Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:03:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let's face it ... it's ALL about Axl and Slash.
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's face it ... it's ALL about Axl and Slash.  (Read 3159 times)
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« on: June 30, 2023, 06:24:12 PM »

It is all about Axl and Slash's stardom.

You can replace the rest of the band,

and even, Duff Mckagan, but what attracts people is Axl and Slash.

---

Change my mind.
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 06:33:40 PM »

Take a night off man.

---

Change my mind.

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 06:51:22 PM »

Who cares?

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 06:56:04 PM »

My point is simple: most fans and people in general would credit only Axl And Slash.

Which is unfair for the rest of the members but that is just how it is.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 07:26:53 PM »

My point is simple: most fans and people in general would credit only Axl And Slash.

You just now getting that?  Everybody knows the pecking order. 

You notice everybody gets an introduction in the band but Axl?  Doesn't seem fair to him that he doesn't get around of applause just for him.  The guy works really hard.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 07:45:52 PM »

You just now getting that?  Everybody knows the pecking order.  

You notice everybody gets an introduction in the band but Axl?  Doesn't seem fair to him that he doesn't get around of applause just for him.  The guy works really hard.

I usually portrait him like a bad guy, since he does not recognise Izzy nor Steven.

When you say the guy works really hard, what do you mean? Most of his job is done. no new music, what do you mean?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 09:04:58 PM by Carlos Gunner » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2023, 11:44:53 PM »

You just now getting that?  Everybody knows the pecking order.  

You notice everybody gets an introduction in the band but Axl?  Doesn't seem fair to him that he doesn't get around of applause just for him.  The guy works really hard.

I usually portrait him like a bad guy, since he does not recognise Izzy nor Steven.

When you say the guy works really hard, what do you mean? Most of his job is done. no new music, what do you mean?

Just because Axl doesn't mention Izzy or Steven doesn't mean he doesn't recognize them.  There's still business dealings going on behind the scene we know nothing about.

Yeah I think you've forumatled an opinion of Axl without all the information.  The again you may need that opinion and that is what keeps the crowds coming so you're not alone.

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2023, 03:49:53 AM »

If Izzy really wanted to tour he’d be on the tour, and of course they won’t ‘recognise’ Adler or Izzy when they’re playing shows because the show is about the guys actually playing.

They had Adler guest with them, if Axl had an issue with him that wouldn’t have happened.

Izzy is also the only one who’s not kept himself relevant musically.

Axl kept GNR going, Slash had Snakepit and SMKC, Duff had Loaded, Duff and Slash formed VR. They kept GNRs music relevant in a live environment for 2 decades. Even Adler was trying to tour and play GNR songs.

From the little information that’s been made public by Izzy he expected more money, but in all honesty if he’s been gone for 2 decades why should he expect to get the same as the people who had been maintaining the legacy over that time.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2023, 10:06:16 AM »

Izzy and Steven have both performed with GnR since they left the band. I’d love to see them back but it’s not going to happen. Richard Fortus is a great replacement and an amazing musician. I think Frank is a great drummer, Steven has a unique swing and style and Matt also has his own style. Frank’s drumming with GnR has improved as time goes on. I think the band are sounding pretty tight now. Band is in a good place. New music is coming

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
asdf gunner
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2023, 11:47:02 AM »

---

Change my mind.

They are not friends nor coworkers now, for better or for worse. What is your need to post everyday about it?
Nobody wants to change your mind, just deal with it

What's so civil about W.A.R anyway?...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2023, 12:07:34 PM »

---

Change my mind.

Duff is part of the Big 3 thats what this reunion has been all about. I am surprised your not on your soapbox asking why isn't Rob Gardner on this tour or tracy Gunns maybe they should be acknowledged too.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2023, 12:11:34 PM »

Izzy and Steven’s skull 💀 avatar from Axl’s tattoo is still used in some promos too. They will forever be part of GnR even if they’re not currently playing with them

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2023, 12:30:23 PM »

If Izzy really wanted to tour he’d be on the tour, and of course they won’t ‘recognise’ Adler or Izzy when they’re playing shows because the show is about the guys actually playing.

They had Adler guest with them, if Axl had an issue with him that wouldn’t have happened.

Izzy is also the only one who’s not kept himself relevant musically.

Axl kept GNR going, Slash had Snakepit and SMKC, Duff had Loaded, Duff and Slash formed VR. They kept GNRs music relevant in a live environment for 2 decades. Even Adler was trying to tour and play GNR songs.

From the little information that’s been made public by Izzy he expected more money, but in all honesty if he’s been gone for 2 decades why should he expect to get the same as the people who had been maintaining the legacy over that time.
Slash and Duff only rejoined in 2016 the time Izzy was supposed to rejoin so yeah he should have been paid as much as them 2 if not more because of all the songs he wrote and he had played with Axl's version of GnR several times over the years something Slash hadn't done since he left in the mid 90s ,but who knows what really went on behind the scenes was it solely about money or did he just think that revisiting a part of his life with all the dramas and potential troubles with Axl and touring wasn't worth the hassle and he just thought better to sit this reunion out.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2023, 02:29:08 AM »

But.... What about Izzy?

Wink

What a Dead Horse topic..

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2023, 06:07:15 AM »

A repetitive dead horse.

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
cineater
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2023, 01:04:52 PM »

Okay, we are not killing him off because somebody keeps jamming Izzy down our throats.

There could be something to Izzy.  He could be that guy.  He could be that song writer that experiences life from the perspective the rest of us see.  Like back in the day when the band was just guys, not suffering from the fame and fortune brought on by rock stardom.  He may not be caught up in the whole thing the rest of them are.  He's that friend left behind while they ran up the career ladder.

Izzy said, good to see them, wouldn't want to be them.  He's kind of like Keith Richards.  It never got to him or he knew enough not to let it.  There could be something to spending some down time with Izzy.  Just the guys.  Barbeque, Axl working the grill.  They can put together a meal without any help or a store run?  Play a little ladder ball.  Do nothing but exist.  Stay for a while, work on some music.  Call whoever when they got something, let them work out the details of credit and money.  It's in the mailbox and stay the fuck out of the backyard.   hihi

I wouldn't bury Izzy just yet.  I'd take my beat up ass, aching back, sneak off and go find him.  There could be something there.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2023, 08:34:29 PM »

I give Carlos Gunner all the credit in the world....

.... he posts the bait, and you guys gobble it up.

Works every time.

rofl rofl
cineater
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2023, 01:35:04 AM »

I give Carlos Gunner all the credit in the world....

.... he posts the bait, and you guys gobble it up.

Works every time.

rofl rofl

But it gets you thinking, where is Izzy?  Am I wrong in thinking he was a principal songwriter in the beginning?  They haven't had a hit since he left?  Granted he didn't make it on his own but they haven't gone that far without him either.

I think about what the Dead did with Hunter after Garcia died.  The team died but Hunter still had it.  They let a valuable asset go.  Jerry would run off with him and they would come up with some incredible shit.  Someone should publish the works Hunter left behind.  There's a whole mountain range of material.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 02:08:28 AM by cineater » Logged

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2023, 07:57:34 AM »

But it gets you thinking, where is Izzy?

It gets me thinking that you took the bait.   hihi

They haven't had a hit since he left?  

They haven't had a "hit" since Slash and Duff initially left either.

Granted he didn't make it on his own but they haven't gone that far without him either.

Huh

For the last 7 years, Guns N Roses has been consistently selling out arenas and stadiums all over the world.... without Izzy.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2023, 10:12:24 AM »

I know different time different settings but Izzy wasn't made for World Touring back in the 90s and has never done a world tour to the levels GNR has. What makes anyone think he would go on full length tour when he hasn't been with the band in over 30 years.  Everyone wants to give all the credit to izzy for the songs him and axl came up with. WHERE are all those hit songs post GNR? I never hear anyone reference a single izzy song I was a big fan of his 117 degrees album but again did he even have a radio single post GNR? There is also a recency bias because alot of die hard GNR fans don't want to acknowledge Chinese Democracy songs but that album has really grown on me all these years later so while they may not have been billboard chart level popular i think songs like Better, There Was a Time, Sorry and This I love are amazing songs but because it wasn't by the big 3 or original formation it will be frowned upon when comparing to the earlier albums.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2023, 01:30:25 PM »

True none of them have had a hit without the others.  Was Steven a song writer?  He's more a music guy, right?

Yeah, the band is selling touring tickets but it's on the back catalog.  They are the ones wanting to continue to put out new songs.  They're okay with what they are putting out.  I'll just say, not their best work, next.

Sorry, you guys don't know Hunter.  He was not part of the touring act.  He only wrote the songs.  Not a professional musician.  Kind of like Axl said he was with the guitar.  Izzy doesn't have to tour with the band.  He's a little pissed about that whole deal anyway.  May get pissed if he's asked only to be a writer.  Then again, it suits his lifestyle.  This could be fun.  Hang with some old friends once in a while.  A place to release those song sparks, pull them together and put some closure on them.  I think he would find a lot of satisfaction in that role.  More than he would with a pile of money and dragging his ass around the world, punching a clock.

Carlos makes me sick of the Izzy topic but I like Izzy.  Reminds me of Keith Richards.  He's a straight shooter.  There could be something there with Izzy.  Cue the Abba music.  hihi  Yeah, I know where you've been.  Cheesy

GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2023, 04:08:19 PM »

lives in a box down by the ocean!..  Down off the main road by the hill.
Makes what he can with what he will………..

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2023, 11:49:10 AM »

But it gets you thinking, where is Izzy?  Am I wrong in thinking he was a principal songwriter in the beginning?  They haven't had a hit since he left?  Granted he didn't make it on his own but they haven't gone that far without him either.

[/quote]

That is true.
Carlos Gunner
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2023, 11:56:42 AM »

lives in a box down by the ocean!..  Down off the main road by the hill.
Makes what he can with what he will………..

that is amazing, bro, great poetry
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: