objetive as i can, so i don't going to say what's the better to me.

1) Slash: his first solo is very good, he's demostrating here his mastery playing original pentatonic patterns. He knows a lot of left hand positions to play the minor pentatonic scale.
The outro solo: once again, he's a master of Hard Rock blues playing. He is the lord of the pentatonic world!
Very good phrasing in two important part of the solo (Slash has better left hand technique that right hand technique).
Very intelligent use of hard picking in the last bars of the solo (like Angus Young). This aspect is very overlooked in rock guitar, so thanks, Slash!

2) Buckethead: the first solo (the one he plays after the one Izzy used to play) is played note per note. He even plays the last five notes before the slide part! I think he used the tabbook to learn it or he put a lot of interest to play good this solo (remember, this solo is not an improvisation, so it's need to be played as close to the oreiginal as possible). He's demostrating here that he's very profesional.
The outro solo is an excelent example of how to improvise lead guitar in a personal way. This solo has born to be improvisated but not in a totally free way (Slash and Buckethead allways improvisated this outro solo but they allways kept intact the principals licks). He plays here melodic patterns that you can find in all his discography (specially in Colma). He's phrasing here is SUPERB, he changes his left hand position in a very fluid way. This SOLO is AWESOME! You can tell the Randy Rhoads influence here! He knowledge of scale position is brilliant! It's evident he has studied hard the fretboard!

3) Ron Thal: He's a dissapointment to me. This guy has lot of technique but his solos are boring.
The first solo: he still doesn't know how to play this one. He improvised a lot and he is lost.
The outro solo: a lot of notes played up and down the fretboard with no melodic sense. He plays scales like when a person is practicing at home. He plays cliche all the time.
I think he's going to improve because Ron Thal is a very talented guy, he's got tons of guitar knowledge.

fuck man, you know too much ok just joking? peace as i'm a guitarist i understand what your talking about, not sure about the others though? hihi would love to hear randy rhoads playing nightrain by the way. shame we never will? no

Randy rhodes playing nightrain... wooaahhh that would be a cool sight. But i think we're a little to late to see randy play.

"Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
You know I'd like to hurt you
But my conscience always tells me no"
nonamethe1st
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2006, 01:12:50 PM »

The answer is always Slash on the old songs.  Why bother? 

gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2006, 01:21:16 PM »

Slash sound is like Jimmy Page sound

No no and no.  Slash doesn't have the Jimmy Page sound at all.  Id say Bumblefoot players closer to Page, just listen to a song like Communication Breakdown.   It's all fast, techinal type stuff.
cntymcshtballs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2006, 01:33:57 PM »

I'm going to that just because SylvesterStallone has asked me in a very polite way to do it!
First I want you to know that my coments are going to be as objetive as i can, so i don't going to say what's the better to me.

1) Slash: his first solo is very good, he's demostrating here his mastery playing original pentatonic patterns. He knows a lot of left hand positions to play the minor pentatonic scale.
The outro solo: once again, he's a master of Hard Rock blues playing. He is the lord of the pentatonic world!
Very good phrasing in two important part of the solo (Slash has better left hand technique that right hand technique).
Very intelligent use of hard picking in the last bars of the solo (like Angus Young). This aspect is very overlooked in rock guitar, so thanks, Slash!

2) Buckethead: the first solo (the one he plays after the one Izzy used to play) is played note per note. He even plays the last five notes before the slide part! I think he used the tabbook to learn it or he put a lot of interest to play good this solo (remember, this solo is not an improvisation, so it's need to be played as close to the oreiginal as possible). He's demostrating here that he's very profesional.
The outro solo is an excelent example of how to improvise lead guitar in a personal way. This solo has born to be improvisated but not in a totally free way (Slash and Buckethead allways improvisated this outro solo but they allways kept intact the principals licks). He plays here melodic patterns that you can find in all his discography (specially in Colma). He's phrasing here is SUPERB, he changes his left hand position in a very fluid way. This SOLO is AWESOME! You can tell the Randy Rhoads influence here! He knowledge of scale position is brilliant! It's evident he has studied hard the fretboard!

3) Ron Thal: He's a dissapointment to me. This guy has lot of technique but his solos are boring.
The first solo: he still doesn't know how to play this one. He improvised a lot and he is lost.
The outro solo: a lot of notes played up and down the fretboard with no melodic sense. He plays scales like when a person is practicing at home. He plays cliche all the time.
I think he's going to improve because Ron Thal is a very talented guy, he's got tons of guitar knowledge.

Ok just so u know Slash is playing in natural minor not pentatonic and he is far from the lord of the pentatonic scale.  Yes i no he throws in some pentatonic licks as they're all in narutral minor anyways.  And Buckethead destroys bumblefoot.  Its a close call but i enjoy Bucket's more than Slash's.  Yes i no Slash originally played it, so im not saying Bucket's is anything more than a guitarist covering a nother guitarist's work its just better in my opinion.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2006, 02:02:36 PM »

here's a thought. Maybe people are taking to Buckethead and Bumblefoot over Slash as these guys are injecting a type on newness into the old GnR songs. Imagine if either Buckethead or Bumblefoot were the orignals and Slash turned up in 2006 and added his magic, maybe then we'd be really blown away.

Or we'd be having the same conversation with only the names changing places. There'd always be those, who'd settle only for one thing and one thing only - the very one they can never have. Slash would get the treatment Bucket and Thal are getting, no question. There'd be those who'd embrace his work on its own right, but that would only arise to the fullest once he'd play his own material with the band, instead of reimagining other peoples parts.

Further developing this idea, if there's one thing I would like to see, it would be Thal being in the band in 2001-04, and being replaced by Bucket. The message board reactions would be quite something. 

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2006, 02:24:35 PM »

I'l Say Slash, Slash and Slash...oh I forgot Slash

SLASH SLASH AND YEAH SLASH it doesnt get much better than SLASH!!!!!!!!!

Amen.  ok No one can ever replace Slash. As good as these guys are on stage, the magic between Axl and Slash will never be repeated.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2006, 02:29:56 PM »

I am sad every time I listen to Nightrain and Buckethead's solo isn't in it any longer.. he just took the song to an even higher level.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: