Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:13:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This I Love - discussion/comments
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This I Love - discussion/comments  (Read 172661 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #780 on: May 09, 2010, 11:37:20 PM »

I feel this is one of many songs, where Robin shines. Think of the legacy this song has, and then think of the expectation on Robins shoulders to do an epic solo. And he did it perfectly, the solo fits the song like a glove, and Robin rocks the hell out of it.
Well said. IMO, this solo is the one that most represent Robin's guitar tone in its pureness - almost like it was recorded live, in just one take and without any retouch on Protools. Obviously it was recorded in a studio and all, but thats just how it feels to me.

Yes, the solo definitely has that signature Robin feel, much like the solos he did in 06/07.

We all know how Robin feels every note, and I can just imagine Robin in the studio recording it, and the faces he pulls.  hihi
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:40:53 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #781 on: May 10, 2010, 02:31:24 PM »

think how huge this song would be with heavy radio play and big budget video
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #782 on: May 10, 2010, 02:33:01 PM »

It would be big!!!
Chicks love it thats a fact!

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Annie
« Reply #783 on: May 10, 2010, 03:23:16 PM »

It would be big!!!

Joe
I concur. This is such an epic romantic ballad!
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #784 on: May 11, 2010, 03:06:21 PM »

It would be big!!!

Joe
Yep and all it needs is to be in one movie and I am sure the girls that havent heard it would love it!!

Joe

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #785 on: July 02, 2010, 03:26:21 PM »

when the song first was released, i loved it but it was hard for me to listen to it because it reminded me time and time again of my last relationship so i rarely listened to it, now I have a new found love for this song, it's so peaceful in some way.. last few nights of this week i've had a hard time falling asleep (due to a cold, coughing like crazy) so to actually be able to fall asleep i've had to pretty much sit up to get sleepy before i could lay down.. so it have helped to put my ipod on TIL and repeat it Tongue
Annie
« Reply #786 on: July 02, 2010, 05:56:23 PM »

Beautiful post Cheap. Hearing this song on the radio would make me so happy! love
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #787 on: July 20, 2010, 10:30:39 PM »

CheapJon that's a good story man!

Joe

hitmanhart408
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #788 on: November 04, 2010, 10:42:41 PM »

this song should have been pushed as a single. Better as the first single and This I Love as the second. I have not met a girl that has not loved this song. Just this week I got two girls to love it that dont really listen to GNR. It has that Sweet Child factor (as far as girls loving it). Could have been a hit imo
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #789 on: November 04, 2010, 11:14:46 PM »

the lyrics to this song are amazing the best lyrics on the album with Axl's mind for videos they could make a really good video for this song

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #790 on: November 05, 2010, 09:02:13 AM »

this song should have been pushed as a single. Better as the first single and This I Love as the second. I have not met a girl that has not loved this song. Just this week I got two girls to love it that dont really listen to GNR. It has that Sweet Child factor (as far as girls loving it). Could have been a hit imo

That's probably the only reason why I wish that this album was released a little sooner, like maybe Dec 2006 or even 2002. I think that Chinese Democracy is one of those albums, that would have been played constantly if released when downloading wasn't as big of a problem as it is today.

I don't listen to the radio, but when you overhear it at some store or maybe a mall. I can't believe the garbage being played, and I often wonder why I never hear Chinese Democracy in regular circulation.

Sadly it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon. But I know that if Chinese Democracy was played as much as the flavour of the month, people would be amazed at the quality of the music and wonder what they ever saw in bubblegum pop crap.   
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:15:21 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Duke Nukem
Opening Act

Here today ...

« Reply #791 on: November 05, 2010, 09:17:48 AM »

That's probably the only reason why I wish that this album was released a little sooner, like maybe Dec 2006.

I don't listen to the radio, but when you overhear it at some store or maybe a mall. I can't believe the garbage being played, and I often wonder why I never hear Chinese Democracy in regular circulation.

I agree that late 2006 would have been the prime time to have dropped the album. It was the first time in years that Axl was out and about and there seemed to be a real genuine interest in the release of the album. It really sucks that Merck had to fuck that up for Axl.

The choice of lead single really hurt the album too. I think if they had gone with something like: Better, Street of Dreams, IRS, and then There Was A Time, it would have helped the album's commercial success. Having a manager with an anti-current band agenda at the time didn't help matters either.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #792 on: November 05, 2010, 09:31:02 AM »

So who's coming with me to the US, to present Mr Finck with the award for the Best Ever Solo In GN'R.  Grin

I would have loved to have seen him play it live, can you imagine his face when he's feeling the solo.  hihi
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #793 on: November 05, 2010, 04:03:35 PM »

So who's coming with me to the US, to present Mr Finck with the award for the Best Ever Solo In GN'R.  Grin

I would have loved to have seen him play it live, can you imagine his face when he's feeling the solo.  hihi

Buckethead's TWAT solo is the top of the food chain, respectfully.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #794 on: November 05, 2010, 04:09:18 PM »

Well I disagree respectively.  Grin

But what's wierd is that we never got to see Robin do the TIL solo, and we never got to see Bucket do the TWAT solo.

What a shame.  Cry
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #795 on: November 05, 2010, 05:14:18 PM »

Well I disagree respectively.  Grin

But what's wierd is that we never got to see Robin do the TIL solo, and we never got to see Bucket do the TWAT solo.

What a shame.  Cry

Until a month ago, many never got to see Duff play.... beer  Nothing ever surprises me with this band, even the the surprises IYSWIM

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #796 on: November 05, 2010, 10:03:17 PM »

It would be big!!!

Joe

we read a story in ym english class about heartbreak and my teacher told the class to bring a song that describes the story so i brought in This I Love and all the girls in the class love it

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
hitmanhart408
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #797 on: November 06, 2010, 01:07:00 AM »

It would be big!!!

Joe

we read a story in ym english class about heartbreak and my teacher told the class to bring a song that describes the story so i brought in This I Love and all the girls in the class love it

thats awesome. did any cute cheerleaders fall in love with you??
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #798 on: November 06, 2010, 01:10:11 AM »

HA HA HA HA HA. That is quite funny, you joker you.

But what's wierd is that we never got to see Robin do the TIL solo.

There are still some things to be thankful for...

Agreed.

Fuck 'Em All.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #799 on: November 06, 2010, 08:51:18 AM »

It's really a fuckin' awesome solo, but it leaves a bitter taste because when I heard it I already knew he was out of the band.

I still think the SOD and Better solos are his peak (well, at least untill we hear other new songs).

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: