Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:19:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  which parts of chinese democracy have made you cry?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: which parts of chinese democracy have made you cry?  (Read 15098 times)
falungong69
Rocker

« on: January 12, 2009, 10:36:31 PM »

okay, i am not ashamed to admit it:  this album has totally made me cry!  sometimes i get a little teary eyes.  but every now and then i'll full on weep.  it's just so bursting with emotions and complexity.  sometimes i just get bowled over at how amazingly axl poured his soul into this music.  he just bares it all and it's geninuely touching.

so how many other people are willing to man up and admit that they cry at the album?  which parts get you the most?

i'll go first...

catcher in the rye....  from the 2:00-2:13 mark when the marching drums come in with the strings.  whoa.  i can totally imagine john lennon leading a march of decesaed souls into heaven.  truly visionary.

street of dreams... the lyric 'what i thought was beautiful don't live inside of you anymore!'  that one is very personal, but it reminds me of a girlfriend that i had once and a choice she made that i did not support and how it eventually drove us apart.  things were never the same after she ruined all that we had.

this i love... basically the entire song form start to finish.  but especially the guitar solo.  it's honestly one of the greatest guitar solos of all time and when i hear it, i can just imagine axl's heart breaking.  it's amazing how there is a symphony playing behind the guitar solo and they combine to make something even more powerful and special than regular classical music.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 10:58:24 PM »

I was just being a smart ass; I love the album and really don't give a shit about sales or commercial success.  What made me fall in love with Axl and Gnr in the first place was how they were so anti-commercial yet managed to be such a smash commercial success from 88 - 93. It was like the sleazy burn out kid who is a genius but hides out in his van at high school skipping class, nipping whiskey and listening to old Iron Maiden tapes and then somehow becomes the homecoming king and gets the spot light on him for a weekend. In the analogical metaphor, 87-92/93 was that era when Gnr owned the world.

Seriously, my wife gets mad at me because I go off into our car and listen to the cd almost every night (better speakers, solitude, and dark) and close my eyes and just process and digest the album. For example, tonight I just realized that during the chorus of There was a Time, Axl dubs in a deep harmony behind his lead vocals. I just keep finding more and more hidden treasures on this album.

1. I cry during all of Catcher in the Rye (the song made me feel like a 16 year old kid again, smoking pot and drinking whiskey in the back of a van at a party; it has a real nostalgic, old-school Gnr feel to it. It makes rock n roll seem fresh again, and I feel like a kid when I hear it)
2. I cry during the "I just can't let it die, her hearts just like mine" and " I searched the universe" parts of "This I Love"
3. All of Madagascar and Street of Dreams because they are so awesome and it feels good to hear a confident Axl
4. Better when it comes on the radio (it feels good to hear Axl back on mainstream rock radio)
5. "Use and confuse them, they're numb and naive" Sorry
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 11:10:19 PM »

The following part of This I Love made me cry after several listenings:

''confessions to a crime, of passions that won't die... in my hea [extended ''a''] rt''

How can a human being write that kind of masterpiece on his own?

All I know is I can knock tyson out if I'm listening to Bumblefoot's solo ar Riad  peace

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 02:04:48 AM »

I guess the part when the clock hit 10:a.m. and Best Buy opened that amazing day, and definitely the part when I held the album, my precious, in my hands for the first time.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 02:17:52 AM »

I guess I haven't had many bad things happen to me in life that would aid a GN'R songs' efforts to bring me to my knees and weep uncontrollably.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 02:21:33 AM »

Haven't exactly cried yet.... But I came close on This I Love and Prostitute.

Axl wears his heart on his sleeve on those! Words aren't invented to sum it up... Pure genius!   ok

Stavanger-rock-city!!
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 02:24:01 AM »

I guess the part when the clock hit 10:a.m. and Best Buy opened that amazing day, and definitely the part when I held the album, my precious, in my hands for the first time.

Now that's some funny shit.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 02:30:15 AM »

Now that's some funny shit.

Ya, Best Buy opened at 9:00.

The murder trial is back on.  Shocked
Chief
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 02:44:46 AM »

oh come on, I'm pretty sure you cried when you heard that intro part of Scraped!

I guess I haven't had many bad things happen to me in life that would aid a GN'R songs' efforts to bring me to my knees and weep uncontrollably.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 04:10:21 AM »

I haven't cried, but listening to This I Love and Prositute, Catcher in The rye have made been kinda of sad in a way.  Just songs that I can relate to in life, and girl's i've liked.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 05:46:37 AM »

I don't consider an album great unless at least one track doesn't push me to tears! Maddie has made me cry sense the first time I heard it watching the Rock in Rio bootleg. Its very personal to me. And This I Love gets me going almost everytime.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Batuta
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 07:33:33 AM »

This i Love.

Shoked me on the first time i heard.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 09:25:23 AM »

maddy gets me teary eyed sometimes because i think it's amazing that with all the people who have tried to tear down axl's soul and ruin his life, he proves he's the bigger man by not stooping to their level.  instead, he asks god to forgive their souls.  any christians will recognize this as the same thing that jesus christ did when he was crucified.  'forgive them father, for they know not what they do,' is what he said.  axl says pretty much the same thing.  when you think about all the suffering that people endure to follow there life's journey, whether it's axl or jesus or anyone else, and STILL maintain there humility and selflessness,  it is really inspiring.   

so while this i love or the blues might make me cry because i'm sad, madagascar makes me cry in a different way.... because it gives me hope and optimism.
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 09:29:17 AM »

Wow, you are some emotional people.

I havent even come close to crying from anything on the album, but then again I dont have much to cry about there days anyway Smiley Lighten up people!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 09:36:01 AM »

I love this album, but I "Don't Cry"!!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 09:45:50 AM »

Maybe I'm cynical (or emotionless) but no music has ever made me cry. It just doesn't have that effect with me.

Unless it's really bad I suppose.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 09:52:58 AM »

i'm sorry, but if you've never shed a single tear to this i love, then you have no heart!

why do people think it's so bad to cry?  it doesn't make you less of a man.  i've only cried a few times in my life, like when my dog and my grandmother died.  but this album does it consistantly.  in many ways axl has helped me to get in touch with my emotional side by showing me how he did it himself.  i only wish i was able to write a beautiful love song that expressed my feelings about things too.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 05:54:01 PM »

none. Cd has many electric moments where I wowed, smiled before i knew it, jumped and danced up and down, wore goose flesh and everything but tears.

not as a part of cd but IRS (before cd) did make me cry. I will ever be accompanied by this tune when working against time.

duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 04:32:13 AM »

Almost cry when I hear the guitar in the right speaker in Prostitute at 1.41 - 1.43  love

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 04:52:46 AM »

Sorry solo first time I heard it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: