Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:07:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227894 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Videos of Richard Fortus guitar workshop in Sydney (November 20, 2014)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Videos of Richard Fortus guitar workshop in Sydney (November 20, 2014)  (Read 12404 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: December 01, 2014, 09:20:08 AM »

Posted by Gunns on ParadiseCity.com:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baB7Rzu2bxU
@ about the 17:00 mark, he talks about joining GN'R
@ about 24:00, he talks about GN'R not having a setlist

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxqyCkr7RrA
@ about the 1:00 mark he's asked what his favorite unreleased GN'R track and talks about the material. Says a lot hasn't leaked, thank God.
@ 17:30 he talks about coming off stage with GN'R.
@ 18:40 he talks about the recording of Chinese, says he wrote the chorus part to Better and plays the part
@ 20:00 he talks about the unreleased material. Says some of the stuff was written from nothing, some seeds for the songs are from the Slash era. Says he's worked with Dj on stuff, nobody's worked on stuff with Ron.
@ 21:00 he says there's so much stuff recorded. Mentions three albums of material. Talks about Axl working on it at the moment.
@ 22:00 talks about the secrecy surrounding GN'R. Talks about how Axl has a talent for putting things together. Taking a part from Dj and putting it together with something from Richard.
@ 24:00 talks about his friendship with Duff and whatever or not Duff will do more shows with GN'R.

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-nmecjVW9g

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:09:08 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 10:03:45 AM »

So there's some interesting tidbits about the unreleased material...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 12:10:16 PM »

pretty damn good interview..part 2 is great...

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 02:38:41 PM »

Man, imagine this first song/riff Richard played... WITH AXL VOICE!

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »

Thanks for sharing definitively an great interview, and insightful.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 04:08:32 PM »

Absolutely one of the more interesting interviews with any of the other guys.  Thanks for posting it.

Definitely listen to part 2, guys.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 05:10:26 PM »

A couple of notes to add to what Jarmo wrote:

-Richard said (at the time of the recording of this workshop) that Axl was working on recording vocals last week.  So, Axl has been working on new music recently.

-He also said that he knows Tommy is busy with Replacements' activities and that there is talk of Duff doing more shows in the future, but that's up in the air at this point.  I didn't hear the specific question that was asked because the people asking questions weren't mic'd up, but Richard didn't rule out Duff playing more with the band and didn't limit the extent to which he would.

Ali
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 06:27:15 PM »

You can't go wrong with Duff or Tommy. Cheesy

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 06:32:37 PM »

-Richard said (at the time of the recording of this workshop) that Axl was working on recording vocals last week.  So, Axl has been working on new music recently.

Mixed thoughts on this one.

Love the talk of actual work being done.  Pretty unsettling some of these suckers still lack vocals, 12-13 years later.

Let's hope Richard meant overdubs.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 07:16:47 PM »

Mixed thoughts on this one.

Love the talk of actual work being done.  Pretty unsettling some of these suckers still lack vocals, 12-13 years later.

Let's hope Richard meant overdubs.

It really depends on the specifics. Could be overdubs or harmonies or new stuff or old stuff.

I'm encouraged by the fact that he was working on new material. That's nothing but positive from my perspective.

Ali
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 07:21:44 PM »

Wow, so Axl is still recording vocals. I wonder if that is for the new new material or the second half of Chinese? Either way they are working on something, but they must not be because the information about where it is taking place hasn't been made public yet  Wink

I thought I heard him say that some of the material is related to some stuff that Slash wrote way back in the day. Does that mean Slash's name may eventually appear in the writing credits for one of the new prospective GNR albums?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:29:57 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
mortismurphy
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 08:18:51 PM »

It is good to hear him talk openly about the unreleased recordings like this; certainly the most positive sign yet.
mortismurphy
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 08:29:39 PM »

''This week he is been recording a lot of stuff vocally''.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 08:35:50 PM »

I'm encouraged by the fact that he was working on new material. That's nothing but positive from my perspective.

It means he might actually be keeping his word and it wasn't just talk.  Its absolutely positive.

Think Jarmo would be happier about new songs, or rubbing our faces in it?  Little from column A, little from column B, I suspect.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 11:51:47 PM »

It means he might actually be keeping his word and it wasn't just talk.  Its absolutely positive.

Think Jarmo would be happier about new songs, or rubbing our faces in it?  Little from column A, little from column B, I suspect.

Haha preemptively speculating negatively about the future eh DX? I wonder what it will be like around here when new music is released. That is something I would like to see (in addition to the music itself).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 11:59:37 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 08:58:07 AM »

These clips confirm a lot of the things that has been said recently.

Maybe the positivity among a certain clique will increase exponentially from now on!  ok

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 09:15:46 AM »

Haha preemptively speculating negatively about the future eh DX?

If, god willing, an album actually comes out next year, you don't think there will be some smug "I told you so" type talk?  I sure do.

Hell, we have that here NOW, and that's with nothing to go on.  Imagine if there was actually a product out.

Full disclosure, I'd do the exact same thing, roles reversed.  If next year rolls around, they hit the road without an album and the talk is still the same vague "we're looking at it" crap, I (and others) would absolutely be breaking some balls. 

But that's a two way street, and I accept that.  As I often say in these little debates, "we can't both be right".  And when you are proven wrong, if you have any credibility, you take your lumps.  Breaks of the game.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 09:29:46 AM »

Everything went great until you had to come in and try to make it about yourself.  Tongue

"And Dj and I have worked on stuff. Nobody's worked on stuff with Ron."
Shocked

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:32:18 AM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 09:44:47 AM »

Everything went great until you had to come in and try to make it about yourself.  Tongue

"And Dj and I have worked on stuff. Nobody's worked on stuff with Ron."
Shocked

Yeah, but we've known that for years.  I didn't even think that warranted real discussion as its not remotely new.  Ron has been telling us that himself for how long now?

Axl doing vocals, that's a new development.  The news of them having no interest in Ron's input is about as timely as Borat jokes.

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 10:26:25 AM »

certainly encouraging. The one thing about Axl's vocals that I have never understood is the way you can pick his quality/style in any given year. I really think he is a hit while the iron is hot type of singer. I do worry a little that he is recording while not being mid tour as the opening shows tend to show rust and a more fragile set of chords.

That said some of the Cd vocals like IRS are fantastic so who can tell. I'll be hugely pumped if there is a genuine sniff of (Gasp.....a series) of albums come earlyish 2015.....yayyy
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: