Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:30:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame  (Read 29943 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2011, 05:07:40 PM »

From Duff McKagan to the Miami Herald:

Were you surprised about the Hall of Fame?

Duff McKagan: Yeah, I don?t really know what to make of that yet. That?s quite an honor and we will see what happens. I woke up very early on the West Coast and I got a couple texts from the East Coast ? ?Congratulations, congratulations.? I had to get writing and get started for the book release and then go work out with my sensei.

Would you all play live again if inducted?

Duff McKagan: Oh, I don?t know (laughing). I guess I have to start preparing myself for these questions.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2011, 02:57:59 PM »

Votes will be cast by a group of more than 500 musicians and industry professionals; of the 15 nominees, the five that get the most votes will be announced in January and inducted into the Hall Of Fame at its 27th annual ceremony on April 14, 2012 in Cleveland, Ohio, home to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum.

So why are we voting? Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Anguro
Headliner

... I never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »

Putting aside the fact of who performs...... how to attend to the event? Is it open to public? Just being there is history......
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2011, 10:16:55 AM »

The ceremony will be open to the public, this year.  If GnR are inducted, I plan on going with a friend of mine who is also a GnR junkie.  VIP tables go for $50,000.00 or $3,000 to $5,000 per person.  Don't worry though, balcony seats supposedly are more reasonable at $100.00 or less.  Supposedly, tickets go on sale in December. 

http://rockhall.com/event/2012-inductions/
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2011, 10:18:18 AM »

Votes will be cast by a group of more than 500 musicians and industry professionals; of the 15 nominees, the five that get the most votes will be announced in January and inducted into the Hall Of Fame at its 27th annual ceremony on April 14, 2012 in Cleveland, Ohio, home to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum.

So why are we voting? Cheesy

I know - I wondered about that myself!  We have nothing to do with it!   
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2011, 10:54:29 AM »

Just listened to last Wednesday's Howard Stern Show and during the news Robin brought up the candidates for the Rock Hall.  Howard said that GNR was an awesome band and if any band deserved to get in, it would be them.  It was nice to hear.  No shots taken at Axl or anything.  They also played a clip of Joseph Gordon Levitt on Fallon last week doing his Axl impression and they got a big kick out of that.  Then the show ended and the first commercial afterwards was the Live Nation spot for their show at the IZod Center.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2011, 03:37:19 AM »

Hey gunenrs... ask Doug Hobson what think about this.  Cool

axlvai
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2011, 10:21:38 PM »

Is this topic still going to be a dead horse even after they are inducted? 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2011, 11:57:10 AM »

One more comment on this in light of Axl being on Eddie Trunk and they asking him about it.

As a GNR fan Old and new, here is what would make me the most happy as a GNR fan.

GNR need closure. I am fine with never having a "Reunion" as far as tour/album goes. Completely fine with that. The lineup they got right now is amazing, DJ was the missing piece and I think they have a chemistry and greatness and can't wait to hear a new album.

BUT

The old chapter needs closure once and for all. the way it ended sucks.I contend a lot of the problem with the old band were simply Drug and alcohol related. However, now Slash and Duff are sober, I would like to see just ONE night, they reunite to accept the award, bury the hatchet, let go of whatever grudge and then move on with a clean break that leaves a great taste in the fan's mouth and let's even Axl and Slash put some of that old anger/resentment to rest which would also be great for the both of them.

They don't have to reunite,tour,record an album, but just bury the hatchet, Accept the award for all the diehard loyal fans and then U no longer have that monkey on your back.

Can't wait to see his response.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2011, 11:28:57 PM »

One more comment on this in light of Axl being on Eddie Trunk and they asking him about it.

As a GNR fan Old and new, here is what would make me the most happy as a GNR fan.

GNR need closure. I am fine with never having a "Reunion" as far as tour/album goes. Completely fine with that. The lineup they got right now is amazing, DJ was the missing piece and I think they have a chemistry and greatness and can't wait to hear a new album.

BUT

The old chapter needs closure once and for all. the way it ended sucks.I contend a lot of the problem with the old band were simply Drug and alcohol related. However, now Slash and Duff are sober, I would like to see just ONE night, they reunite to accept the award, bury the hatchet, let go of whatever grudge and then move on with a clean break that leaves a great taste in the fan's mouth and let's even Axl and Slash put some of that old anger/resentment to rest which would also be great for the both of them.

They don't have to reunite,tour,record an album, but just bury the hatchet, Accept the award for all the diehard loyal fans and then U no longer have that monkey on your back.

Can't wait to see his response.

They are all older and wiser now, as you said man,they are all clean now and that seemed to be part of the problem with the break up as a whole. They went threw a lot of shit together, to me it just makes sense to except an award that they earned together as a band. hell as brothers. Just to stand next to each other for 5 min and say thank you and accept the award.

It Tastes Good Don't It?
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2011, 08:33:03 PM »

This may be the wrong place for this response but am I the only one that does not want to see an Axl/Slash reunion ? I want to hear more music from the current members, I would like to hear more music with Robin and Buckethead, and hear what new things DJ brings to the band. I am not interested in Axl/Slash. I am interested in Guns N' Roses 2001 to the present

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »

Im not talkin bout a reunion. Just to tie a nice bow on Original lineup and give the fans their proper goodbye. then move on with what u are doing now.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2011, 09:14:55 AM »

I'm as big of a fan of classic Guns as there is, and I'm not sure I'd be interested in that lineup making new music.
Of course I would love to hear new AFD/UYI caliber music, but I'm not sure they have that in them at this stage of their careers.
Part of me says that chemistry will always be there, but maybe the damage between Axl and Slash is beyond repair.
As it it stands today, that lineup went out on top. Maybe it's best to leave it that way.

I do agree though that it would be cool to see them take the stage for the R&R HOF.
No doubt in my mind they would still be the best live band on the planet, if only for one night.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2011, 11:18:30 AM »

Im not talkin bout a reunion. Just to tie a nice bow on Original lineup and give the fans their proper goodbye. then move on with what u are doing now.

I thought the line up gave its proper goodbye, they went out in front of 70,000 people in Argentina as the biggest band in the world.  I thought that "Live Era" was the nice bow that wrapped it all up.  That's what the purpose of the record was.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2011, 12:32:14 PM »

I thought the line up gave its proper goodbye, they went out in front of 70,000 people in Argentina as the biggest band in the world.  I thought that "Live Era" was the nice bow that wrapped it all up.  That's what the purpose of the record was.

I agree totally, what better way to say goodbye than to finish the way the original GN'R did. In front of 70,000 Argentinians, screaming their heads off, and on top of that to complete the longest tour in rock history with that same show.

I guess people could argue that it wasn't a proper goodbye, considering no one knew it was going to be the "last" show of original GN'R if you like. But I still don't think you could go out in a better way than they did in 1993.
JSMastro
Opening Act

« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2011, 12:39:51 PM »

I don't think anyone from the "original lineup" owes any of us fans sh-t.  For what - our memories from our youth?  They used to work together, and people quit the company for other opportunities.  Should I have a reunion from the grocery store I worked at in college in 1993 because the old boss is retiring and wants everyoone to make nice??   Wink

I suppose it would be "nice" if everyone was together for one night, in some respects.  But then, all Axl and the current members will have to deal with more reunion stuff ad nauseum, and I don't want them to have to.  This lineup has far more talent and a richer sound than GNR circa 1989...and I also want more new music!

Just my two cents...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2011, 01:06:19 PM »

I don't think anyone from the "original lineup" owes any of us fans sh-t.  For what - our memories from our youth?  They used to work together, and people quit the company for other opportunities.  Should I have a reunion from the grocery store I worked at in college in 1993 because the old boss is retiring and wants everyoone to make nice??   Wink

I suppose it would be "nice" if everyone was together for one night, in some respects.  But then, all Axl and the current members will have to deal with more reunion stuff ad nauseum, and I don't want them to have to.  This lineup has far more talent and a richer sound than GNR circa 1989...and I also want more new music!

Just my two cents...

I agree that they don't owe us anything. Doesn't mean fans wouldn't want to see it.
I hear the "quit the company" comparison a lot. It really doesn't work. Don't take this the wrong way, but no one cares about the grocery store you worked at in college. No one came to the grocery store to see you personally.
Guns N' Roses on the other hand, at one point in time, was the biggest band in the world. At a time when rock dominated the airwaves, they were on top of the mountain.

Axl, Slash, Steven, Duff, Izzy, Matt, Gilby and the current members of GN'R will have to deal with more reunion stuff ad nauseum until they are 6 feet underground.
That's just the way it is. While you, and the majority of people on this forum may have the opinion that "This lineup has far more talent and a richer sound than GNR circa 1989", you are very much in the minority.

Just like you want to hear more music from the current lineup, the majority of GN'R fans around the world would prefer to hear the classic.
I'm not personally sure where I stand. I know which band I prefer, but like I said, they went out on top.
I'd rather they stay that way, then release lackluster efforts well into the twilight of their careers like so many bands before them have done.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2011, 03:39:40 PM »

back then 7/17/1993 was not meant to be the last old Guns show.

and Live Era as a "good-bye"?? are you kidding? a 80% (or more) re-recorded 1998-1999 studio Axl voice on there nothing to do with the real live era 1985-1993.

Axl said in an interview with Kurt Loder that "Live Era" was a "farewell" to the old line-up.  So that's that.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2011, 05:14:19 PM »

Axl said in an interview with Kurt Loder that "Live Era" was a "farewell" to the old line-up.  So that's that.

Yes, and whenever a member of any band says there will never be a reunion, they ALWAYS remain true to their word.   I mean, there are absolutely NO examples in the history of rock n roll where someone said "no reunion" and then reunited later with their estranged bandmates.  Roll Eyes
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2011, 07:32:22 PM »

Yes, and whenever a member of any band says there will never be a reunion, they ALWAYS remain true to their word.   I mean, there are absolutely NO examples in the history of rock n roll where someone said "no reunion" and then reunited later with their estranged bandmates.  Roll Eyes

Not what I said.  Limulus said that Live Era was not intended as a farewell to the old band, Axl said otherwise, so that ends THAT particular debate.

As for people who are pining for a reunion here in 2011, have you not been paying attention for the last 17 years?  I really am shocked that this discussion still comes up so often.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: