Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:53:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD to be dropped in Sept and the band is rehearsing now and a US tour in Sept
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD to be dropped in Sept and the band is rehearsing now and a US tour in Sept  (Read 85048 times)
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2006, 08:15:54 AM »

this is the worst news i've heard all year. touring without an album is such a great idea.  crying

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2006, 08:18:42 AM »

this is the worst news i've heard all year. touring without an album is such a great idea.? crying

Well, at least it means something. It means that we won't have to wait for another year or so to have the CD. At least, not the 1st one anyway  Roll Eyes
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2006, 08:20:20 AM »

this is the worst news i've heard all year. touring without an album is such a great idea.? crying

I do think it would be wiser to release the album in June or early July.

Let the album sink in over in the US whilst the tickets are on sale. At least that way maybe people will be wanting to see the new Guns and Roses due to their "debut" album rather than going to see Axl because he's Axl.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2006, 08:58:40 AM »

unless it comes from Axl I don't want to hear anthing b/c they've been making comments like this for a few years now
madagas
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2006, 09:03:33 AM »

A few years? They have been talking about a release date or timeframe for 7-8 years. Be it Doug Goldstein, Axl, or any of the other people involved. Unbelievable. Sad
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2006, 09:06:36 AM »

Any "insiders" here know when we might expect a single?....

I've still gotten no word on that, but can tell you that I was told a few weeks ago.. "no demos have even been mastered yet."

However, if one demo was slated to appear on The Da Vinci code I would assume it would have to be mastered within the next month.

Given the Da Vinci Code soundtrack track listing is now "out there"...and it looks to be exclusively the Zimmer score, that rumor appears to be unlikely, at this point.

Oh, and demos will never be mastered.  Finished tracks will be, but not demos.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2006, 09:10:17 AM »

I just got a replay from Richard Fortus. This is part of the email.

To answer your question, yes, the plan is still to
release multiple records over the next few years.?

I think he meant over the next decades  hihi

Anyway, I just hope TWAT and The Blues are in the first record.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2006, 09:14:34 AM »

Shit, leave it to Axl to decide half way through the mastering that something could've turned out better, thus they head back into the studio to "fix a few things" and 3 more years pass with us scratching our heads.

It wasnt even being mastered man.

Right, I'm talking about when it IS mastered.

See?

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2006, 09:21:57 AM »

In the email he mention the word "HOPEFULLY" and "HOPE"
So this can't be 100% confirm.

Exactly.  I have seen "hopefully" since 96.  I'm sure Axl will do some interviews when the European tour starts.  Then again. Axl was saying "hopefully" when doing interviews the last time he toured.  I'm not trying to be negative, But unfortunatley these statements about CD is the "circle of life" in the GNR world.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #189 on: April 11, 2006, 09:34:45 AM »

yea but if they play other new songs excluding the leaks then what? We dont even need the album cause we'll have it already!...and to me thats not the way I envisoned this album. Whats done is done. Fine. But if they are gonna play some more off CD then whatver. Not fun for me. I wont complain but whatvever I guess..idk....If the album has 15 or more tracks fine..but 13 ...not good....or if they do in fact release 10 extra tracks along with the album fine...its all confusing to me....but from now till Sept is only 5 months...so ..as usual time will tell....

Anyone remember their touring just prior to the release of UYI? ?Anyone remember the set lists?

Here's a sample from June 5th of '91 (courtesy of gnrontour.com):

set: Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin' Jive, Dust N' Bones, Don't Cry, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Rocket Queen, Pretty Tied Up, November Rain, 14 Years, You Could Be Mine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Live And Let Die, Estranged, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City

Count the number of songs from the UYI albums in there. ?I get 12. ?Out of 30 tracks, granted, for the UYI albums.

Now, keep in mind, Axl has said he has almost 3 full albums worth of material....so we may actually get to hear SOME stuff from albums 2 and 3 in the set list mix (ya never know).

My point is that GnR has a history of playing lots of new material prior to releasing the album which it will appear on. ?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2006, 09:40:47 AM »

yea but if they play other new songs excluding the leaks then what? We dont even need the album cause we'll have it already!...and to me thats not the way I envisoned this album. Whats done is done. Fine. But if they are gonna play some more off CD then whatver. Not fun for me. I wont complain but whatvever I guess..idk....If the album has 15 or more tracks fine..but 13 ...not good....or if they do in fact release 10 extra tracks along with the album fine...its all confusing to me....but from now till Sept is only 5 months...so ..as usual time will tell....

Anyone remember their touring just prior to the release of UYI? ?Anyone remember the set lists?

Here's a sample from June 5th of '91 (courtesy of gnrontour.com):

set: Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Welcome To The Jungle, Double Talkin' Jive, Dust N' Bones, Don't Cry, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Rocket Queen, Pretty Tied Up, November Rain, 14 Years, You Could Be Mine, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Live And Let Die, Estranged, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City

Count the number of songs from the UYI albums in there. ?I get 12. ?Out of 30 tracks, granted, for the UYI albums.

Now, keep in mind, Axl has said he has almost 3 full albums worth of material....so we may actually get to hear SOME stuff from albums 2 and 3 in the set list mix (ya never know).

My point is that GnR has a history of playing lots of new material prior to releasing the album which it will appear on. ?

Keep in mind that was before the internet.  Alot of bands refrain form trying out new tunes at concerts these days due to bootlegs spreading all over due to the internet. 

madagas
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2006, 09:47:48 AM »

Good point Thorazine. Also, we don't know the tracklist for the album. TWAT, BETTER, IRS, CITR, The Blues, Maddy, CD, etc may not be on the first album. We have no idea right now what will be on the record.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2006, 09:52:32 AM »

Dave, thank you for posting that mail. It's awesome. I really really hope that September will be the month and I'm really happy for the American fans that there is talk about an American tour.

Mr. Intensity, please start a thread where people can bash you. I really don't care about your opinions or 'inside information' as long as you cannot provide a reliable source. And it's annoying that this good news is overshadowed by your 'I told you so', 'this is exactly what I was told' comments, without really saying anything we don't already know or could have guessed for ourselves. So, please do me a favor and fuck off.

These are the type of posts which will influence me to keep saying "I told you so." peace
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2006, 09:56:59 AM »

I think we'll all be here salivating at the mouth for someone to post the RIR setlist if they don't have Rock N Rio available on pay per view in our local areas.  ok

One would think Axl is going to make some type of comment on C.D and the status of the record.

I still think we'll get a finalized press release once all the Europe dates have been scheduled too, although I'm not sure the status of C.D will be addressed in it.
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2006, 10:23:44 AM »

I'm going all alone to RIR now crying
Most of my friends considering going on the 27are still holding for official news before they buy RIR tickets, and most of them don't want to ear "GunsNRoses the cover band of GunsNRoses", as a friend of mine calls it, everybody wants new music and not even the leaks played live will do. I don't know how's the ticket sales going but they risk a half ?empty concert world televised, in the opening of the tour if theres nothing new to hope for.
In terms of rock RIR it's probably the most poor summer musical fest's in Portugal this year and the most expensive one. With the exception of "GNR yes we're still fans, call us crazy", i don't know one single person chosing that day of the event.
To me this news from ?Fortus, are very sad, altought i'm thankfull someone is talking.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2006, 10:44:30 AM »

If they play IRS, Better, TWAT, CITR, The Blues, Madagascar, CD and Rhiad, there would be already 8 "new" songs. Maybe an extra couple of new songs we don't know yet... It's enough to make a great show, with a setlist with both new and classic material. Maybe they'll play the single too (wich it would be a very good way to start promoting the album).

Mr. Itensity, let me say something: I was told that they will play The Blues. Yeah, I'm an insider now. I'll say "I told you so" later because everything I'll say it will turn out to be true. hihi

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2006, 10:56:03 AM »

Dave, thank you for posting that mail. It's awesome. I really really hope that September will be the month and I'm really happy for the American fans that there is talk about an American tour.

Mr. Intensity, please start a thread where people can bash you. I really don't care about your opinions or 'inside information' as long as you cannot provide a reliable source. And it's annoying that this good news is overshadowed by your 'I told you so', 'this is exactly what I was told' comments, without really saying anything we don't already know or could have guessed for ourselves. So, please do me a favor and fuck off.

These are the type of posts which will influence me to keep saying "I told you so." peace

Everyone loves "I told you so" posts. No wonder your so popular round here.  rofl
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2006, 11:04:55 AM »

I'm going all alone to RIR now crying
Most of my friends considering going on the 27are still holding for official news before they buy RIR tickets, and most of them don't want to ear "GunsNRoses the cover band of GunsNRoses", as a friend of mine calls it, everybody wants new music and not even the leaks played live will do. I don't know how's the ticket sales going but they risk a half ?empty concert world televised, in the opening of the tour if theres nothing new to hope for.
In terms of rock RIR it's probably the most poor summer musical fest's in Portugal this year and the most expensive one. With the exception of "GNR yes we're still fans, call us crazy", i don't know one single person chosing that day of the event.
To me this news from ?Fortus, are very sad, altought i'm thankfull someone is talking.

Dude, its rock n rio.. that festival is going to be jam packed and NO MATTER WHAT line up Axl puts up on that stage the crowd is going to go fucking crazy when it hears the opening chords to "Welcome to the Jungle."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2006, 11:05:57 AM »

Ever wonder why you were banned a few years ago? A hint: your act got boring and annoying.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2006, 11:09:52 AM »

Do the world (or at least this board) a favor and do it again. Those penile disfunction tablets really must have gone straight to his brain.

Ever wonder why you were banned a few years ago? A hint: your act got boring and annoying.

/jarmo

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: