Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 10:08:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt Sorum: Hall of Fame Induction Will Be A "Train Wreck"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum: Hall of Fame Induction Will Be A "Train Wreck"  (Read 2214 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: December 16, 2011, 12:29:27 PM »

Matt has commented on the HOF induction in these two interviews.  He confirms Steven Adler will be there as well...

Exclusive: Guns N' Roses Hall of Fame induction will be a "train wreck"

TheVine: The band?s been nominated for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Does that bring [reunion] questions closer to the surface?

Matt Sorum: "It?s going to be as big of a train wreck as The Sex Pistols, Blondie, or any of those other bands. That?s my prediction. Or Van Halen, which I don?t know if you saw, but we [Velvet Revolver] were involved in that. Train wreck; it was a complete train wreck. But maybe it won?t; maybe it will be a miracle; I hope for that and put out the positive vibrations. But it?s coming up pretty quickly. That?s in March, so we?ll see."

TheVine: Axl Rose was interviewed last month on That Metal Show, and Eddie Trunk talked about getting the impression that the tension between him and some of the other Gunners guys had dissipated quite a bit ? do you get a similar impression at all?

Matt Sorum: "That they?re easing up a little bit?"

TheVine: Yeah.

Matt Sorum: "I don?t know, man. You know, I don?t want to say, because then this will be all over the internet and I?ll just get a bunch of shit for it. The problem is that a lot of the fans don?t even take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I?d rather if Slash had that conversation. And Slash is the quiet one; that?s the problem. He?s not like me. I?m just like a guy who?s a little bit more off the cuff ? I kinda say what I?m feeling. Slash will just not say anything and that?s the way he likes it. And then I?ll open my big ol? mouth and the next thing you know I?m getting slapped around the internet by all the jackasses on their blog sites ? you know what I mean?

So it?s better if I just go, ?I don?t know shit.? Which is the absolute truth [laughs]. They could be in a room right now having a coup around a bonfire, eating samoras, and talking about the resurrection of the holy grail. Seriously, like the Illuminati or some shit [laughs], and I wouldn?t be invited, you know what I?m saying?"

You?ve got so much else going on now ? Diamond Baby, Darling Stilettos, your other production work ? would you even have time or the inclination for a reunion?

Matt Sorum: If the number was high enough [laughs]. No, you know what: I just love creating music. When I left Guns N? Roses I thought I was starting to lose my soul. Why did I get into this business in the first place? Because I love music, and I want to make some music. I don?t want to sit around and get caught up in a bunch of drama. If I?m going to feel uncomfortable and spiritually not well, what?s the point? It?s like, ?Let?s make some music, man.? One thing I do care about is the fans. And the one thing I learned later on in life is that a lot of people got a lot of joy from that. So if that?s the only reason to do it, I think that?s a great reason. If everyone could just put all their differences aside. But if that time will ever come, I?m not sure. I?m cool with whatever.

http://www.thevine.com.au/music/interviews/matt-sorum,-guns-n'-roses-_-interview20111214.aspx?ctpage=0

Ex-GN'R Drummer MATT SORUM On ROCK HALL Induction: 'Congratulations To Myself, I Guess'

During an appearance earlier today, Thursday, December 8 on Channel 7's "The Morning Show" in Australia (see video below), former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum stated about the Rock Hall honor, "Congratulations to myself, I guess. It's just amazing that we're still here, and still alive. We had such wild times and we're still here to tell the tale. And all the boys are healthy."

He added, "We'll see how it goes. It's in the springtime and we've been inducted with RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS and FACES and some other greats, so it's good company."

When asked if he still keeps in touch with his former GUNS N' ROSES bandmates, Sorum replied, "I'm in a band called VELVET REVOLVER with Slash [guitar] and Duff McKagan [bass] ? we were all original GUNS N' ROSES members ? and so we still have a band. And then Axl [Rose, vocals] is doing his thing; we're split up right now. So everyone's hope for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is that we get on stage together.

"I just spoke to the original drummer, Steven Adler, last night, who I replaced in 1990, and then came over here to Australia and did the biggest concert in the southern hemisphere at the time ? at Eastern Creek; it was 100,000 people. So Steven and me are talking, and we're all gonna go, hopefully, and have a good time."

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=167026

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 12:41:01 PM »

i like his attitude in this

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
zihuatenajo
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 01:44:46 PM »

Matt isn't an original Guns N' Roses member .... he is however an "original Guns N' Roses" member   rofl maybe that's what he meant?

God made weed, man made booze : who do you trust ?
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 08:18:26 PM »

Matt isn't an original Guns N' Roses member .... he is however an "original Guns N' Roses" member   rofl maybe that's what he meant?

Yeah, that one befuddles me as well.  Like Sorum or not, he isn't an original member, and as such, the GNR band that he was in was not a full original lineup.

It IS cool however, that he and Steven are on good terms with each other.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: