Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:04:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Which is it-North American or Chinese Democracy tour?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which is it-North American or Chinese Democracy tour?  (Read 3318 times)
grog mug
Legend

« on: September 15, 2006, 02:07:58 PM »

For every show GN'R is playing so far, the promo list the tour as "The North American Tour".? I understand that Axl's stage design is all Chinese writing, and he's playing 5 to 6 new songs.? But what I don't understand is the tour seems like its being done in support all of the Greatest Hits/GN'Rs old classics?? The 2002 tour was labeled as the Chinese Democracy U.S. tour, so maybe we actually were closer back in 02 then 06 in getting the new album.? I realize it's the first time Axl has said the album is coming out, but is it really?? I personally believe him, but the time is NOW to start promoting this baby.?
Who knows maybe we'll get a release date in Cali?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 02:09:47 PM by grog mug » Logged
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 02:10:33 PM »

I am just trying to remain positive. Axl said it will be out this year and I am taking his word on it. Who cares what the tour is called?? I am just happy that there is one.  ok
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 02:14:18 PM »

I'm extremely happy he's back and wanting to tour unlike the 2002 situation.  I already have tickets to the TN show on the way.  I would just love for the element of surprise to kick in full blast and get some kind of release date out of no where announced somewhere on this tour.  It seems like a years in the making album would want some GOOD promotion this time around, that's all.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 02:21:36 PM »

The radio commercial here in Vegas is calling it the "Chinese Democracy World Tour"

Axl is God.
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 02:24:22 PM »

The radio commercial here in Vegas is calling it the "Chinese Democracy World Tour"

The radio commercial here in Tampa is calling it the same...

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 02:25:58 PM »

hmmm...I did see more then 1 add stating it was the North American Tour with no mention of a new album on the horizon.  Just the usual complaint of not enough promotion toward CD.  Can't wait until something official regarding the album actually does happen.
ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 02:26:48 PM »

I am just trying to remain positive. Axl said it will be out this year and I am taking his word on it. Who cares what the tour is called?? I am just happy that there is one.  ok

What point do we love hope, tho, without a date announced?  Mid-Oct?  Beginning of Nov?  By Nov, with no announcement, and the tour in effect, look to "early 2007".

A
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 02:28:20 PM »

do they use some new stuff in radio commercials like they did in 2002?

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 02:29:07 PM »

I remember back when GN'R cancelled RIR4 due to Buckethead's actions, and Axl stated there would be a release date in the coming months. ?Well this time he said this year, but didn't give us a date. ?I'm guessing management is still trying to work something out concerning a certain date, maybe around Christmas?
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 02:30:34 PM »

According to the gnronline it's The 2002 World Tour. I have a shirt from that tour that says Chinese Democracy, so I guess it's The Chinese Democracy Tour.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 02:33:10 PM »

I guess this is the first time the same World Tour name is being used for two different tours years apart.  I guess that's just GN'R's way of doing things.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 02:33:44 PM »

According to the gnronline it's The 2002 World Tour. I have a shirt from that tour that says Chinese Democracy, so I guess it's The Chinese Democracy Tour.

O2 was The Chinese Democracy Tour.
06 is The Chinese Democracy Tour Round 2. peace

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 02:38:36 PM »

Interestingly, in that Ft. Lauderdale newpaper article scan, it says "Taking you on a tour through the hard-rock bands greatest hits."  Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a band that's trying to prove it's contemporary viability.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 02:39:10 PM »

It surely isn't the first time Axl has said CD is coming out, but do you realise what's happening around us? The leaks, the shows (last time they played so many gigs was during the Illusion tour), the new songs, everything. And you're still saying we were closer to CD back in 2002? Then you haven't paid much attention to the band, have ya? Every single member has changed and there's a great chemistry between them. Hell, we even have guitarists writing new songs, instead of just Axl.

This topic should be Dead Horsed.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 02:40:59 PM »

The Appetite for Destruction tour, round 3, would probably be a good title for the tour.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 05:16:29 AM »

I've kept up with the new band on a daily basis, as bad as that sounds.  Been to a few shows since Vegas in 01, so trust me I KNOW the new GN'R like the back of my hand.  I just really want this CD to be promoted properly this time around.   bring it CHINESE DEMOCRACY U.S. TOUR 2006...the headline that would make me happy.
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 05:59:22 AM »

It`s the North American leg of the Chinese Democracy World Tour  Tongue

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 05:52:44 AM »

exactly
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 06:11:08 AM »

I don?t care about the name of the tour. What is important is that GNR are back again and they are doing great! Those of us who went to the European tour were very happy and now it?s your turn so, enjoy and go as many gigs as you can!

I believe Axl and his word is law to me. If he said CD would come out this year it?s because it WILL come out this year.If he wasn?t sure he wouldn?t have said it Wink

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 06:18:37 AM »

I believe Axl and his word is law to me. If he said CD would come out this year it?s because it WILL come out this year.If he wasn?t sure he wouldn?t have said it Wink

Yeah... We all know how Axl has always kept his word about this CD in the past.  hihi

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: