Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:07:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl will speak wrong about Chavez in Venezuela?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl will speak wrong about Chavez in Venezuela?  (Read 5514 times)
Mysterious_Guy
Headliner

I'm the Dr. Kinsey so let's talk about sex now!

« on: March 20, 2007, 08:21:46 PM »

GNR will play in Venezuela this year, axl?s been there before but things have been getting more and more scary between Bush and Chavez so what will axl express about? everyone knows he likes to speak about politicians and philosophy, he never shuts up because of fears, he's not afraid of telling his mind everywhere he goes so i guess Venezuelan and USA will have another new scandal made by this cute Yankee rock star!

Come on Axl, you rule! Let us know what you think about that Hispanic country!? peace
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 08:27:23 PM by Mysterious_Guy » Logged

don't be afraid to be tell me about your weird desires, here i'm to help you, not to laugh at you because no one's perfect at all!
-Dr. Kinsey
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 08:26:24 PM »

He didn't speak about things like that during the '06 tour...why would he suddenly start in a situation that actually could put his safety at risk?
GeraldFord
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 08:27:39 PM »

If Axl never had anything to say about Iraq, Bush/Cheney, Kerry, why would he speak about Chavez?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 08:30:32 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Mysterious_Guy
Headliner

I'm the Dr. Kinsey so let's talk about sex now!

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 08:28:33 PM »

He didn't speak about things like that during the '06 tour...why would he suddenly start in a situation that actually could put his safety at risk?

at risk? he's rich and famous to run away from Chavez and Bush so you should think before telling something

don't be afraid to be tell me about your weird desires, here i'm to help you, not to laugh at you because no one's perfect at all!
-Dr. Kinsey
GeraldFord
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 08:33:09 PM »

It's not like GN'R are playing in Iran...

Most of the press in Venezuela  is very anti-Chavez and there have been huge demonstrations against him. Even if Axl did say something negative, it's not like he'd go to prison.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 08:43:58 PM »

Axl may rant a lot, but it's never been overly political

Axl is God.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 08:51:03 PM »

Nothing.

The best thing Axl ever said was before they played Live & Let Die at the House Of Blues 2001 show. ok
Count Fluffy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 08:53:21 PM »

I don't believe there is anything political to be said about GNR playing in Venezuela.  Concerts are set up for band promotion and money for both the band and the promoter/facilities.  As it is such a business deal, I don't see why anyone would speak out about politics while performing there. 

The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 09:00:56 PM »

I think Axl chooses his words very carefully, and he understands what it is to be a guest in someone else's country.  I don't think there is anything to worry about. 
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 09:07:33 PM »

Axl does not really get on the soapbox at concerts and talk about his political views. I like that. Why make people who dont agree feel somewhat alienated.

I dont like Chavez either, but I dont think Axl will say anything about him.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 09:19:06 PM »

are people sure GNR is playing in Venezuela, im pretty sure this comes from a very unconfirmed source.  Still, I dont think Axl really thinks a lot about what he says, but he's never had very much to say about politicians.  Thats not what GNR has been about and its a stupid thing to preach about.
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 09:19:58 PM »

If Axl never had anything to say about Iraq, Bush/Cheney, Kerry, why would he speak about Chavez?

Very true, if he didnt have something to say about it during the tour (and come on, even if your a republican you know what i mean) I highly doubt he will say anything now.  But stranger things have happened.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
cpaxlvacy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 09:25:18 PM »

I think that we have to wait if GNR play in our country first, it's just a rumour, and i'm fucking praying tey come, can't wait to see them, i rememeber when they came in 1992 Axl was jocking about the political situation of our country, so, maybe who knows...
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 10:06:56 PM »

Chavez is trying to fill the soon to be void from Castro in the Americas. He is trying to get noticed but Iran and Korea keep on out doing him. I wouldn't put it past him to try to hold Axl hostage. Of course America and the Redneck President wouldn't do a damn thing because we don't dicker and deal with terrorists. Then the Democratic party would use it as a cause to gain more power, but in the end will do nothing because they really don't care.

Back to reality, I would love Axl to cause a riot before he leaves that country that takes down Capitan Insano Chavez. 
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 10:21:31 PM »

well capitan insano chavez is supported by the 62% of the venezuelans..
so after that i dont think he is too bad for his country.. cuz he keep winning elections.. and there is no fraud..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 10:22:09 PM »

Chavez is trying to fill the soon to be void from Castro in the Americas. He is trying to get noticed but Iran and Korea keep on out doing him. I wouldn't put it past him to try to hold Axl hostage. Of course America and the Redneck President wouldn't do a damn thing because we don't dicker and deal with terrorists. Then the Democratic party would use it as a cause to gain more power, but in the end will do nothing because they really don't care.

Back to reality, I would love Axl to cause a riot before he leaves that country that takes down Capitan Insano Chavez.?

Good post ?rofl

I dobut Axl would want to make enemies... Plus what could he say that isint already known??
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 10:29:55 PM »

I guess the countdown to when Axl Rose Ven will be banned again is on.
gunsnfnroses
Headliner

You're fucking crazy!

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 10:31:13 PM »

He didn't speak about things like that during the '06 tour

Exactly.

He won't say a thing!

I'm a well-wisher, as in I don't wish you any specific harm
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 10:31:34 PM »

Stupidest thread ever.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 10:35:28 PM »

Stupidest thread ever.

I have to disagree with you, there is a million way tie for the stupidest thread. Each one that was copied and pasted on every GNR forum about something stupid takes it. This is a runner up until I see it on another forum.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: