Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:50:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Which version would go into the HOF?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which version would go into the HOF?  (Read 10218 times)
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« on: March 11, 2007, 07:51:02 PM »

i have a question about the Hall of Fame.  Now I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not, so sorry in advance Jarmo.  Lets say that when the time comes for GnR to get into the HOF, which version of the band will get in?  What if the new band is together longer than the original line?  Which version will go in?

--Tommie

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 07:52:06 PM »

Both "versions", probably. Really, though, GNR is GNR, no matter who is in it.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 07:56:07 PM »

Both "versions", probably. Really, though, GNR is GNR, no matter who is in it.

yea i swear i posted in a thread about this yesterday.

i agree, GNR is going to be inducted and it will be whoever is in the band.   No doubt the original members who recorded on AFD will be inducted too.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 08:03:01 PM »

i'd be more interested to see which members actually show up. We knoq Steven will be there, but maybe thats it. I doubt slash duff and axl would be onstage together. But it would be cool to see them all new and old jam together. But i really dont see that happening any time soon.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 08:16:30 PM »

It goes by who contributed most to the group for instance with Van Halen, Both Roth and hagar go in but not Cherone.

Right now as it stands at the moment it would be the original band plus Matt Sorum.

Depending on the success of CD and future albums, the new members could make it but the old members so far have made GNR what they are as a band.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 08:42:53 PM »

It goes by who contributed most to the group for instance with Van Halen, Both Roth and hagar go in but not Cherone.

That is the best comparisson out there. Like the new band members, Cherone will have only played for one GNR album and short of having that album surpass AFD in terms of cultural impact, they will also be viewed by the induction committee the same way Cherone was when it came time to debate their canidacy.

Even though it seems like it has been a life time, all the new members have really done thus far to build GNR's legacy is play good live versions of the band's tunes. Which is why the selection committee has resorting to evaluating member contributions rather than just blanket inducting bands and all members who ever played with them. GNR is not the first band to go through this, and won't be the last. Thankfully though safegaurds are in place to make sure that only those responsible for making a band Hall worthy are recognized.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 09:09:43 PM »

Like already stated, the current members, sans Axl and Dizzy, haven't done anything to justify induction.

If Chinese Democracy is a smash hit, then maybe they'll get in.

But I really, really doubt it.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 09:11:19 PM »

If Dizzy gets in- Pitman gets in.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 09:11:36 PM »

That is the best comparisson out there. Like the new band members, Cherone will have only played for one GNR album and short of having that album surpass AFD in terms of cultural impact, they will also be viewed by the induction committee the same way Cherone was when it came time to debate their canidacy.

Even though it seems like it has been a life time, all the new members have really done thus far to build GNR's legacy is play good live versions of the band's tunes. Which is why the selection committee has resorting to evaluating member contributions rather than just blanket inducting bands and all members who ever played with them. GNR is not the first band to go through this, and won't be the last. Thankfully though safegaurds are in place to make sure that only those responsible for making a band Hall worthy are recognized.

At this moment is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and one drummer. I'm torn between stevie and matt.Depends how you view their contribution to the band. Who contributed more steven or matt ?
darkmonth
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 09:24:08 PM »

I think the original lineup would be asked to step up by the organisers.  They wrote and recorded Appetite.  And Appetite is easily the most important album they've made, or ever will make.

Chinese will be great I have no doubt, but it wont come close to the importance of Appetite, regardless of the struggles Axl has been through to get here.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 09:32:23 PM »

After this years debacle I am not sure there will even be a HOf, its all commercial shit anyways
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 09:52:11 PM »

We know Steven will be there, but maybe thats it.

Not to be an asshole man but, I can't really see Steve being alive by then at the rate he's going.   no   Cry
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 10:02:23 PM »

I think Axl Rose has final say of all the who , what , when , where and why once that time comes. I know that EVH is/was calling all the shots about VH's induction ceremony. It's really in the end who still "controls" or "owns" the band.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 10:24:11 PM »

The original band should get in.  Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven.  They created AFD, which put GNR on top.  So they should get inducted.  I love the current band, I'd prefer to see them play, I saw them 3 times in 2006, but let's give credit where credit is due.

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 10:26:23 PM »

I think Axl Rose has final say of all the who , what , when , where and why once that time comes. I know that EVH is/was calling all the shots about VH's induction ceremony. It's really in the end who still "controls" or "owns" the band.

Um, no he doesnt. And Eddie Van Halen didn't have a say in shit. Both Roth and Hagar are planning to be there, as well as Michael Anthony. If Eddie had any say he totally would have blocked Hagar and Anthony from being there.

As of right now, you'd never see the new band inducted. It would beg the question though....20 years from if CD is huge and the new band goes on to make more albums....could we possibly end up with GnR inducted twice?
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 10:36:32 PM »

i think its going to be a really long time before we gnr get inducted into the hall of fame. i think there will be a reunion before we that hapeening.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 10:38:35 PM »

"ooooooo wow! sometimes I feel like I'm beatin' a dead horse..."

Anyways, Guns N' Roses and everyone whose been a member through the years should be inducted in the Hall Of Fame.

After all if we went by "length of time in band" there'd be alot of people missing...

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 10:53:32 PM »

i think its going to be a really long time before we gnr get inducted into the hall of fame. i think there will be a reunion before we that hapeening.

They're eligible in 2011 or 2012 - so assuming they make it in their first year on the ballot, that's only five years away.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 10:54:38 PM »

They're eligible in 2011 or 2012 - so assuming they make it in their first year on the ballot, that's only five years away.

You are 100% correct.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 11:09:27 PM »

If Dizzy gets in- Pitman gets in.
Roll Eyes Did he play on UYI? Teddy Zig Zag gets in before Pitman.  hihi

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: