Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:11:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227867 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD to be dropped in Sept and the band is rehearsing now and a US tour in Sept
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD to be dropped in Sept and the band is rehearsing now and a US tour in Sept  (Read 85048 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2006, 04:06:14 PM »

I have an old interview of Axl on tape where he was talking about what goes through his mind when he performs a song he wrote, while on stage.  He's thinking of what he was feeling when he wrote it, about the person that inspired it, and where that person is at that time.  He also said that he may have wrote the song(s) up to 9 years before he actually recorded it. 

But I suppose alot of artists do it the same way.  Some singers find scraps of paper in their dresser-drawers with lyrics they wrote years and years ago, touch them up, record them, and BOOM - it's a hit!

Thats why I don't put any merit in articles I've read where someone has claimed to have heard some of Axl's new material and said it sounded "dated".  It can only sound dated if the production is bad.  Doesn't matter how old the lyrics and melodies are.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2006, 04:29:26 PM »

It just seems like everyone is scared to give an actual date or realistic timetable.. I'm not talking an email from a member, I mean merck or axl rose.. Like saying something not cryptic just fact..

Here are the facts:

Axl Rose is alive.

He is the singer for Guns N Roses.

Nobody but him knows who is confirmed in the band.

Nobdy knows but him when CD will be released or what stage they are in recording the album.

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2006, 04:40:57 PM »

I dont think there will be a 3rd guitarist.... Axl said that was never the plan... Robin replaced Slash, Robin quit for a time,  Enter BH.... robin wants back in... Axl doesnt want to fire BH..... I belive Robin will handle all the new lead guitar parts....
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #263 on: April 11, 2006, 04:42:58 PM »

im sure this is a stupid ?, but how long did gilby have to learn songs when he first joined the band after izzy left
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #264 on: April 11, 2006, 04:43:13 PM »

I think one of the band members said in the last year or so it would just be Robin and Richard trading lead spots.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #265 on: April 11, 2006, 04:43:47 PM »

im sure this is a stupid ?, but how long did gilby have to learn songs when he first joined the band after izzy left

2-3 weeks ...
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #266 on: April 11, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »

I think one of the band members said in the last year or so it would just be Robin and Richard trading lead spots.

I belive that too... It makes sense..
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #267 on: April 11, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »

I have no problem with that I hope when Buckethead left Robin and Richard really went to town practicing and improving themselves on guitar to make up for Bh's loss, kind of like other guys on sports teams stepping up when a star is injured. Although, I still think we'll see a 3rd guitarest.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #268 on: April 11, 2006, 04:45:32 PM »

but how are they going to just play buckethead's parts.. Wouldn't you get a buckethead type because your guitar playes can't do what he can speed wise
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #269 on: April 11, 2006, 04:47:19 PM »

but how are they going to just play buckethead's parts.. Wouldn't you get a buckethead type because your guitar playes can't do what he can speed wise

That's why I am hoping they were thinking like "Buckethead left, well that gives me an oppurtunity to step up," and maybe they improved on how fast they can play and what they can do....
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #270 on: April 11, 2006, 04:51:19 PM »

That's why I am hoping they were thinking like "Buckethead left, well that gives me an oppurtunity to step up," and maybe they improved on how fast they can play and what they can do....

i don`t think they did.....   robin is my favourite guitar player, even without being able to shred....   i don?t think he needs that...

and i don`t think richard and robin would improve their playing ability in regards of playing fast to play bucket`s parts....

they`ll either change bucket`s solos, or hire a new guitarist. there`s no way, axl wants richard and robin to copy bucket`s solos ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #271 on: April 11, 2006, 04:54:59 PM »

who the fuck wants the first  album this band does to have great solos that are from a person who isn't even in the band,... 
WARose
Legend

« Reply #272 on: April 11, 2006, 04:58:18 PM »

who the fuck wants the first  album this band does to have great solos that are from a person who isn't even in the band,... 
myself ok

well... actually i think robin is way better in playing solos...

bucket did some great solos on the new songs (live tracks +leaks), but nothing exceptional imo. his solos in better and chidem suck by the way.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #273 on: April 11, 2006, 05:00:03 PM »

who the fuck wants the first? album this band does to have great solos that are from a person who isn't even in the band,...?

i think they re recorded buckets parts... who wants to have a great solo from somone not in the band and who would want to pay royalties to someone for their solo who isnt even in the band...
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2006, 05:00:34 PM »

who the fuck wants the first? album this band does to have great solos that are from a person who isn't even in the band,...?
myself ok

bucket did some great solos on the new songs (live tracks +leaks), but nothing exceptional imo. his solos in better and chidem suck by the way.....

What? Listen to Nightrain man, Buckethead shreds the fuck out of that solo.. also I think his work in Better is pretty good, it's amazing to see Axl make some of that off the wall stuff Buckethead can do work in a song like that.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2006, 05:03:04 PM »

myself ok

I don't know who isplaying what.. I have heard november rain mid solo sucking ass(NA tour) whoever that was... Buckethead was the best player at the vmas by far..  Those leaks are so old it could be paul huge right?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2006, 05:03:36 PM »

myself ok

What? Listen to Nightrain man, Buckethead shreds the fuck out of that solo.. also I think his work in Better is pretty good, it's amazing to see Axl make some of that off the wall stuff Buckethead can do work in a song like that.

yes he could shread the Nightrain and PC solos... he played them like they have never been played before..
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2006, 05:04:58 PM »

i think they re recorded buckets parts... who wants to have a great solo from somone not in the band and who would want to pay royalties to someone for their solo who isnt even in the band...

Re-recording any music that BH wrote will not affect royalties due to him. ?If music he wrote is on the album, the man will get paid.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2006, 05:05:39 PM »

I rather have the people who are going to be in the band be on the album since it's their first one.. it's not like someone left during the tour like izzy did, there was no way around it.. years passed since bucket left why keep him on, this shows they need him..
WARose
Legend

« Reply #279 on: April 11, 2006, 05:06:11 PM »

myself ok

don`t get me wrong. i love buckethead, but i like robin`s style more......

and as i said before, i don`t like his solos in better. he probably wrote big parts of that song though... ( the song itself is amazing... i just thing that any shredder could`ve palyed his solos. his solos in IRS and twat are amazing though)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: