Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:35:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  DAT's from the UYI recording sessions
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DAT's from the UYI recording sessions  (Read 44534 times)
marcelj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2007, 01:26:26 PM »

yes..............when will they be uploaded?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2007, 05:12:04 PM »

I posted em off on Wednesday to another guy here in Oz who was gonna convert em to flac then I'll post the links.  I was hoping it would reach him by Friday - he lives on the other side of Australia to me (so they would be up this weekend).  But maybe it didn't get there so he should have em Monday. With the links being posted shortly after.

I tried converting em to Flac myself but was having all sorts of trouble (including my computer deciding it wanted to F with me), so due to time considerations, since I wanna get em up as quick as possible for everyone, I just burnt em and mailed em off to another guy that offered to do it on my behalf.

I will also being posting the original DAT's off to Limulus.  He has kindly offerred to rip em again just in case the original rip of the DAT's to disc can be improved upon.  But who knows, since I paid about $50US to get them ripped to CD here in Oz the first time (since I don't own a DAT player), so I should hope that the original transfer was bloody good!!

thanks for all your efforts and for sharing. Take all the time you need. This kind of stuff deserves the waiting  ok

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2007, 08:10:30 PM »

They guy I sent them to has got them I'm just waiting for him to convert and upload em - hopefully it will happen this weekend.

Cheers for your patience.

On a seperate note, I mentioned in an earlier post about the other CD's that Alan had and that I was reluctant to upload those since he was selling them a while back.  Well "burningHills" asked me if I could contact Alan as he wanted to buy some from him also.  Well I did that and Alan's reply was that he would just give them to him.

So to cut a long story short he doesn't have a problem if this music is shared.  So (even though I don't think any of the stuff is new), if anyone wants to hear it I'm sure "burningHills" can upload it for you when he gets the discs.  I won't do it myself as I don't have the time.  But I am sure if someone asks "burningHills" nicely he might do it.

cheers

Marcus

Please reply to your PM. Thanks.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
maurito148
Headliner

Slash' Em All

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2007, 08:38:02 PM »

Please guys, be patience, thanks for that great new. i would like to heard it in FLAC, thanks

CLUB ATLETICO RIVER PLATE Fan!!
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2007, 08:49:40 PM »

Please guys, be patience, thanks for that great new. i would like to heard it in FLAC, thanks

second that

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2007, 12:11:07 AM »

I've waited and waited (and waited) for Chinese Democracy and Duke Nukem Forver for a long time now. Waiting for some old demos (tho they sound like they will definitly be worth the wait and I'm a bit excited) isn't bad in the least. I'm just glad (whatever they sound like) that we will get to hear something that many haven't before.

Thank you to williambailey and everyone else involved going to the trouble of getting this stuff out to us.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
comaboy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2007, 06:36:20 AM »

Guns N Roses Paradise - 2 discs of a live concert with the track listing: It's so Easy, Move to the City, Out Ta Get Me, Mr Brownstone, My Michelle, Sweet Child, Rocket Queen, Welcome to the Jungle, Knockin Heaven's Door, You're Crazy, Paradise City, Nightrain, Mama Kin, L.A. Guns Jam.

Just wanna know is this soundboard?

"they put a price on my head
they all want me dead
they all want me dead
i said just go ahead"

THE CITY, "Nobody" 2008
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2007, 07:17:01 AM »

how generous of you - thank you so very much.  will look very forward to hearing these. Time is not an issue at all.   peace
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2007, 10:51:27 AM »

Sorry excuse my ignorance - but what exactly do you mean by "is this soundboard". Do you mean was it recorded directly by the guys on the soundboard at the actual concert?

There are basicaly two ways to record a live show. A Soundboard recording (SBD) is when you actually plug the recording device into the band's sound sytem. An Audience recording (AUD) is when you record the concert from the audience with one or more microphones.

We are all hoping that these recordings that you are about to share are all Soundboard recordings (they probably are, since they came from Alan Niven's collection).

Luciano
tad82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2007, 03:55:24 PM »

damn i can't wait to hear breakdown instrumental version, because i hope it won't  feature absolutely unnecessary talks during slash solo at the end drool
EFISH
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2007, 06:41:52 PM »

Really looking forward to this. Thanks everyone involved! drool
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007, 09:35:31 AM »

I think we have waited for some days now and it won't make our life useless if we are going to wait some days more.
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2007, 01:05:39 PM »

I think we have waited for some days now and it won't make our life useless if we are going to wait some days more.

How long is that in G N' R terms?? 5 to 10 years??

Where's Axl?
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2007, 02:03:58 PM »

And if it would be so ... would you die because of that?
Untill the guy mentioned these things, we didn't even know of these things.
So what?!

He is kind enough to upload it - we should wait even if it would take 2 months.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 02:05:39 PM by mj23 » Logged
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2007, 02:34:23 PM »

You people are fucking unbelievable.

You know what? Even if Alan Niven does send me the same stuff that he sent wb, I doubt that I'm going to even bother uploading it because most of you are fucking ungrateful anyway.

Like mj said - we didn't even know this stuff existed until a few days ago - the guy could easily hoard it for himself and never share, but he's doing us a huge favor. Shut the fuck up, have some patience and wait for it.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
EFISH
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2007, 02:35:03 PM »

You people are fucking unbelievable.

You know what? Even if Alan Niven does send me the same stuff that he sent wb, I doubt that I'm going to even bother uploading it because most of you are fucking ungrateful anyway.
Amen!
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2007, 08:57:08 PM »

Thanks alot WB. beer Could you light a fire under this thing? i'm getting itchy.  Cheesy
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2007, 10:47:46 PM »

In case people were wondering I sent an email today to the guys that are ripping it etc just to see how they were going - not to hurry them along but just to see where things were at.  Im waiting for them to get back to me.

Bascially at this stage it's out of my hands its whenever the manage to get it done.  I will put up links for the downloads as soon as they become available to me.

On a seperate note, I sent the DAT's off to Limulus today to see if he can rip a better quality cd of them - although the current one is fine - he offered so I thought why not give it a try.  I only hope the postal system doesn't f*ck up and lost the DAT's!!!!! Cry

In the mean time to keep you going, I mentioned the 14 years demo song, how some lyrics are different and they also just mumble some of them as well since they obviously havent figured them out yet.  Well the end of the song I mentioned has a different outro - bascially where the album version of the song slows right at the end and comes to a finish, this version does the same then suddenly speeds up again and there is some really fast guitar riffs that go on for an extra minute longer than the album version of the song - pretty cool.

BTW - BurningHills I passed on your postal details to Alan.

Many thanks brother!  beer

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2007, 08:16:35 AM »

Sounds really cool WB, thank you! I wonder is Alan Niven has anything like the original acoustic version of You Could Be Mine in his posession?

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2007, 08:31:30 AM »

Burning hills

Has there been post deleted in this thread?

I read your post like some one is on here jumping up and down screaming for the stuff. I do not see those post anywhere. Please point me to those post.

The few people in here asking for it is mild compared to the people in the 12/20 threads that asked everyday. I think for the most part everybody has been patient and still being patient. Personally I care less if i hear this or not.

Thanks You to William Balley and Burning HIlls or who ever is helping upload this when it happens.

Sharing is greatly appreciated.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: