Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:03:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD to be dropped in Sept and the band is rehearsing now and a US tour in Sept
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD to be dropped in Sept and the band is rehearsing now and a US tour in Sept  (Read 85048 times)
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #280 on: April 11, 2006, 05:06:53 PM »

who the fuck wants the first? album this band does to have great solos that are from a person who isn't even in the band,...?

i think they re recorded buckets parts... who wants to have a great solo from somone not in the band and who would want to pay royalties to someone for their solo who isnt even in the band...

Re-recording any music that BH wrote will not affect royalties due to him. ?If music he wrote is on the album, the man will get paid.

which is why i dont think any of his stuff will be on the album
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #281 on: April 11, 2006, 05:09:13 PM »

who the fuck wants the first? album this band does to have great solos that are from a person who isn't even in the band,...?
myself ok

well... actually i think robin is way better in playing solos...

bucket did some great solos on the new songs (live tracks +leaks), but nothing exceptional imo. his solos in better and chidem suck by the way.....

What? Listen to Nightrain man, Buckethead shreds the fuck out of that solo.. also I think his work in Better is pretty good, it's amazing to see Axl make some of that off the wall stuff Buckethead can do work in a song like that.

don`t get me wrong. i love buckethead, but i like robin`s style more......

and as i said before, i don`t like his solos in better. he probably wrote big parts of that song though... ( the song itself is amazing... i just thing that any shredder could`ve palyed his solos. his solos in IRS and twat are amazing though)

Buckethead owns IRS, that is the only part (his ending solo) of the song I like
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #282 on: April 11, 2006, 05:11:26 PM »

i think they re recorded buckets parts... who wants to have a great solo from somone not in the band and who would want to pay royalties to someone for their solo who isnt even in the band...

Re-recording any music that BH wrote will not affect royalties due to him. ?If music he wrote is on the album, the man will get paid.

which is why i dont think any of his stuff will be on the album

Maybe you're right, but if any of the great BH solos that we've heard on the leaks (well, we assume its BH) are cut out of the album, many people here will be very disappointed.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #283 on: April 11, 2006, 05:15:07 PM »

from seeing new gnr live and hearing the boots leaks I think BH is the best player of the batch not to mention how he owned the vmas...  Seems like the others made more mistakes and sloppy play.. That's just my opinion though... I don't see the current duo doing all their parts then breaking out on BH's parts live.. We need cd first to see how the songs are supposed to sound or an idea of what it could sound like live..
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #284 on: April 11, 2006, 05:22:27 PM »

but how are they going to just play buckethead's parts.. Wouldn't you get a buckethead type because your guitar playes can't do what he can speed wise

That's why I am hoping they were thinking like "Buckethead left, well that gives me an oppurtunity to step up," and maybe they improved on how fast they can play and what they can do....

i don`t think they did.....? ?robin is my favourite guitar player, even without being able to shred....? ?i don?t think he needs that...

and i don`t think richard and robin would improve their playing ability in regards of playing fast to play bucket`s parts....

they`ll either change bucket`s solos, or hire a new guitarist. there`s no way, axl wants richard and robin to copy bucket`s solos ok

I have to agree. Expecting these guys to replicate Slash's solos on the old material... and then turn around and pull off Buckethead's solos on the new material is asking way too fucking much. What is Robin going to do... pretend he's Slash for 50% of the show and then turn around and be Buckethead for the other 50%? When exactly is he going to have time to be Robin??! That's crazy. They hire a third to perform Buckethead's parts OR they scratch Bucket's parts and allow Robin and Richard to come up with their own shit... this Robin and Richard can cover Slash and Bucket's parts and still handle their pre-assigned Richard and Robin roles is undoable in my mind...

Personally, I think we'll see a third guitarist out there... Axl wants this thing to be a "melting pot" of sounds... and part of that must include the modern shredding sound Buckethead brought to the table. I think he'll want that on the album and performed live.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #285 on: April 11, 2006, 05:23:40 PM »

exactly how I feel mayo... Definetly going to see a third player unless you get a tour filled with old tunes hihi
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #286 on: April 11, 2006, 05:27:18 PM »

I believe Richard's got nothing but good intentions with saying this, and I won't bash him for saying it.
but I still don't believe it, and I won't till we get at least an official releasedate, maybe not even then Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #287 on: April 11, 2006, 05:30:40 PM »

I believe Richard's got nothing but good intentions with saying this, and I won't bash him for saying it.
but I still don't believe it, and I won't till we get at least an official releasedate, maybe not even then Grin

I'll only belive it when the album is sitting on the shelves at the store hihi
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #288 on: April 11, 2006, 05:53:05 PM »

Back on topic:
I hope the news is true, although we had so many delays and alleged release dates that one has to be skeptical. But if it is true, I am definitely going to get great seats!

And notice Richard said "hopefully in September." How many previous Sept. deadlines have come and gone?

That is my line of thinking here too. This is how it has always gone. First we get some spring release rumors. Then summer. Then there is always a september rumor. Then there is one for November. Then of course there is the early in the new year one....and around and around we go. Its been going on every year since Oh My God was released.

So fucking lame.

Yeah, but don't the leaks, the rehearsals, the upcoming tour, and Axl stating 26 tracks are finished at least give you more confidence than ever before in this new band?

No man. And I will tell you why. Because in the recent past, CD was being mixed. CD was 98% completed. CD was just being touched up. CD was definitely coming out.

...and here we are. Don't mean to be a bummer (shit I hate when people are in here). I am just seeing history repeating. But fuck this sure as shit has been an exciting start for this year with the leaks. Its just starting to feel the same. We have leaks that might be very old demos. We don't know who leaked them. The band/management might not be behind it, and if so, we are still left in limbo. The band is doing some shows without a new album to promote...again. For all we know parts of the album will be rerecorded...again, to include whoeverthefuckwhogivesafuck new lead guitarist that is replacing Buckethead (I will be so fucking pissed if Bucket isn't on the album). 

How do you know its so much different this year? Because Axl has been out more? Well, yea its great seeing him again, but we also saw him out of his house when OMG was released, at the Lakers Finals, superbowls...

I don't know there is another post on her that sums it all up. The reality is starting to set in that this may be another year we won't have a new GN'R album. And that really sucks. I don't want to get my hopes up again. Fact is, we don't know anymore now about the release of the the album then we knew last year, or the year before then...and the year before then.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #289 on: April 11, 2006, 05:56:50 PM »

oh I don't know if I have as much faith as you.
Im not even sure I'll believe it when I slide the cd into the cd-player Grin

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #290 on: April 11, 2006, 05:58:42 PM »

buy cd and the thing is empty Cheesy
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #291 on: April 11, 2006, 06:01:44 PM »

If this is the case hopefully we'll get some good pics and artwork. And the lyrics Cool

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #292 on: April 11, 2006, 06:03:42 PM »

If this is the case hopefully we'll get some good pics and artwork. And the lyrics Cool

better bring your car to carry the war and peace sized sleeve home peace
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #293 on: April 11, 2006, 06:07:13 PM »

hahha, Ive actually had that nightmare! hihi

MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #294 on: April 11, 2006, 06:14:08 PM »

i really thought that it was so close when oh my god appeared in the End of Days soundtrack........ now, i don?t know for sure, still waiting for alto get his shit together and put out what he?s been working on all this decade of decadent music out there.

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #295 on: April 11, 2006, 06:15:51 PM »

i really thought that it was so close when oh my god appeared in the End of Days soundtrack........ now, i don?t know for sure, still waiting for alto get his shit together and put out what he?s been working on all this decade of decadent music out there.

I think it was close... There was some detailed talks in 99.. To think it was close and now 7 years later this is still nothing..
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #296 on: April 11, 2006, 06:17:30 PM »

I think it was close... There was some detailed talks in 99.. To think it was close and now 7 years later this is still nothing..

Mysteron once said that it was very close to being released in 2000, but it was pulled in the last minute.

MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #297 on: April 11, 2006, 06:51:56 PM »

Mysteron once said that it was very close to being released in 2000, but it was pulled in the last minute.

ithink that?s exactly what we all deeply? fear, another retreat? Embarrassed

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #298 on: April 11, 2006, 06:53:21 PM »

... and here we are SIX years later...!  rofl

What a fucking joke.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #299 on: April 11, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »

ithink that?s exactly what we all deeply  fear, another retreat  Embarrassed

yep, that's exacly what I fear.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: