Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Budapest July 19, 2023
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Budapest July 19, 2023  (Read 1708 times)
cineater
Legend

« on: July 18, 2023, 12:11:47 AM »

Puskás Arena With Special Guests Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons.  Hot with a chance of rain.

Going to start this one early.  Only two shows left in Europe.  Been a fast moving summer.  Someone post the litho.  I might make it back for this one.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Michael
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 10:07:54 AM »

Credit to Luiz Berger: http://lithorati.com/2020tour/2023-07-19%20Budapest.html
Michael
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 02:01:35 PM »

Show started around 7:50pm and ended 11:15pm according to setlist.fm

It's So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Pretty Tied Up, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Hard Skool, Absurd, Double Talkin' Jive, Reckless Life, Down On The Farm, Rocket Queen, Estranged, Live And Let Die, You Could Be Mine, TV Eye - Duff, Anything Goes, This I Love, Civil War, Band Introduction, Slash Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, November Rain, Street Of Dreams, Wichita Lineman, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

ENCORE:

Coma, Patience, Don't Cry, Paradise City

https://www.facebook.com/Vynilmx1/videos/296615536071874
https://www.facebook.com/Geo78UMTm/videos/583697077029324
https://www.facebook.com/belovary/videos/249907404490609/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 05:41:22 PM by Michael » Logged
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 08:34:41 PM »

Such an amazing show, easily in my top 3 ever I attended!

The band was on fire, so refreshing to hear Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession, Down on the farm … and Coma was the cherry on top of the cake.  Smiley

Over 3 hours of music with so much energy on the stage so deep into the tour… I have no idea how they’re pulling it off.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 09:16:47 PM by gnr-4-ever » Logged

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 10:48:40 PM »

I popped in for two songs and they sounded great.  Michael, I'm going to miss the last show too.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2023, 05:08:40 AM »

AMAZING!!!! Axl is a motherf****ing GOD. The whole band was outstanding!!!
The gig was magical, the crowd was really into the show, Axl himself said the crowd was really good.
I want to thank gnr-4-ever for making it possible for me to go to the show, and then for waiting for me for 45 minutes Kiss peace beer
Every time I think, "thats it, Axl will lose his voice" he comes back even better... on the halfway he said "I just warmed up!"
Richard was surgically precise. Its always a pleasure to hear him play.
Slash is a legend! His aura and stage presence is huuuge. Unlike Fortus, he is not that precise, but he makes up with his feel... At least once he messed up the solo completely rofl who gives a *****, but then unleashes the dragon within...
Duff is by far the coolest guy on stage   Cool
Like I said in another thread, I was also at the Bucharest show... It was a good show but not spectacular. Last night was pure magic. Coma was such a pleasant surprise, so was Street of dreams and This I love, but Coma sounds amazing live!!! Its such a great song! And while speaking of songs played live, Absurd sounds great and has a great energy! that was a pleasant surprise ok
Like gnr-4-ever said, the Budapest show comes easily in my top 3
Like Poland in 2018, this was also the penultimate show of the tour (part of the tour) AMAZING
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 05:19:58 AM by Vezara » Logged
jordinho
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2023, 08:47:47 AM »

After seeing some disappointing shows last summer I wasn't planning on going this year,  but as fate would have it I was planning on driving to Bratislava this week and on Monday I bought a ticket on my night in Germany. What's a few more hours when you've already driven for three days?   Smiley

Did they get a new sound guy? I watched the Glastonbury stream and wasn't too impressed, but it's usually better in a closed stadium. Last night was the best sound experience ever at an outdoor venue. You could hear everyone loud and clear in the mix while still having the beat of bass and drums. Even the little things Melissa and Dizzy do were coming through. Seemed like they were pushing up Axl when he was singing and then the guitars for solos. I do remember one slip up on PC where Axl got drowned out by Slash.

Speaking of Axl. He was giving everything and then some. On This I Love and Street of Dreams he was really pushing himself to get some power in his higher range. It's almost like singing those songs really meant a lot to him.  Wink He also managed some great screams on other songs.

2010 it was the first time seeing them ever and I have great affinity for the Chinese lineup. 2018 was also special as it was the first time reunited, but yesterday was a truly epic performance and the crowd were going crazy.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2023, 12:45:06 PM »

After seeing some disappointing shows last summer I wasn't planning on going this year,  but as fate would have it I was planning on driving to Bratislava this week and on Monday I bought a ticket on my night in Germany. What's a few more hours when you've already driven for three days?   Smiley

Did they get a new sound guy? I watched the Glastonbury stream and wasn't too impressed, but it's usually better in a closed stadium. Last night was the best sound experience ever at an outdoor venue. You could hear everyone loud and clear in the mix while still having the beat of bass and drums. Even the little things Melissa and Dizzy do were coming through. Seemed like they were pushing up Axl when he was singing and then the guitars for solos. I do remember one slip up on PC where Axl got drowned out by Slash.

Speaking of Axl. He was giving everything and then some. On This I Love and Street of Dreams he was really pushing himself to get some power in his higher range. It's almost like singing those songs really meant a lot to him.  Wink He also managed some great screams on other songs.

2010 it was the first time seeing them ever and I have great affinity for the Chinese lineup. 2018 was also special as it was the first time reunited, but yesterday was a truly epic performance and the crowd were going crazy.

The BBC control the broadcast mix, which is a shame

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: