Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:56:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Which version would go into the HOF?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which version would go into the HOF?  (Read 10217 times)
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« on: March 11, 2007, 07:51:02 PM »

i have a question about the Hall of Fame.  Now I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not, so sorry in advance Jarmo.  Lets say that when the time comes for GnR to get into the HOF, which version of the band will get in?  What if the new band is together longer than the original line?  Which version will go in?

--Tommie

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 07:52:06 PM »

Both "versions", probably. Really, though, GNR is GNR, no matter who is in it.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 07:56:07 PM »

yea i swear i posted in a thread about this yesterday.

i agree, GNR is going to be inducted and it will be whoever is in the band.   No doubt the original members who recorded on AFD will be inducted too.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 08:03:01 PM »

i'd be more interested to see which members actually show up. We knoq Steven will be there, but maybe thats it. I doubt slash duff and axl would be onstage together. But it would be cool to see them all new and old jam together. But i really dont see that happening any time soon.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 08:16:30 PM »

It goes by who contributed most to the group for instance with Van Halen, Both Roth and hagar go in but not Cherone.

Right now as it stands at the moment it would be the original band plus Matt Sorum.

Depending on the success of CD and future albums, the new members could make it but the old members so far have made GNR what they are as a band.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 08:42:53 PM »

It goes by who contributed most to the group for instance with Van Halen, Both Roth and hagar go in but not Cherone.

That is the best comparisson out there. Like the new band members, Cherone will have only played for one GNR album and short of having that album surpass AFD in terms of cultural impact, they will also be viewed by the induction committee the same way Cherone was when it came time to debate their canidacy.

Even though it seems like it has been a life time, all the new members have really done thus far to build GNR's legacy is play good live versions of the band's tunes. Which is why the selection committee has resorting to evaluating member contributions rather than just blanket inducting bands and all members who ever played with them. GNR is not the first band to go through this, and won't be the last. Thankfully though safegaurds are in place to make sure that only those responsible for making a band Hall worthy are recognized.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 09:09:43 PM »

Like already stated, the current members, sans Axl and Dizzy, haven't done anything to justify induction.

If Chinese Democracy is a smash hit, then maybe they'll get in.

But I really, really doubt it.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 09:11:19 PM »

If Dizzy gets in- Pitman gets in.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 09:11:36 PM »

That is the best comparisson out there. Like the new band members, Cherone will have only played for one GNR album and short of having that album surpass AFD in terms of cultural impact, they will also be viewed by the induction committee the same way Cherone was when it came time to debate their canidacy.

Even though it seems like it has been a life time, all the new members have really done thus far to build GNR's legacy is play good live versions of the band's tunes. Which is why the selection committee has resorting to evaluating member contributions rather than just blanket inducting bands and all members who ever played with them. GNR is not the first band to go through this, and won't be the last. Thankfully though safegaurds are in place to make sure that only those responsible for making a band Hall worthy are recognized.

At this moment is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and one drummer. I'm torn between stevie and matt.Depends how you view their contribution to the band. Who contributed more steven or matt ?
darkmonth
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 09:24:08 PM »

I think the original lineup would be asked to step up by the organisers.  They wrote and recorded Appetite.  And Appetite is easily the most important album they've made, or ever will make.

Chinese will be great I have no doubt, but it wont come close to the importance of Appetite, regardless of the struggles Axl has been through to get here.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 09:32:23 PM »

After this years debacle I am not sure there will even be a HOf, its all commercial shit anyways
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 09:52:11 PM »

We know Steven will be there, but maybe thats it.

Not to be an asshole man but, I can't really see Steve being alive by then at the rate he's going.   no   Cry
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 10:02:23 PM »

I think Axl Rose has final say of all the who , what , when , where and why once that time comes. I know that EVH is/was calling all the shots about VH's induction ceremony. It's really in the end who still "controls" or "owns" the band.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 10:24:11 PM »

The original band should get in.  Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven.  They created AFD, which put GNR on top.  So they should get inducted.  I love the current band, I'd prefer to see them play, I saw them 3 times in 2006, but let's give credit where credit is due.

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 10:26:23 PM »

I think Axl Rose has final say of all the who , what , when , where and why once that time comes. I know that EVH is/was calling all the shots about VH's induction ceremony. It's really in the end who still "controls" or "owns" the band.

Um, no he doesnt. And Eddie Van Halen didn't have a say in shit. Both Roth and Hagar are planning to be there, as well as Michael Anthony. If Eddie had any say he totally would have blocked Hagar and Anthony from being there.

As of right now, you'd never see the new band inducted. It would beg the question though....20 years from if CD is huge and the new band goes on to make more albums....could we possibly end up with GnR inducted twice?
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 10:36:32 PM »

i think its going to be a really long time before we gnr get inducted into the hall of fame. i think there will be a reunion before we that hapeening.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 10:38:35 PM »

"ooooooo wow! sometimes I feel like I'm beatin' a dead horse..."

Anyways, Guns N' Roses and everyone whose been a member through the years should be inducted in the Hall Of Fame.

After all if we went by "length of time in band" there'd be alot of people missing...

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 10:53:32 PM »

i think its going to be a really long time before we gnr get inducted into the hall of fame. i think there will be a reunion before we that hapeening.

They're eligible in 2011 or 2012 - so assuming they make it in their first year on the ballot, that's only five years away.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 10:54:38 PM »

They're eligible in 2011 or 2012 - so assuming they make it in their first year on the ballot, that's only five years away.

You are 100% correct.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 11:09:27 PM »

Roll Eyes Did he play on UYI? Teddy Zig Zag gets in before Pitman.  hihi

MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 11:19:17 PM »

Roll Eyes Did he play on UYI? Teddy Zig Zag gets in before Pitman.? hihi

I'd honestly rather see Pitman inducted for Zaum anyways.  Not only did he play synths, but he rocked the guitar and sang lead vocals too. 

It'd be cool if GnR were inducted the same night as Zaum.  I'm sure Axl would invite Pitman on stage to jam, even if it was the old band playing.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2007, 11:24:01 PM »

Um, no he doesnt. And Eddie Van Halen didn't have a say in shit. Both Roth and Hagar are planning to be there, as well as Michael Anthony. If Eddie had any say he totally would have blocked Hagar and Anthony from being there.

Roth pulled out two days ago because the organizers wouldn't let him sing onstage with Velvet Revolver.

Anthony and Hagar will be the only inductees present on behalf of Van Halen.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2007, 11:32:46 PM »

I'd honestly rather see Pitman inducted for Zaum anyways.? Not only did he play synths, but he rocked the guitar and sang lead vocals too.?

It'd be cool if GnR were inducted the same night as Zaum.? I'm sure Axl would invite Pitman on stage to jam, even if it was the old band playing.

Zaum??? You have to be known to get into the hall....

You're funny  rofl rofl
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2007, 11:35:56 PM »

agreed  beer

The original band should get in. Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven. They created AFD, which put GNR on top. So they should get inducted. I love the current band, I'd prefer to see them play, I saw them 3 times in 2006, but let's give credit where credit is due.

the same could be said for CHINESE DEMOCRACY when it comes out. When it does i'm sure they'll be back on top as they were when AFD came out smoking .................hopefully.

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2007, 11:45:47 PM »

Roll Eyes Did he play on UYI? Teddy Zig Zag gets in before Pitman.  hihi

I'd honestly rather see Pitman inducted for Zaum anyways.  Not only did he play synths, but he rocked the guitar and sang lead vocals too. 

It'd be cool if GnR were inducted the same night as Zaum.  I'm sure Axl would invite Pitman on stage to jam, even if it was the old band playing.

You're funny  rofl rofl
Lusk then. They were nominated for a Grammy once. But was beaten by the Titanic (but hey who wasn't?)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2007, 11:51:47 PM »

I'd honestly rather see Pitman inducted for Zaum anyways.? Not only did he play synths, but he rocked the guitar and sang lead vocals too.?

It'd be cool if GnR were inducted the same night as Zaum.? I'm sure Axl would invite Pitman on stage to jam, even if it was the old band playing.

You're funny? rofl rofl
Lusk then. They were nominated for a Grammy once. But was beaten by the Titanic (but hey who wasn't?)

Just because you were up for a grammy that no one has ever heard of, does not make you HOF material...

I know breaking news
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 12:00:59 AM »

Then the Hall of Fame sucks.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 12:04:30 AM »

Then the Hall of Fame sucks.

You're right!!!

Know what you should do?? Start one of those online peteions.. Stating that if Chris Pitman cant get into the HOF, then it offically sucks!! I bet you'd get half of the members inducted, to sign that bad boy in a heat beat!!
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2007, 12:19:46 AM »

Why are you trashing Chris Pitman on a GNR fan site?

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2007, 12:28:44 AM »

Pitman doesn't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

I like him, but that's the truth.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 12:40:32 AM »

Pitman doesn't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

I like him, but that's the truth.

Exactly  yes
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 12:44:25 AM »

You don't  have to be a fan of the individual members to be a fan of GNR. Just look at the people who trashed Buckethead, or Brain for that matter. And he may still be a member.

hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 07:03:56 AM »

Who knows if GNR will be inducted in 2012 ? Patti Smith released a masterpiece called Horses in 1975 but she's only being inducted tonight...

GNR forever !!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2007, 08:20:45 AM »

Who knows if GNR will be inducted in 2012 ? Patti Smith released a masterpiece called Horses in 1975 but she's only being inducted tonight...

Regardless of when Patty Smith released what; GNR will be inducted in 2012 because they had and continue to have a bigger cultural impact than Patty Smith. So did REM, so did Van Halen, that's why they're all being inducted closer to their elegibility date then she is.

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 10:56:57 AM »

Saw this the other night on TV, http://www.stereogum.com/archives/002397.html thought this is going to be Guns n' Roses but a bigger news story.  Need not say anything more, but can't see Slash or Duff doin' a Frank Infante, but I think Steven would as would Matt.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 11:02:39 AM »

Until the current line up does anything, AFD will be the only members.

DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 11:04:41 AM »

It depends how big Chinese Democracy will be, and given how popular members become. If in 5 years things remain as they are now, then the members inducted would be:

W. Axl Rose
Slash
Duff
Izzy Stradlin
Steven Adler
Matt Sorum
Dizzy Reed

These are the band members who are noted for being at the "height" of the band. Gilby Clarke would probably not be included as he made little recorded contribution.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 11:24:10 AM »

i think the new band is great.. but at this point no one can argue that they deserve to be in the HOF.  The rocket queen girl is more deserving at this point.. atleast she has contributed "voclas" to an album that has been released.  clearly the orginal band and maybe matt and dizzy deserve the honor. 
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 11:56:30 AM »

Regardless of when Patty Smith released what; GNR will be inducted in 2012 because they had and continue to have a bigger cultural impact than Patty Smith. So did REM, so did Van Halen, that's why they're all being inducted closer to their elegibility date then she is.
You don't know if GNR will be inducted in 2012. Van Halen released their debut album in 1978, 29 years ago. If they decided to induct GNR 30 years after the release of AFD, then it would be in 2017.

By the way, it's Patti, not Patty, and if you check any book about the history of rock you'll see that there are more pages about her than about GNR... Wink

GNR forever !!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 12:04:11 PM »

You don't know if GNR will be inducted in 2012. Van Halen released their debut album in 1978, 29 years ago. If they decided to induct GNR 30 years after the release of AFD, then it would be in 2017.

By the way, it's Patti, not Patty, and if you check any book about the history of rock you'll see that there are more pages about her than about GNR... Wink

I could care less how you spell her name. I'm not a fan of hers, but you obviously are.

Feel free to take your posts about her and how great she is to a board to discuss her with her fans. This isn't the place.

hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 03:55:19 PM »

I could care less how you spell her name. I'm not a fan of hers, but you obviously are.

Feel free to take your posts about her and how great she is to a board to discuss her with her fans. This isn't the place.
Take it easy man.

The inductions into the HOF aren't automatic, there are other factors. Maybe GNR will be inducted in 2012, but it's not certain; it might be some years later (or it might also not happen at all).
That's all.

GNR forever !!
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 04:02:01 PM »

based on record sales, I'd go with the AFD line up  ok
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 04:43:24 PM »

Take it easy man.

The inductions into the HOF aren't automatic, there are other factors. Maybe GNR will be inducted in 2012, but it's not certain; it might be some years later (or it might also not happen at all).
That's all.

No one on here said at any time that the inductions are automatic. I'm pretty sure thats common knowledge anyways.

The question has to do with which members would be inducted when GNR get inducted not if they'll be inducted at all. It's pretty obvious that they will be inducted for a fact.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 04:47:18 PM »

I only hope that they wont ve tributed by some shit band or something, that would suck
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 04:55:25 PM »

Why are you trashing GN'R on a GN'R fan site?  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2007, 04:59:40 PM »

based on record sales, I'd go with the AFD line up? ok

Oh hell yeah.

I can't believe this question is even being asked ?!!

The majority of people today wouldn't even be able to tell you "who's in the current lineup" ?!?

Just like w/ anything else........

My vote goes to old school..........    smoking

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2007, 05:05:10 PM »

based on record sales, I'd go with the AFD line up? ok

Oh hell yeah.

I can't believe this question is even being asked ?!!

The majority of people today wouldn't even be able to tell you "who's in the current lineup" ?!?

Just like w/ anything else........

My vote goes to old school..........? ? smoking

*bba*

ok but maybe in 2012 the new linup becomes just as big as the orignal. If democracy is a success and we already know that 2 more cd's are being planned after democracy. Anything can happen.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »

GN'R with Matt and Dizzy.  This will be the lineup when they go in unless Axl and the new boys have kick some ass in the next few years.  Meaning releasing new music not touring.  Which is possible but hasn't looked good. 
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2007, 06:22:30 PM »

I'm sure there are many legal permissions needed to use a band's name and likenesses for any purpose, so if GNR were inducted into the "Hall of Fame" as a group any time soon (not very likely) the organizers would be at the mercy of whoever owns the rights to the name, ie Axl.

I think you'll see Slash inducted on his own long before any incarnation of GNR.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 06:24:14 PM by 25 » Logged
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2007, 06:24:32 PM »

I'm sure there are many legal permissions needed to use a band's name and likenesses for any purpose, so if GNR were ever inducted into the "Hall of Fame" as a group any time soon (not very likely) the organizers would be at the mercy of whoever owns the rights to the name, ie Axl.

That is absolutely not how it works. The RnR HOF can induct GNR when the time comes whether Axl likes it or not, and no...he also won't have a say in what line-up is inducted.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2007, 06:26:03 PM »

GN'R with Matt and Dizzy.? This will be the lineup when they go in unless Axl and the new boys have kick some ass in the next few years.? Meaning releasing new music not touring.? Which is possible but hasn't looked good.?

If this is the case 2012 should be out of the question.. 2016 since thats 25 after UYIs were released...
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2007, 06:27:14 PM »

I'm sure there are many legal permissions needed to use a band's name and likenesses for any purpose, so if GNR were ever inducted into the "Hall of Fame" as a group any time soon (not very likely) the organizers would be at the mercy of whoever owns the rights to the name, ie Axl.

That is absolutely not how it works. The RnR HOF can induct GNR when the time comes whether Axl likes it or not, and no...he also won't have a say in what line-up is inducted.

Well, how does it work then?
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2007, 06:44:09 PM »

It seems to me that, since inductees are "celebrated" by a permanent exhibit in the museum which includes a "jukebox" of their recorded material and a pseudo-documentary about their careers, and since the museum is a commercial enterprise subject to all applicable copyright laws, the HOF requires the co-operation of the rights owners to use any and all materials they choose to exhibit. Therefore, they're only going to induct acts whose rights are owned by people who are willing to play ball. 
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2007, 07:30:39 PM »

The current line up.

Axl
Robin
Ron
Richard
Chris
Dizzy
Frank
Tommy

Slash will probably get inducted on his own

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2007, 08:18:27 PM »

The current line up.

Axl
Robin
Ron
Richard
Chris
Dizzy
Frank
Tommy

what have ron, richard, chris, frank or tommy done to deserve making the HOF?.. with robins work with NIN i guess i could see him make it.. but not for his work with gnr.. i like the new line up .. but they aren't anymore deserving than any other up and coming band out there that haven't released an album..  after i hear CD i might think differently but until we that day comes.. i don't think there is ANY argument as to what version of GNR will belongs in the HOF
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2007, 08:40:48 PM »

The current line up.

Axl
Robin
Ron
Richard
Chris
Dizzy
Frank
Tommy

what have ron, richard, chris, frank or tommy done to deserve making the HOF?.. with robins work with NIN i guess i could see him make it.. but not for his work with gnr.. i like the new line up .. but they aren't anymore deserving than any other up and coming band out there that haven't released an album..? after i hear CD i might think differently but until we that day comes.. i don't think there is ANY argument as to what version of GNR will belongs in the HOF

my thoughts exactly. though i am really impressed with the new line up, it will be the "afd / uyi" lineup that will more than likely be inducted. but who knows ? will just have to wait and see.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2007, 12:15:59 AM »

The Hall of Fame inducts WHO THEY WANT not who the performer wants.

Axl
Slash
Duff
Izzy
Steven

Maybe Matt and Dizzy

Guys like Gilby wont get in cause they were touring musicians and didnt contribute to what made GNR HOF worthy.

New Members have a shot if a few records come out and they become Huge.

If CD isnt massive, it would be just the original band.

Axl doesnt have to appear with the old band but they'd still be the version that would get in.

A Band is eligible 25 years after their first album is released. So GNR will be up 2012

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2007, 01:00:56 AM »

The Hall of Fame inducts WHO THEY WANT not who the performer wants.

Axl
Slash
Duff
Izzy
Steven

Maybe Matt and Dizzy

Guys like Gilby wont get in cause they were touring musicians and didnt contribute to what made GNR HOF worthy.

New Members have a shot if a few records come out and they become Huge.

If CD isnt massive, it would be just the original band.

Axl doesnt have to appear with the old band but they'd still be the version that would get in.

A Band is eligible 25 years after their first album is released. So GNR will be up 2012

They also set the rules on who will perform and what will the band perform. So the fans or Axl may not even get to decide. Just look at how the HOF handled Van Halen. Do you think  VR instead of DLR was a move VH wanted?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2007, 01:31:20 AM »

And the HOF would have a fun time trying to put their exhibit together if any of those band members who still have a say in the use of their music refused to sign off on it. Don't Axl, Slash and Duff all still have a measure of control over that? If so, it would only take one of them saying no to put an end to the idea of GNR being inducted.

Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2007, 01:46:49 AM »

does axl even care about hof?  cd could really screw everything up with that if he does, maybe thats one reason we haven't heard it yet

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2007, 02:15:12 AM »

Take it easy man.

That's all.

No one on here said at any time that the inductions are automatic. I'm pretty sure thats common knowledge anyways.

The question has to do with which members would be inducted when GNR get inducted not if they'll be inducted at all. It's pretty obvious that they will be inducted for a fact.
Almost everybody is assuming as a fact that GNR's induction will be in 2012. This is not certain at all.

GNR forever !!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2007, 10:05:46 AM »

Take it easy man.

That's all.

Almost everybody is assuming as a fact that GNR's induction will be in 2012. This is not certain at all.

I can't imagine how you would think otherwise, but again that's not at all what the thead is about.

Do you actually have an opinion as to who should be inducted?

alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2007, 10:11:08 AM »

That is completely ignorant. Only the "Appetitie for Destruction" version should be inducted, with some consideration for Matt Sorum and Dizzy Reed.  But, AFD is the ground-breaking album that should get them in, not UYI.

To say, that the new members should be inducted is so ridiculous I can't even take it. THEY HAVEN'T EVEN RELEASED AN ALBUM!

And, that's how it works. Sammy Hagar technically doesn't qualify because he has been in the band only 22 years (you need 25 years from your first release). The HOF made an exception. Gary Cherone was in VH, but only for a Gold album. The HOF balked on him.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2007, 10:25:33 AM »

if chinese democracy is followed by one-two albums and they are successful then, just then, the current line-up will be inducted. if not, then the afd line-up with matt and dizzy should get inducted.

as 25 said, the inductees are celebrated by having a jukebox with their releases so it would be weird at least to induct the current line-up if they don't have an official recording with the band.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: