Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:19:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Which radio station will plan new Chinese Democracy tracks?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which radio station will plan new Chinese Democracy tracks?  (Read 2813 times)
Oasis1
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: October 16, 2008, 10:07:48 AM »

In Toronto (and area) we have several stations that play a variety of rock formats....

102.1 The Edge is more of an alt rock station (at least it used to be) and play a lot of Nirvana, Jane's Addiction, U2, etc. When 'Oh My God' was released, I recall they had an on-air debate on whether they should play the song, not because it wouldn't fit their format, but because it was Guns n' Roses, and apparently Gn'R were considered more classic rock then new rock. However, this station does play VR and Metallica, so I'm wondering if they're just Gn'R haters due to how huge the band got?

Q107 is more of a classic rock station that play old Gn'R (Appetite stuff) and bands like Led Zepplin, older Metallica, older U2, Jimi Hendrix, etc...

97.7 is a station that plays a combo of both stations above (and they play A LOT of Gn'R) but they also play crap like Nickelback.

Now that CD is apparently coming out within weeks, what types of stations will play the songs? I would hope that most rock stations embrace the new sound, but I have a feeling some stations will be snotty (like the 'alt' ones) and some may be too old-school (like the classic rock stations).

I would hope Gn'R re-invented themselves enough to appeal to all, but I really can't tell at this point...

Thoughts?
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 10:14:05 AM »

I've been hearing non-stop GNR from 93.1 ROCK in S.FL  hihi

Don't Cry, Yesterdays, YCBM, WTTJ, SCOM, Nov Rain, and Live and Let Die.... all in 48 hrs. LALD twice!!! They haven't said anything about the album but I know they will definitely give it awesome airplay once its out.  beer

They obviously love GNR!!!  ok

They play too much Linkin Park tho...  no

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 10:14:50 AM »

I don't listen to traditional radio anymore, since I bought Sirius.  I figure I might as well listen to radio I'm paying for, you know?  But I've wondered what stations on Sirius would play new GNR.  The most likely choice would be Octane, which is like the modern hard rock station.  They played the new Crue, VR, ACDC, Metallica.  So I would expect to hear them there.  They hardly ever play GNR though, although I don't think they played much Crue or ACDC before the new stuff either.  Buzzsaw (classic rock) and Hair Nation (80's rock) play loads of GNR, but I don't think they play new stuff.  Looks like my options will be limited.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 10:48:11 AM »

Depends on the sound of the album as a whole.

Rock stations of all kinds obviously will play songs from it.  Some songs might make it onto Top 40 pop stations as well.

Here in North Texas (a bunch of stations no one here will have heard of, lol), 106.3 the Buzz will play them I guarantee.  104.7 The Bear might, as they're more classic rock than newer stuff but could play it just based on name alone.  95.3 up in Lawton, OK certainly will.  Something like "If The World," if released as a single, could easily get a Top 40 Mix played on 92.9 NIN, the local pop station.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 03:10:50 PM »

I don't listen to traditional radio anymore, since I bought Sirius.  I figure I might as well listen to radio I'm paying for, you know?  But I've wondered what stations on Sirius would play new GNR.  The most likely choice would be Octane, which is like the modern hard rock station.  They played the new Crue, VR, ACDC, Metallica.  So I would expect to hear them there.  They hardly ever play GNR though, although I don't think they played much Crue or ACDC before the new stuff either.  Buzzsaw (classic rock) and Hair Nation (80's rock) play loads of GNR, but I don't think they play new stuff.  Looks like my options will be limited.

I'm pretty sure all three of those stations will play the new music... as I've heard them talk about the album many times on Hair Nation
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 03:13:30 PM »

They play the hell out of Metallica's The Day That Never Comes , so all stations BETTER play GNR's new songs

novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 03:51:26 PM »

Yea in New York i hear a lot of New Metallica on 92.3 Krock all the time, and they play a lot of olg Gnr all the time. So i think we can assume they will play them.

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 03:56:39 PM »

Detroit's main station 101.1 WRIF has played at least Better & IRS in the past. They've always been very supportive of GNR. I'm assuming they'll be playing the hell out of the single if and when it's released to radio.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 06:30:37 PM »

in madison, wi 101.5  plays classic rock, AFD and some UYI. they played the new metallica cd before it was out. so that one maybe. also 94.1 plays alot of new hard rock, so that could be one also.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 06:32:17 PM »

WZZO and 107.1 THE BONE have played the leaks various times over the past couple years. I called in and got it played on WZZO's annual listener's pick day. Had to donate $25 bucks to a charity, but it was for a good cause ok
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 06:44:48 PM »

I'm pretty sure all three of those stations will play the new music... as I've heard them talk about the album many times on Hair Nation
I know they talk about the album, but they also talked about Def Leppard and Motley Crue's new album and I don't think they play any material off of those.  I could be wrong, I mostly listen to Stern, but I've never heard them play any NEW music on Hair Nation.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »

I know they talk about the album, but they also talked about Def Leppard and Motley Crue's new album and I don't think they play any material off of those.  I could be wrong, I mostly listen to Stern, but I've never heard them play any NEW music on Hair Nation.

yeah me too... I'm drinking a Sobe green tea drink right now and the cap it says "Who's High Pitch?".. pretty funny.  Anyway I think they will because I'm pretty sure I've heard Saints of Los Angeles on Hair Nation... and I've also pretty sure I've heard Sympathy for the Devil and Coma, neither which were released in the 80s... but I guess we'll find out soon enough !
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 06:58:25 PM »

All the stations would love to play Chinese Democracy  yes hihi

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 07:18:23 PM »

yeah me too... I'm drinking a Sobe green tea drink right now and the cap it says "Who's High Pitch?".. pretty funny.  Anyway I think they will because I'm pretty sure I've heard Saints of Los Angeles on Hair Nation... and I've also pretty sure I've heard Sympathy for the Devil and Coma, neither which were released in the 80s... but I guess we'll find out soon enough !
I've never heard SOLA on Hair Nation, it's possible they've played it as I haven't listened to the station near as much since that album came out, but I haven't heard it.  I have heard it on Octane.  They do stretch into the early 90's for some of their songs on Hair Nation, including MANY UYI songs.  You're right though, we'll find out soon enough if they play any CD songs.  I hope Octane let's GNR take over the studio for a night or have a GNR weekend like they did with VR when Libertad came out.

RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 07:27:17 PM »

I wonder if these rock stations will have contests tied in with the release.  I know the rock station here had a Metallica contest to fly the winner to San Fran to watch a private rehearsal for their tour...there's one on now coinciding with AC DC's new release.  It will be interesting to see what happens with Chi Dem...the hype will be fuckin' legend!!!!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 07:28:22 PM »

99.3 The Fox Vancouver BC

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 09:34:41 PM »

In Southern California:

95.5 KLOS- THE classic rock station
93.1 JackFM- Very generous with their GN'R offering
98.7 STAR FM- They play a mix of new and old rock, but they play GN'R a couple of times a day, even the long songs.
106.7 KROQ- They "presented" the GN'R shows in L.A..  Plus, they sprinkle in some GN'R when they get tired of promoting the usual CRAP.

101.5 KGB (San Diego)  The DJ's always talk about Chinese Democracy and how excited they are to finally hear it.

Long shot:  100.3 The Sound-  They're a rock station that plays almost everything except Guns.  Maybe with CD they will change that.

On XM Radio:

The Boneyard and Top Tracks.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 10:32:53 PM »

philly rock stations 94.1 wysp,933 wmmr.can you imagine the ratings when it's released on the radio 'it will be through the roof  ! !

the one an only horsey !
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 09:46:26 AM »

i apologize didn't read the whole thing but i am in good standing with a dj who plays new releases on his show incoming and he laughed  at me about a new gnr song'
Sounds like he may be a little out of circulation Roll Eyes Here in Seattle though 99.9 KISW, always hear GNR, even when the band was dormant, or 102.5 KZOK. Wink
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 09:49:35 AM by msaxl43 » Logged

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: