Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:02:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] The Apollo Theater ? New York, NY ? July 20, 2017
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] The Apollo Theater ? New York, NY ? July 20, 2017  (Read 180690 times)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #620 on: July 21, 2017, 02:17:52 AM »

I join with some others and moan.

Yes, the sound quality was great for us on the radio. But really what the fuck? I've seen this show, I was there. What is happening now and why?

Anyone care to explain about this leg and this weird somewhat private show.
This particular show apparently was something SiriusXM wanted. Howard Stern mentioned they had to negotiate for a long time to make it happen. Maybe they wanted a share of the reunion tour, to be a part of and secure a time stamp of the spectacle.

As for the upcoming leg, they are playing cities they didn't cover last time around, nothing weird about that.
I'd expect more of the same at future shows. So if you're not thrilled with what you're hearing, you might want to divert your attention.

Ahh of course, this was a business deal with some company holding Sirius. Now we tour America because there are many cities with sports arenas we haven't cashed in yet.

If this is how you celebrate round birthday numbers I have nothing to say. I will celebrate something very important in my life but clearly no one else cares so it's a little hard.

It's not unique to Guns you know, lots of band do 2nd legs in the same continents during the same tour.

Of course some bands are touring even the world. But exactly how many albums stood the test of time for 30 years.
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #621 on: July 21, 2017, 03:05:44 AM »

So.

No changes in the line-up.

No changes in the setlist.

Why are you surprised about the comments on YouTube/Facebook ?

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #622 on: July 21, 2017, 03:13:42 AM »

How did the worlds most dangerous band get so predictable and boring
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #623 on: July 21, 2017, 03:14:00 AM »

So.

No changes in the line-up.

No changes in the setlist.

Why are you surprised about the comments on YouTube/Facebook ?

For the 7 people on this forum that post   They are always baffeled when someone enjoy this version of Guns.    Everyone else with different opinion is wrong   This band can do no wrong to some people

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #624 on: July 21, 2017, 03:16:21 AM »

How did the worlds most dangerous band get so predictable and boring

It's a shame.

It's not just the set list.  It's the order in which it is played.  Nothing outside of the box   That one jam cover jam solo crap thing was so so so so long.  My god

Does rocket queen really have to be 15 mins long

Yeah a 3 hour show.   Cut the covers and solos and jams and bloated songs.  Just play a 2 hr balls to the wall rock show.  And perhaps once talk to the crowd.  Tell a story. Celebrate a album
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #625 on: July 21, 2017, 03:52:23 AM »

Look at this view, wow. Wish I was there.

https://twitter.com/Jared_Max/status/888294985224683520

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #626 on: July 21, 2017, 07:39:51 AM »

Haven't posted here in probably close to a decade, but I just had to log in and say wow, what a bunch of spoiled bitches you've become...

Instead of enjoying a full pro-recorded show after more than a year of shitty phone recordings, you all bitch and whine about band members, setlist, this, that...please understand that you are 0.1% of GNR's fanbase, no one cares that you follow every single show and know all the songs, intros, outros etc, most fans are just happy they get to hear the songs they really love, plus songs that they didn't think would ever be played live, like Estranged, Coma or Yesterdays.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #627 on: July 21, 2017, 08:04:06 AM »

Haven't posted here in probably close to a decade, but I just had to log in and say wow, what a bunch of spoiled bitches you've become...

Wow and wow, all those 1,500 or so ticket holders in a supposedly cool venue got the same as an outdoor venue of 80,000.

It just must've been a special feeling getting a ticket and actually being there. Surely, it was and then what happened.

Why was this gig done, for whom and what for? This just begs the question for some of us normal people. Explaining the situation would go a long way. Now all is left is speculation and waiting for a book to come out in 20 years.

Why not tell now what and why.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #628 on: July 21, 2017, 08:14:35 AM »

WHAT "situation"Huh
It's in YOUR head, nowhere else.
Are you owed something???

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #629 on: July 21, 2017, 08:23:05 AM »

Instead of enjoying a full pro-recorded show after more than a year of shitty phone recordings, you all bitch and whine about band members, setlist, this, that...please understand that you are 0.1% of GNR's fanbase, no one cares that you follow every single show and know all the songs, intros, outros etc, most fans are just happy they get to hear the songs they really love, plus songs that they didn't think would ever be played live, like Estranged, Coma or Yesterdays.

Well said (fucking millennials...)

I'm listening to the encore presentation on Sirius now.  So nice to have a clear recording.  How about we just enjoy that?
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #630 on: July 21, 2017, 08:27:08 AM »

WHAT "situation"Huh

Splash

/Mike

No one is owed anything. But for a very long time you wait for a birthday party and there is a buzz with some billboards and all.

And then you get nothing. I don't have any kids but wouldn't want to be in a situation where friends are invited and no one comes. Everything prepared for at least 15 kids and just no one comes and you have your birthday on your own.
fangbutt
Opening Act

« Reply #631 on: July 21, 2017, 08:29:35 AM »

Wow and wow, all those 1,500 or so ticket holders in a supposedly cool venue got the same as an outdoor venue of 80,000.

It just must've been a special feeling getting a ticket and actually being there. Surely, it was and then what happened.

Why was this gig done, for whom and what for? This just begs the question for some of us normal people. Explaining the situation would go a long way. Now all is left is speculation and waiting for a book to come out in 20 years.

Why not tell now what and why.
God you are talking absolute garbled shit mate.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #632 on: July 21, 2017, 08:32:08 AM »

Nah, that's not fair. There's only really one persistent whiner here. Pretty much all of the comments last night were positive otherwise- or criticism was reasoned and therefore valid.

Go have a look at youtube/facebook/other forum comments about this show, if you want to see some extreme negative reactions! Wow.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #633 on: July 21, 2017, 08:46:50 AM »

WHAT "situation"Huh

Splash

/Mike

No one is owed anything. But for a very long time you wait for a birthday party and there is a buzz with some billboards and all.

And then you get nothing. I don't have any kids but wouldn't want to be in a situation where friends are invited and no one comes. Everything prepared for at least 15 kids and just no one comes and you have your birthday on your own.

What are you even talking about?

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
McGann
VIP

« Reply #634 on: July 21, 2017, 08:49:51 AM »

I just don't get it.
Why do any of us care
What others may think?

We're getting great shows
By a band most of us love...
A band that sounds great...

Playing their big hits
For a mainstream audience...
That's what those fans want.

A few of my friends
Have seen Guns on this tour...
They were ecstatic!

They don't read setlists...
Many do not own CD
They're getting just what they want!

I'd love new music
But it may or may not come...
And that's no big deal.

It's not about me
It's about making money...
Nothing wrong with that.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
izzyjim
Rocker

« Reply #635 on: July 21, 2017, 08:52:00 AM »

WHAT "situation"Huh

Splash

/Mike

What are you even talking about?

I don't know but now I'm pissed cause i want a fucking cake  rant
McGann
VIP

« Reply #636 on: July 21, 2017, 08:57:19 AM »

Oh man, cake sounds good...
Sadly, I'm cutting carbs now.
Funfetti...I yearn...

Splash

/Mike

-Mike McGann
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #637 on: July 21, 2017, 09:00:29 AM »

I just don't get it.
Why do any of us care
What others may think?

Playing their big hits

A few of my friends
They were ecstatic!

Many do not own CD

I'd love new music
And that's no big deal.

It's not about me
Nothing wrong with that.

Splash

/Mike

Ok, so it's not about us, but we're fans, so of course we're going to discuss this stuff. The casual fans are having their fun, and will move on to the next 'flavour of the month' band. For a lot of us though, we care more than that. Which is why we're here in the first place. Discuss, debate, speculate, theorize, all that stuff.

'Why do any of us care?' you ask. Goodness knows! But we do! No changing that.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
McGann
VIP

« Reply #638 on: July 21, 2017, 09:10:12 AM »

I just don't get it.
Why do any of us care
What others may think?

Playing their big hits

A few of my friends
They were ecstatic!

Many do not own CD

I'd love new music
And that's no big deal.

It's not about me
Nothing wrong with that.

Splash

/Mike

Ok, so it's not about us, but we're fans, so of course we're going to discuss this stuff. The casual fans are having their fun, and will move on to the next 'flavour of the month' band. For a lot of us though, we care more than that. Which is why we're here in the first place. Discuss, debate, speculate, theorize, all that stuff.

'Why do any of us care?' you ask. Goodness knows! But we do! No changing that.

Very well explained Smiley
I'm glad we have the passion...
Our Fire still burns!

Splash

/Mike

-Mike McGann
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #639 on: July 21, 2017, 09:20:04 AM »

Not a lot of surprises with this band anymore, folks.  And that didn't start last week.

All I wanted out of this show was a great recording, in great quality, that I could put on my iPod.  I assume I will have that, so I am good to go.

As for the people with gripes, I'd argue that your expectations are ridiculous.  Can you sit here and stomp your feet about how they didn't play 'Pretty Tied Up' or 'Bad Obsession'?  I guess you could.  But I'd come right back and tell you that 'Pretty Tied Up' was last played in April 1992, and 'Bad Obsession' was last played in February 1993. 

So if you truly thought there was a good chance of either of those creeping into the setlist last night, you are living in god damn fantasyland.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: