Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:06:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Night on American Idol?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Night on American Idol?  (Read 25915 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« on: March 11, 2009, 12:23:47 AM »

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2009-1-13-monkeys-as-critics/posts/2009-3-10-recap-american-idol-the-top-13-sings-michael-jackson

Singer: ADAM LAMBERT

Song: "Black & White"

My Take: A Michael Jackson is a lay-up for Adam, with his upper register. He's overwhelmed by the band and the start and I'm immediately worried. But Adam finds himself as he goes along and the song shifts into a rock-n-roll mode. It starts off as straight-forward Jacko and becomes bigger and bigger until he's practically playing to an arena. He runs all over the stage without ever losing his breath or his rhythm, jumping around and stirring the audience up. Is anybody else ready for Adam's take on Guns 'n' Roses night? I am? I'll bet he does a spectacular Axl Rose. Is Adam theatrical? Yes. Is he frantic? Yes. Is his showmanship off the charts? Yes. His phrasing is better than anything we've seen on "Idol" since Melinda Doolittle. He plays ever word. Also, it's hard not to read at least some political statement into this choice of song.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2009/03/american_idol_top_13_michael_j.html

Adam Lambert, "Black or White": As Dan Fienberg put it, Adam is gonna kill it on Guns 'N Roses night, because that was a seriously late '80s hair metal take on Jacko. I agree that very few contestants in the show's history work that stage as well as he did tonight, and he's definitely got a lot of range and ability. I'm just not sure I like what he does with it.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 12:33:19 AM »

No please no....

so lame... so very very lame. Nothing good other then record sales can come from this. Think about it. You know there will be no songs off Chinese Democracy. So already the far superior CD will continue to get shafted and be further looked down upon which is getting infuriating. And it goes completely against Axl's  message and that as a fan, hurts. I hope this is bullshit.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 12:37:48 AM »

God, I hope not. I really don't care to see a bunch of amateurs mutilate the songs I love so much.

Doesn't Axl have to give permission for them to sing his songs on shows like this? I've never seen or heard of anyone on AI singing GNR in the past. Hell, they never even sang a GNR song on either season of Rock Star, even with Gilby there.

I bet those two posters were just being hypothetical, complimenting Adam's range by saying he could pull off a GNR night.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:54:29 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
Annie
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 12:41:11 AM »

No please no....

so lame... so very very lame. Nothing good other then record sales can come from this. Think about it. You know there will be no songs off Chinese Democracy. So already the far superior CD will continue to get shafted and be further looked down upon which is getting infuriating. And it goes completely against Axl's  message and that as a fan, hurts. I hope this is bullshit.
I hope so too.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 01:24:42 AM »

First time I will watch American Idol.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 01:34:30 AM »

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2009-1-13-monkeys-as-critics/posts/2009-3-10-recap-american-idol-the-top-13-sings-michael-jackson

Singer: ADAM LAMBERT

Song: "Black & White"

My Take: A Michael Jackson is a lay-up for Adam, with his upper register. He's overwhelmed by the band and the start and I'm immediately worried. But Adam finds himself as he goes along and the song shifts into a rock-n-roll mode. It starts off as straight-forward Jacko and becomes bigger and bigger until he's practically playing to an arena. He runs all over the stage without ever losing his breath or his rhythm, jumping around and stirring the audience up. Is anybody else ready for Adam's take on Guns 'n' Roses night? I am? I'll bet he does a spectacular Axl Rose. Is Adam theatrical? Yes. Is he frantic? Yes. Is his showmanship off the charts? Yes. His phrasing is better than anything we've seen on "Idol" since Melinda Doolittle. He plays ever word. Also, it's hard not to read at least some political statement into this choice of song.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2009/03/american_idol_top_13_michael_j.html

Adam Lambert, "Black or White": As Dan Fienberg put it, Adam is gonna kill it on Guns 'N Roses night, because that was a seriously late '80s hair metal take on Jacko. I agree that very few contestants in the show's history work that stage as well as he did tonight, and he's definitely got a lot of range and ability. I'm just not sure I like what he does with it.

i usually hate american idol but this dude does have one hell of a vocal range and enjoy is take on what he's performed; listening to him and some of the underwhelming VR auditions i'v heard online, I'd take this dude over any of them

most likely I'll get flamed for this so plesae, fire away hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 02:29:42 AM »

HAHA I told u guys to be careful about how much u talk about other people. hihi hihi hihi hihi

Hey, whatever gets publicity. U gotta give a little. Doesn't mean anything though.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 02:32:04 AM »

When will this be airing?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 02:51:59 AM »

proabably never
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 03:33:04 AM »

If you never watched or don't watch American Idol, you have nothing to worry about.

Really.
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 05:29:15 AM »

Well, some publicity it's not bad.

patcooper
VIP

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 05:29:55 AM »

it's a joke.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 07:57:04 AM »

We watch this show every year for some reason. Every since I saw that guy I've been hoping they at least do an 80s show of some sort. He'd KILL some Skids.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 08:59:54 AM »

HAHA I told u guys to be careful about how much u talk about other people. hihi hihi hihi hihi
Thanks for the advise, but what the hell the band (I mean the current band) has to do with this?

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 09:25:13 AM »

Take this for what it was, an off handed comparison to Axl's energy on-stage. 

Axl Rose, I hope we NEVER see a Guns night on American Idol!  My wife is a religious fan - and I have had to sit through my share of early episodes - used to be funny for the train wrecks (when they were honest attempts, rather than scripted BS to get on TV).  1 in 100 great singers -might- be able to pull off a decent performance...Carrie Underwood has done a decent Paradise City (after Idol)...but a full show would be like watching Wednesday night Karaoke, at some dive bar - the kind where there are 3 or 4 'Karaoke groupies' (fat chicks) that stay on stage all night, and drive away paying customers.

No GNR night, please.    no

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
AC
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 10:52:07 AM »

I cannot see them doing a GN'R night. Won't happen.

a.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 11:38:02 AM »

I don't care if anyone sings a GNR classic or 2 on telly. I'm still not watching the show.

Thanks for the advise, but what the hell the band (I mean the current band) has to do with this?

I don't get what you 2 are talking about. Huh
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 01:53:09 PM »

If they just had a GNR night on American Idol and GNR had nothing to do with it, OK, u can't fault them for that if they have no control

but I remember when Bon Jovi were on there, all the shit I took from people about it. And I admit, I hated them being on that shit, but u know, sometimes people do shit they don't want to for the sake of their careers.

Anyhow, I have told people to be careful how much shit u talk about other artists and the different promo things they do, because u never know what sort of Promo GNR may end up doing once CD is out.

If they were to now appear on American Idol, honestly, it would be a GREAT move but it would also make the hardcore fan groan louder than I did when Bon Jovi were on there.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 01:58:47 PM »

If they just had a GNR night on American Idol and GNR had nothing to do with it, OK, u can't fault them for that if they have no control

but I remember when Bon Jovi were on there, all the shit I took from people about it. And I admit, I hated them being on that shit, but u know, sometimes people do shit they don't want to for the sake of their careers.

Anyhow, I have told people to be careful how much shit u talk about other artists and the different promo things they do, because u never know what sort of Promo GNR may end up doing once CD is out.

If they were to now appear on American Idol, honestly, it would be a GREAT move but it would also make the hardcore fan groan louder than I did when Bon Jovi were on there.

its only a matter of time now when when when...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 02:13:10 PM »

Think Of the ratings and publicity... Itd be kick ass to see GNR being blasted at the masses. A whole show of classic GNR tracks then a actual GNR appearance with some CD stuff would be a massive advert !

(ive never seen AI)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: