Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:15:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Not a Word Yet About CD = No New CD Before RIR4
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a Word Yet About CD = No New CD Before RIR4  (Read 73128 times)
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2004, 08:31:35 PM »

Seriously, what good would it do?  You wouldn't believe me anyway.

I really have no reason to believe or not believe you. It would be really interesting to hear who your source is. I wouldn't jump down your throat if you said it was Axl or Axl's garbage man...

same here i just would like to know the source Wink
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2004, 08:37:31 PM »

What gets to me the most is that bastard website of Interscopes and  iwill harp on about it until it is changed.

I believe the reason it was changed last time is because of the general pissed off atmosphere after the FAILED tour and people wanting to know what has happened.

Then all of a sudden..news coming soon..jesus....i checked that site rehtorically for like 3 months after that to see what this NEWS was....er....can someone enlighten to me as to what it says now please?

Jeez its the  bands gateway to connect to their fans without having to speak to them face to face and have us all asking questions....

Im not gonna argue this point because its the fucking truth.

Would you all or would you not like to see a simple update on gnronline.com that does not include the word "SOON".

Fucks sake.

And sorry to the Lovers out there....i know im gonna get...this band dont owe me shit..and yes your right they dont and i dont owe them shit either but ill still go buy the fucking album!

**Twaddles off to the VR website to check for some BAND updates**

just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2004, 08:38:33 PM »

I'll tell you what, if there is no official news by the end of March Jarmo can ban me.

................................................................................................ (I heard you)....

same here hihi
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2004, 08:44:11 PM »

What gets to me the most is that bastard website of Interscopes and  iwill harp on about it until it is changed.

I believe the reason it was changed last time is because of the general pissed off atmosphere after the FAILED tour and people wanting to know what has happened.

Then all of a sudden..news coming soon..jesus....i checked that site rehtorically for like 3 months after that to see what this NEWS was....er....can someone enlighten to me as to what it says now please?

Jeez its the  bands gateway to connect to their fans without having to speak to them face to face and have us all asking questions....

Im not gonna argue this point because its the fucking truth.

Would you all or would you not like to see a simple update on gnronline.com that does not include the word "SOON".

Fucks sake.

And sorry to the Lovers out there....i know im gonna get...this band dont owe me shit..and yes your right they dont and i dont owe them shit either but ill still go buy the fucking album!

**Twaddles off to the VR website to check for some BAND updates**

hihi

I'm starting to think this silence thing is part of a plan somehow. Like everything henges on the release of CD (in depth interviews, updating the website, speaking to the public). This is a good plan... If they would have released the album in 2002 not 2004  no

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2004, 08:49:33 PM »

Dude the website was updated last year...go and take a look its awesome...a personal message from Axl, which reading behind the lines says:-

Fuck you for all your support.

Its beautiful...new photos of Bucket and Robin eating KFC together, Brain playing drums ona Kfc Bucket, Richard playing with a Britney Spears Doll and Tommy and Dizzy being totally cool and doing their own thang, perhaps realising that they could make more money touring on their own rather than waiting for "SOON" to occur.

Theres also some Mp3's as well but they dont work...maybe the advertisement at the bottom of the page saying : currently recruiting new webmaster means something?

slash2001
Rocker

Axl's Scottish ya know......

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2004, 09:02:25 PM »

Dizzy said axl is not holding up the album, so its the record labels call right now when it comes out i guess

I love how some people here continue to believe the band members.  They haven't been right once in the last 14 months.  Not once.  Their words are less credible than anyone elses.  If Dizzy says Axl isn't holding it up...then guess what?  It is likely that Axl is holding it up.

And it will take this band alot more than 1 month to promote their album if they want it to do well.  That is just ridiculous.  Look at VR...they started about 5 months before thier album is scheduled for release.  And if anyhting, GNR needs at least that much time to help repair their industry worst reputation.

No offense Dave, but stop being naive and stop believing what an increasingly out of touch band member has to say.  This thing won't be out before 5/31...guaranteed.

And Whiskey, does anyone here really give two shits about a GH cd?  I wouldn't buy that garbage if it were $2.  That release would be an insult to us all.

I may be too damn negative at this point, and I realize that.  But if you really think about it, I am probably more of a realist than I am a pessimist.

I will continue to check here from time to time to see if there is news, but what once was a once a day habit of checking this board has decreased to a twice a week habit and if this continues may turn into a once a month habit.  I just wish some of you would get your head out of your asses and realize that it ain't gonna happen before 5/31/04 no matter Dizzy or Mysteron or anyone else with no real information has to say.

/Tulip
I agree with this post entirely. Sucks to say but its all true.Metallex78 also puts across a good point.Wish I could be more optamistic but whats the point. I know when the release date is announced and I finally get the damn thing itll be the greatest moment in my sad life, i just cant handle this intense suspense waiting for something to happen.

"I don't know just what I should do, everywhere I go I see you"
The Blues
W. Axl Rose
Best version - Rock in Rio 3 - 2001
loretian
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2004, 09:09:34 PM »

Rock in Rio 4 happens at the end of May.  Assuming the album is released around that time, then it's totally feasible and fits that the announcement and a single would be out in March.  I may be a little naive, but I really do believe the album will come out at some point, and this time it does seem really likely.

By the way, if you want to question raoxsle and whatever, you might as well just PM him rather than discussing it in the forum here.  He's a pretty open and straight forward guy.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2004, 09:14:55 PM »

I have.

Maybe he doesnt answer cynical bastards like me!

Which isnt really suprising is it?

Would you?

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2004, 11:35:15 PM »

Argghh - this is all jumping the gun - let's wait for the release date.
Then start bitching again when it gets delayed!

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
raoxsle
Banned
Rocker

Raoxsle is dead. You may call me....The Joker.

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2004, 01:16:41 AM »

I'll tell you what, if there is no official news by the end of March Jarmo can ban me.

I don't need anybody's permission to do that.  hihi

By official news you mean?

If MTV reports that Axl's been shopping in Vegas, is that official?  Grin

/jarmo

Something along the lines of an update on gnronline, press-release, interview etc.

"There's no difference between me and everyone else. All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.&am
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2004, 01:20:37 AM »

i like jarmo's update more
its better than "stay tuned for news and updates on chinese democracy coming soon"
well rao.i kinda do blv you and really hope that v have at least a single
look at vr their album come out in may..they have a release date for the album as well as for the first single...and here v donteven know who's still in the band Undecided

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2004, 01:28:38 AM »

I'll be looking forward to March then. If nothing then...I guess I'll throw in the GnR towel. They'll be too many other cool albums coming out.
Giulia
Opening Act

Lost in the Garden of Eden

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2004, 02:27:10 AM »

I firmly believe it will come out, but not before March 30:

If you go to interscope.com you can find listed the "coming soon" releases.
The last one listed is by "snow patrol" (who are they? Huh) on March, 30

"Coherence is the only virtue of whom doesn't have imagination" - O. Wilde
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2004, 03:40:23 AM »

you got a right for your opinion but not to call anyone naive and stupid if they think it will be out before RIR4, if it does come out, thats if, i got a right to call you a fucking................. peace

your only makeing every miserable with your negative shit.
Axl said on the MTV interview after being asked when it will be out and he said "we'll see it, i dont know is soon is the word" and that was 2002 man, Axl has a masterplane.
IT WILL COME OUT

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2004, 05:16:00 AM »

Hope is gone...
seniorabreu
Rocker

Sitting in a Chinese Stew!

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2004, 07:39:32 AM »

We must remain positive ok

We are almost at the finish line imho peace
sandman
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2004, 08:06:34 AM »

i think there is no chance of it coming out before Rio, cause IMO it would be stupid to release it. i think you need to have a MAJOR buzz going before you release it. and i think playing a few live shows is the best way to get the buzz going again.

if the strategy was up to me, i'd have gnr play festivals all summer, with a single released in july, album released in september with a full world tour starting in the fall. with lots of other promotion along the way (radio, print, etc.)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
seniorabreu
Rocker

Sitting in a Chinese Stew!

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2004, 08:39:55 AM »

I firmly believe it will come out, but not before March 30:

If you go to interscope.com you can find listed the "coming soon" releases.
The last one listed is by "snow patrol" (who are they? Huh) on March, 30

They are legit even though I have never heard of them either.  Check out www.snowpatrol.net  no
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2004, 09:18:38 AM »

Well there have been some good points here.  And I guess I'll wait till the end of March to post my "I told you so" thread.  because by that time we will still have nothing.  Guaranteed.

Raoxsle has no real source or we would know about it.  He's like the kid that says "I know something but I'm not tell you."  And those kids are just out to draw attention to themselves.  So don't hang on his word, please.  And if I am wrong Raoxsle then you can go ahead and prove me wrong by stating your source, but my guess is that you won't because you have no real source.

Would anyone here be even mildly surprised if there was no word by July 1, 2004?  

/Tulip

p.s.  I have every right to be negative about this "non-band".  As a matter of fact, I have more right to be negative about this than you have to be positive.  WFT is there to be positive about??
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2004, 09:42:35 AM »

Raoxsle has no real source or we would know about it.  He's like the kid that says "I know something but I'm not tell you."  And those kids are just out to draw attention to themselves.  So don't hang on his word, please.  And if I am wrong Raoxsle then you can go ahead and prove me wrong by stating your source, but my guess is that you won't because you have no real source.

That's good advice and I agree with it.

Just because something is posted on a message board doesn't make it true.

I'd say there are only a few reliable places for news and since this person hasn't proved to be right about anything yet, he's not one of them.

I'm not expecting any album news, but if they're gonna play shows in Europe in June, they better start announcing them soon.

Last time they announced European summer dates, they did it in February. That was in 2001....I remember the Stockholm tickets went on sale in March 2001.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: