Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:44:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  The BUCKETHEAD Thread-show your gratitude here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The BUCKETHEAD Thread-show your gratitude here.  (Read 36717 times)
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2008, 01:32:50 PM »

T.W.A.T. - not only one of the best guitar solos on all of CD, but in the top 5 classic GnR solos, easily. Even as far back as the first leaks that solo had some magic on it that couldn't be denied. The solo on 'If the World' is really good too. Buckethead gets his reputation as a shredder (rightfully so) but I think he really did some impressive, emotive playing on CD.

Thal's work, however, shouldn't be dismissed. His fretless work is really fresh and unique sounding. His only real misstep in my opinion is his solo in 'Catcher'. Just poor taste...but that's just me. Everything else he played was stellar as well.

One thing that continually makes me smile about CD is that in the middle of a really rockin' part they just tear it in half with some insane Thal or Bucket shred part, and it sound so awesome that you can't hate on it. haha
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2008, 03:03:36 PM »

I love it.

did bucket betray axl to further his career?  did bucket trade on axl's legacy for promotion?  did he disappoint axl, the band and the fans?  hmm... on one hand, i've got some buckethead worshipers telling me one thing.  and on the other hand i've got the word directly from AXL ROSE himself.  sorry guys, but i trust axl over you any day...

"axl rose would loke to thank :beta lebeis,...
...buckethead..."

buy cd and update yaself.

i already did buy it, thank you.  and i can understand how axl can be thankful for bucket' smusic but still recognize that he's a deceptive snake who was trying to use axl's fame and reputation to further his career.  in case you missed it, axl explained it perfectly well in his press release.  when he said bucket was a 'nice guy' it was pure sarcasm.  please read that press release before running your mouth off.

personally, i think it speaks volumes and volumes about axl's great personality that even after being stabbed in the back by bucket and having to cancel shows and rerecord music, he still thanks him for the work that he did.  axl shows who is the bigger man.

Clearly if you knew anything about Buckethead you would realize you are spewing bullshit. His CD's aren't selling any better or worse than before. He's not playing in front of HUGE crowds that come to see him because he was in Guns n Roses. He plays small 100-200 TOPS, shows. He always came out with tons of cd's and continues to do so. I don't think there was a malicious intent to stop CD from coming out. Sure, he's different, so what, doesn't mean he did it all on purpose.  You are just stupid and ignorant and looking for a reason to hate Buckethead, who is by far the most talented and diverse guitar player alive, imo.

Right. I saw him at Mississippi Nights two years ago, because back then was into his music for his music. The Elephant Man's Alarm Clock was easily my favorite CD at that time. The crowd wasn't bigger than 100 people. He likes it that way too. He can be himself.

yes
and bucket's thanking axl and the GNR family. no bad blood.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2008, 08:00:45 PM »

theres no big egos between Ron and Bucket..
so people who think its impossible for the 2 to share a stage, are completely wrong, and would make the studio songs sound magic live.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2008, 10:52:47 PM »

so people who think its impossible for the 2 to share a stage, are completely wrong, and would make the studio songs sound magic live.

Back when Bumblefoot messaged on his myspace personally, he responded to me several times about Buckethead. He says he met the guy, unmasked (I asked) and that he was a very nice guy. So no, there's no headbutting between them at all.
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2008, 01:07:37 AM »

Back when Bumblefoot messaged on his myspace personally, he responded to me several times about Buckethead. He says he met the guy, unmasked (I asked) and that he was a very nice guy. So no, there's no headbutting between them at all.

doesn't suprise me at all,
they both seem like awsome guitarists on and off the stage,
and mabye Bucket learned something from being in gnr the first time that he may take a different approach as to how to handle the situation if it ever presents itself again if hes to be welcomed back.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2008, 01:14:42 AM »

Axl + Bucket= MAGIC

Falungong you have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe Bucket had other motives(I doubt it), but explain to me if he was such an evil guy why Axl would a)keep him on the album and b) try to get him back in the band multiple times?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2008, 01:59:41 AM »

Look, I have said this before. Let me get this out of the way. I am an old school gunner. I would be happy to share my cred, if push comes to shove.

I am absolutely taken with Chinese Democracy. But this is about Bucket so I will stick to Bucket. I am in awe of him and the music he has made in GN'R. So unreal that this has been made official. 

I love it so much that I am not so secretly hoping Axl never goes along with doing a reunion. I don't fucking want it. I don't want it and I am saying that as a real and genuine fan of Slash. But something happened. Something bold. Chinese Democracy just became real. I want it all now. I don't just want old school GN'R music. That would bum me out. I want to hear Chinese Democracy music so much more then I want to just hear hear old GN'R music. It is because of that fact, that I hope there is no reunion. I have seen old GN'R a lot. I am actually surprised I have gotten to see new GN'R as many times as I have but now I want to see them pretty much perform the entire album live. If that is all Axl and GN'R did, play CHinese Democracy sequentially from CD all the way through Prostitute, I would leave that show I am sure, a happy motherfucker. And fucking believe it when I tell you nothing would make me happier then seeing Buckethead and Axl sharing a stage. If its between Bucket and Finck I'll take Bucket. And at this point I would say peace to Slash but, I would be saying "See Ya" if that meant GN'R got Bucket back in. Fucking believe it.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2008, 03:19:42 PM »

Buddah Ill take it a step further....

If I had the power to choose between a new album and tour from old gnr or CD and a tour from the 2002 version of GNR I would choose the 2002 lineup everyday of the week and then some.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2008, 03:38:50 PM »

lets be honest, we love the chinese gnr tribe as a whole, don't we?

axl bh, bbf, brain, chris, dizzy, frank, robin, richard, tommy, and freese and paul.

tanks you all! Grin
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2008, 03:54:40 PM »

i support any combo of the members you mentioned. but I love the 2002 version

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2008, 04:07:34 PM »

yep, axl, robin bh and brain are magic.
and se are ron and bucket.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »

I too would prefer the 2002 version of Gn'R but with the 2006 Axl. If Finck doesn't want back in then whatever, I am more then cool with Ron. Actually just sub Finck with Bucket and GN'R will be among the greatest live act in Rock period.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2008, 11:50:37 PM »

I too would prefer the 2002 version of Gn'R but with the 2006 Axl. If Finck doesn't want back in then whatever, I am more then cool with Ron. Actually just sub Finck with Bucket and GN'R will be among the greatest live act in Rock period.

Bucket , Ron and Richard could lead gnr back on top of the world again,
easily beer

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2008, 01:45:02 AM »

Look, I have said this before. Let me get this out of the way. I am an old school gunner. I would be happy to share my cred, if push comes to shove.

I am absolutely taken with Chinese Democracy. But this is about Bucket so I will stick to Bucket. I am in awe of him and the music he has made in GN'R. So unreal that this has been made official. 

I love it so much that I am not so secretly hoping Axl never goes along with doing a reunion. I don't fucking want it. I don't want it and I am saying that as a real and genuine fan of Slash. But something happened. Something bold. Chinese Democracy just became real. I want it all now. I don't just want old school GN'R music. That would bum me out. I want to hear Chinese Democracy music so much more then I want to just hear hear old GN'R music. It is because of that fact, that I hope there is no reunion. I have seen old GN'R a lot. I am actually surprised I have gotten to see new GN'R as many times as I have but now I want to see them pretty much perform the entire album live. If that is all Axl and GN'R did, play CHinese Democracy sequentially from CD all the way through Prostitute, I would leave that show I am sure, a happy motherfucker. And fucking believe it when I tell you nothing would make me happier then seeing Buckethead and Axl sharing a stage. If its between Bucket and Finck I'll take Bucket. And at this point I would say peace to Slash but, I would be saying "See Ya" if that meant GN'R got Bucket back in. Fucking believe it.

fuck yea, the shows they played in 2006 were awesome with the mix of classic and new, and now with the album out, they can mix in even more new songs..  If they would tour every year, I'd be right there.

On the topic, I think my favorite Buckethead solo on the album is Sorry and my favorite track co-written by Buckethead is probably Shackler's.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2008, 01:50:52 AM »

The Bucket-Ron-Richard trio would be absolutely unreal.  Their talent combined with the Guns catalogue would destroy every other band in the world on the guitars
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2008, 01:52:51 AM »

The Bucket-Ron-Richard trio would be absolutely unreal.  Their talent combined with the Guns catalogue would destroy every other band in the world on the guitars

I know that there was rumors Robin and Buckethead didn't get along, but I thought they played amazingly well together in 2001 and 2002.   I'd def be interested to see Bucket and Ron together.
mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2010, 03:12:52 AM »

Bump.

Let's not let the excitement for the current tour make us forget Bucket's killer work on the album.  I firmly believe that CD wouldn't have made it if Bucket didn't join.

I'm looking forward to hearing what else he's recorded with guns.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:15:49 AM by mcmurray » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2010, 03:26:11 AM »

A guest spot during the tour would rock my popcorn smelling socks off!
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2010, 08:37:14 AM »

A guest spot during the tour would rock my popcorn smelling socks off!

I would see them in every state in Australia if Bucket would make a guest spot for the 'down under' leg of the tour.

and Axl doesn't have any harsh feelings towards Bucket either,

this is a response to the question I asked Axl back in '08

"
I have no issues with Bucket. It's hard to tell what was real or not in things we were told by Merck. He's more than welcome to tour with us in some form or other provided we're both interested at the time and come to some type of reasonable terms. Personally I have a blast w/Bucket on tour and get a big kick out of the guy. A lot of feelings were hurt on this side of the fence in how things went down and unfortunately others used our silence and the public's not knowing for their own purposes at both Bucket's and our expense."

mcmurray
Headliner

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2010, 08:24:02 PM »

I would see them in every state in Australia if Bucket would make a guest spot for the 'down under' leg of the tour.

You and me both mate.  You and me both.

Chances of that happening though are extremely slim I'm afraid.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: