Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:10:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227866 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD to be dropped in Sept and the band is rehearsing now and a US tour in Sept
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD to be dropped in Sept and the band is rehearsing now and a US tour in Sept  (Read 85045 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2006, 02:30:55 PM »

Back on topic:
I hope the news is true, although we had so many delays and alleged release dates that one has to be skeptical. But if it is true, I am definitely going to get great seats!

And notice Richard said "hopefully in September." How many previous Sept. deadlines have come and gone?

That is my line of thinking here too. This is how it has always gone. First we get some spring release rumors. Then summer. Then there is always a september rumor. Then there is one for November. Then of course there is the early in the new year one....and around and around we go. Its been going on every year since Oh My God was released.

So fucking lame.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »

Back on topic:
I hope the news is true, although we had so many delays and alleged release dates that one has to be skeptical. But if it is true, I am definitely going to get great seats!

And notice Richard said "hopefully in September." How many previous Sept. deadlines have come and gone?

That is my line of thinking here too. This is how it has always gone. First we get some spring release rumors. Then summer. Then there is always a september rumor. Then there is one for November. Then of course there is the early in the new year one....and around and around we go. Its been going on every year since Oh My God was released.

So fucking lame.

Yeah, but don't the leaks, the rehearsals, the upcoming tour, and Axl stating 26 tracks are finished at least give you more confidence than ever before in this new band?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2006, 02:39:09 PM »

Back on topic:

So fucking lame.

Yeah, but don't the leaks, the rehearsals, the upcoming tour, and Axl stating 26 tracks are finished at least give you more confidence than ever before in this new band?

He never state they were finished he said that they have 32 of which, 26 they are "working on" and 13 will be on the album.

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. ok

So nearly 2 albums are complete..that's the way i look at it yes

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #243 on: April 11, 2006, 02:46:01 PM »

Back on topic:

So fucking lame.

He never state they were finished he said that they have 32 of which, 26 they are "working on" and 13 will be on the album.

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. ok

That is exactly the way I saw that quote, also.  I think there will be at least two albums done before one album is released.

Ali
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2006, 02:47:46 PM »

I think one album will be released, then at least 10-12 tracks will be slated to appear on the next album, however I am sure Axl+co will at least come up with 3-10 more new songs that they might record after the tour.....
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2006, 02:48:42 PM »

All I can say.

GnR is fucked up going to tour europe without an album to promote.

No, you?re not that fantastic, yet. GnR.
No, we?re not stupid here in Europe.

Yes, we have been waiting for 14 years too.

Are we gonna see a replay of the N.A. tour, but this time in Europe? Probably.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2006, 02:50:01 PM »

Hmm... notice he says "final album?" ?I don't know why I never thought of it before... what could that mean? ?Could it mean that he's planning to release an album before the album with 13 songs on it? ?Does it mean they're doing 32 songs and are only going to put 13 songs on the album? ?Or, does it mean that I'm over-analyzing things again? ? Huh

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Z
« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2006, 02:52:29 PM »

It's possible that they complete 32 songs....head to Europe and start a 2 to 3 year tour run.

They track 13 songs for CD I & II leaving 6 songs for the 3rd.  They create another 7 songs while out on the road and release CD III on the backend of the tour.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2006, 02:53:38 PM »

All I can say.

Have some faith man.. you gotta believe they are gonna play The Blues, Maddy, Better, Irs, Twat, and Citr along with maybe a couple select illusion tracks we didnt hear last time. Plus, hopefully you'll get one new track we haven't heard or more.
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2006, 02:56:13 PM »

Have some faith man.. you gotta believe they are gonna play The Blues, Maddy, Better, Irs, Twat, and Citr along with maybe a couple select illusion tracks we didnt hear last time. Plus, hopefully you'll get one new track we haven't heard or more.

ok            <---- irony

Come on, they can?t be serious!

The band is great, but can?t be built like an air-castle........... nervous
Origen
« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2006, 02:59:36 PM »

Like proven in 2002 a tour won't succeed without a new album to promote, end of.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2006, 03:13:01 PM »

All I can say.

Tough to have faith given Axl's history. ?Yes, I feel better about the album prospects given the leaks, the rehearsals, the tour, etc., but I'm still very skeptical. ?There's still the history, the mysterious 3rd guitarist, the lawsuit, and this inexplicable silence from the GNR camp.

The silence isn't unexplainable..the tour may not be scheduled in its entirety as of yet, the 3rd guitarest may still be getting auditioned during the rehearsals, Merck said we will get a release in due course, I don't think "due course" has arrived if dates are still being scheduled and he can't even give a complete band line up yet.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #252 on: April 11, 2006, 03:22:27 PM »

All I can say.

Tough to have faith given Axl's history. ?Yes, I feel better about the album prospects given the leaks, the rehearsals, the tour, etc., but I'm still very skeptical. ?There's still the history, the mysterious 3rd guitarist, the lawsuit, and this inexplicable silence from the GNR camp.

The silence isn't unexplainable..the tour may not be scheduled in its entirety as of yet, the 3rd guitarest may still be getting auditioned during the rehearsals, Merck said we will get a release in due course, I don't think "due course" has arrived if dates are still being scheduled and he can't even give a complete band line up yet.

Wait - Axl takes a decade to make an album but he'll select a 3rd guitarist at rehearsals 1.5 months before the tour starts?? And it's questionable if he's even attending the rehearsals.? And how exactly do you rehearse and "sound great" while auditioning someone.? How certain are you about this 3rd guitarist thing?

Also, none of the reasons you mentioned are legitimate excuses for saying nothing at all... in my humble opinion.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion and I haven't been able to get any type of confirmation on who the 3rd guitarest is or if they are auditioning anyone. I think that's top secret info at this time.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #253 on: April 11, 2006, 03:26:35 PM »

Stop going off topic. The 3rd guitarist's connection to the rehearsals and tour is too murky and unclear to say. Assuming the band line-up is solid, it's still hard to believe all of the band are making these rehearsals; right now I wouldn't bet on the Europe tour being much more successful than the 02 tour (which had its moments). There's nothing to make me believe you Mr. I, and with a little less negativity GeorgeSteele has a good point.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #254 on: April 11, 2006, 03:32:32 PM »

Stop going off topic. The 3rd guitarist's connection to the rehearsals and tour is too murky and unclear to say. Assuming the band line-up is solid, it's still hard to believe all of the band are making these rehearsals; right now I wouldn't bet on the Europe tour being much more successful than the 02 tour (which had its moments). There's nothing to make me believe you Mr. I, and with a little less negativity GeorgeSteele has a good point.

You don't have to believe me, that was an opinion, it is my guess the band would need to rehearse/audition a 3rd guitarest.. I mean do you think Fortus/Finck is capable of handling all the new solo's Buckethead made or even all the old solo's that Slash did on tracks like you could be mine, its so easy, paradise city, etc...Huh I'd have no problem if there wasn't a 3rd guitarest, I just think there is going to be...
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2006, 03:39:58 PM »

You don't have to believe me, that was an opinion, it is my guess the band would need to rehearse/audition a 3rd guitarest.. I mean do you think Fortus/Finck is capable of handling all the new solo's Buckethead made or even all the old solo's that Slash did on tracks like you could be mine, its so easy, paradise city, etc...Huh I'd have no problem if there wasn't a 3rd guitarest, I just think there is going to be...

It's more than possible to replace BH's stuff with new solos from Fortus or Finck, although admittedly that would probably take away from the songs. I don't think they have time for a third guitarist to come in now, and there aren't many that could play BH's stuff. I'm expecting Finck and Fortus, and that's it.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2006, 03:42:19 PM »

All I know is that I am ready to buy this album.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2006, 03:44:08 PM »

It's more than possible to replace BH's stuff with new solos from Fortus or Finck, although admittedly that would probably take away from the songs. I don't think they have time for a third guitarist to come in now, and there aren't many that could play BH's stuff. I'm expecting Finck and Fortus, and that's it.

I agree. ?Granted that I know nothing about playing guitar, what basis is there for saying Finck/Fortus couldn't handle playing Slash or BH's solos?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2006, 03:48:01 PM »

Back on topic:

So fucking lame.

That is exactly the way I saw that quote, also.  I think there will be at least two albums done before one album is released.

Ali

i can`t believe those 32 songs are everything axl can come up with 15 years after his last musical release. i think there are probably tons of finished songs/demos/ideas/whatever... out there, but he`s jsut working on that stuff.

as dizzy said in one of his most recent interviews, there is much more out there ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #259 on: April 11, 2006, 03:49:13 PM »

Just for good measure I'll say it one last time...

Slash and Duff are not in the current incarnation of Guns N Roses, nor will they be playing on the impending tour.

So in other words you have no proof one way or the other.

Is there even something you can offer us that would qualify as circumstantial evidence?? Because there is plenty that goes the other way.

I admit to not being around here for very long, so I haven't read your earlier posts on this matter.? I hope they had more meat to them than the one I quoted.

Slash said he has not quit VR. Gnr management said the rumors were not true. Fortrus said the band is rehearsing (he is talking about the 2002 band minus BH not with slash and duff).

what more proof do you need

First of all, Fortus did not clarify who he was talking about. ?At least not in what you posted. ?Did he throw out any names? ?Did he say it was the same band? ?No.

Second, I would have to assume that if a reunion was planned they would want to keep it quiet until the right moment. ?So any denials shouldn't come as a surprise and certainly do not squash the possibility. ?Crazily enough, they only strengthen my feeling that it could happen. ?

But they aren't proof either way. ?What would constitute proof to me is to see the band perform without (or with) Slash and Duff. ?Other than that I'm not sure what it would take - a lot of VR shows that conflict with GN'R shows maybe. ?That would be a pretty good indication that a reunion isn't in the cards. ?What I do know is that half-hearted denials to obscure GN'R boards and magazines is simply not strong enough.

a.k.a. KBear
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: