Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 09:01:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl keeps adjusting something on his waist during live performances...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl keeps adjusting something on his waist during live performances...  (Read 7301 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2004, 02:45:28 PM »

you are missing my point....

how many amazing guitarists are out there? it doesn't matter how good you are, its combining all the right elements.

if i was a librarian, maybe i'd be interested in Dream Theater and that over-indulged crap. i don't wanna hear Joe Satriani play 8000 notes a minute, i wanna see the entire image and rock star.

put it this way: loser 36yr old men like Satriani

chicks and the youth STILL consider Slash to be cool and a great guitarist

which would u rather have? loser dorks counting how many notes u just played, or hot chicks and mtv/vh1 down with you after all these years...

come on man, there's no excitement if petrucci or however u spell his name, comes out on stage. he probably looks like a school teacher anyway. but if Slash or Bucket walked out, people start to stare and they are hooked. its the WHOLE PACKAGE....its called MARKETABLILITY

i don't wanna hear Opeth and Dream Theater and other long, over-indulged, drawn out solos and the same shit over n over. give me a kick ass rocker with a low-slung les paul who barely knows what scale he's playing!

Gotcha...you prefer style over substance.  hihi  ok

Seriously, Satriani isn't loved by "36 year old dorks" who count notes.  Yes, he's technically skilled and amazing to watch.  His music also kicks ass.  

Have you EVER seen Satriani play live?  Do yourself a favor and try to get tix to an upcoming show if he's gonna be nearby.  

And it's not that I dont' see your point.  It's that I think you could make it in a less abrasive, less disrepectful (when referring to some established "guitar gods") way.  Do I think Satriani would be a good "fit" with GnR? Probably not, though the current GnR "image" is pretty eclectic, so I wouldn't be positive of that.  Do I think he could play the FUCK out of SCOM, NR, and Estranged? Abso fucking lutely.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2004, 03:56:52 PM »

you are missing my point....

how many amazing guitarists are out there? it doesn't matter how good you are, its combining all the right elements.

if i was a librarian, maybe i'd be interested in Dream Theater and that over-indulged crap. i don't wanna hear Joe Satriani play 8000 notes a minute, i wanna see the entire image and rock star.

put it this way: loser 36yr old men like Satriani

chicks and the youth STILL consider Slash to be cool and a great guitarist

which would u rather have? loser dorks counting how many notes u just played, or hot chicks and mtv/vh1 down with you after all these years...

come on man, there's no excitement if petrucci or however u spell his name, comes out on stage. he probably looks like a school teacher anyway. but if Slash or Bucket walked out, people start to stare and they are hooked. its the WHOLE PACKAGE....its called MARKETABLILITY

i don't wanna hear Opeth and Dream Theater and other long, over-indulged, drawn out solos and the same shit over n over. give me a kick ass rocker with a low-slung les paul who barely knows what scale he's playing!

Gotcha...you prefer style over substance.  hihi  ok

Seriously, Satriani isn't loved by "36 year old dorks" who count notes.  Yes, he's technically skilled and amazing to watch.  His music also kicks ass.  

Have you EVER seen Satriani play live?  Do yourself a favor and try to get tix to an upcoming show if he's gonna be nearby.  

And it's not that I dont' see your point.  It's that I think you could make it in a less abrasive, less disrepectful (when referring to some established "guitar gods") way.  Do I think Satriani would be a good "fit" with GnR? Probably not, though the current GnR "image" is pretty eclectic, so I wouldn't be positive of that.  Do I think he could play the FUCK out of SCOM, NR, and Estranged? Abso fucking lutely.

Couldn't have said it better.

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
SlashFan
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2004, 11:05:02 PM »

Damn,I thought this thread was supposed to be about Axl keeps adjusting something on his waist during live performances,not about guitarist Roll Eyes,did you people even read the original post? Huh
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: