Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:10:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227866 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD to be dropped in Sept and the band is rehearsing now and a US tour in Sept
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD to be dropped in Sept and the band is rehearsing now and a US tour in Sept  (Read 85046 times)
madagas
« Reply #320 on: April 12, 2006, 09:28:19 AM »

"That dog don't hunt....."  Grin
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #321 on: April 12, 2006, 12:48:08 PM »

Sometimes I sit and wonder, and probably, it?s like my friends been telling me for the last 8 years.

There won?t be an album of guns n roses...ever again....... no

I have been supportive through all of the shit, playing songs on parties, wearing gnr-stuff etc. etc.

But now...sadly, I don?t even feel up to watching the euro-tour.
But I guess that?ll change when I get there, I truly hope....................
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 12:55:35 PM by Siliconmessiah » Logged
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #322 on: April 12, 2006, 12:53:29 PM »

i really thought that it was so close when oh my god appeared in the End of Days soundtrack........ now, i don?t know for sure, still waiting for alto get his shit together and put out what he?s been working on all this decade of decadent music out there.

I think it was close... There was some detailed talks in 99.. To think it was close and now 7 years later this is still nothing..

Mysteron once said that it was very close to being released in 2000, but it was pulled in the last minute.

From what I heard, it was Geffen that pulled it.

any idea why?

Can't say for sure.

They could have thought it wasn't good enough Undecided

I heard that rumor too.. that geffen returned it thinking it wasnt good enought.. that was in2003 tho.

That rumor was born in blabbermouth from a poster trying to scare and shock everybody, he did such a good job that many people bought it and  spread it like hell.

thanks... guess it was stupid for me to belive..

Don't think it has ever been as close to being released as right now...

PS. Am i the record holder of most quotes in one post now?  hihi

Like peeing clouds!
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #323 on: April 12, 2006, 02:15:39 PM »

i really thought that it was so close when oh my god appeared in the End of Days soundtrack........ now, i don?t know for sure, still waiting for alto get his shit together and put out what he?s been working on all this decade of decadent music out there.

I think it was close... There was some detailed talks in 99.. To think it was close and now 7 years later this is still nothing..

Mysteron once said that it was very close to being released in 2000, but it was pulled in the last minute.

From what I heard, it was Geffen that pulled it.

any idea why?

Can't say for sure.

They could have thought it wasn't good enough Undecided

I heard that rumor too.. that geffen returned it thinking it wasnt good enought.. that was in2003 tho.

That rumor was born in blabbermouth from a poster trying to scare and shock everybody, he did such a good job that many people bought it and? spread it like hell.

thanks... guess it was stupid for me to belive..

Don't think it has ever been as close to being released as right now...

PS. Am i the record holder of most quotes in one post now?? hihi

You were until now. Wink

I really think it's getting close now. With all the leaks and the rumors. Axl being away from LA for so long apparently not working on it anymore. I don't think they would go on tour again after the last debacle unless the release was imminent.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #324 on: April 12, 2006, 02:39:01 PM »

i still think: this year or never
Might be that the album will not be out by late may but i still believe in a single ..........

back to the "refusing" part:  If Geffen told GNR to make it better in 2003 than it could be a bad sign nervous
But i actuallay don't believe it

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
madagas
« Reply #325 on: April 12, 2006, 02:48:48 PM »

Talk about a completely baseless rumor that people keep perpetuating. There is NO evidence from any credible source that Geffen rejected the album-at any time EVER. I am sure they have heard material and will have certainly had an opinion on it, but rejecting the album.....please. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #326 on: April 12, 2006, 03:35:15 PM »

No, we won't release that crap. Now go spend another 20 million fixing it.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #327 on: April 12, 2006, 03:50:18 PM »

I don't believe there would be a record company on earth that would turn down a Guns N Roses album, off the name alone it would go platinum and be a worthwhile investment/product for them to sell.

As I recall it was always up to Axl and a short time after "Oh My God", a producer or someone from Geffen "almost" got him to put out an album at that time.. however I thought it was to be titled "2000 Intentions", I don't know when the name was officialy changed to "Chinese Democracy."
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #328 on: April 12, 2006, 04:01:16 PM »

Some producer told Axl that the material recorded prior to 2000 wasn't that good. So thats when Axl scrapped the old album and started new with a more "band" type sound as opposed to the industrial stuff prior.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #329 on: April 12, 2006, 04:04:06 PM »

Some producer told Axl that the material recorded prior to 2000 wasn't that good. So thats when Axl scrapped the old album and started new with a more "band" type sound as opposed to the industrial stuff prior.

Thorazine, that producer may have been Bob Ezrin.  I think it might have been him and Alice Cooper was the one who revealed this encounter between Rose and Ezrin.

Ali
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #330 on: April 12, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »

Thorazine, that producer may have been Bob Ezrin.? I think it might have been him and Alice Cooper was the one who revealed this encounter between Rose and Ezrin.

Ali

Yeah I think you're right Ali.  The up side to this is that the music for CD will have more of a current sound.  in reality, Axl and Co. have been working on this version of CD for 4 or 5 years.  Still a long time, but not the 12 or 13 years that the mass public believes.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #331 on: April 12, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

Thorazine, that producer may have been Bob Ezrin.? I think it might have been him and Alice Cooper was the one who revealed this encounter between Rose and Ezrin.

Ali

Axl didnt scrape much since the songs that were mentioned in the RS article were CD, the blues, TWAT, IRS and CITR.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
madagas
« Reply #332 on: April 12, 2006, 04:12:44 PM »

None of this is the same as Axl delivering a record to Geffen and Geffen rejecting it-that didn't happen or it has never been proven. However, Axl has probably changed his mind on the material a hundred times! Axl is the sole reason we don't have a record. When he decides to wrap it up, I guarantee you the record company will snap it up in a second.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #333 on: April 12, 2006, 04:14:18 PM »

Ali

Axl didnt scrape much since the songs that were mentioned in the RS article were CD, the blues, TWAT, IRS and CITR.

Yeah, but think about it, the versions prior to 2000 we're probably much different than the versions we have heard.  Hell, the versions we heard could be much different then what we will hear on CD.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #334 on: April 12, 2006, 04:15:53 PM »

Ali

Yeah, but think about it, the versions prior to 2000 we're probably much different than the versions we have heard.? Hell, the versions we heard could be much different then what we will hear on CD.

I agree with that. The only song that was prob still in the same form was CITR since that has brian may and josh freese.
Diz said all the songs have like 4 different versions

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #335 on: April 12, 2006, 04:21:37 PM »

Ali

Yeah, but think about it, the versions prior to 2000 we're probably much different than the versions we have heard.? Hell, the versions we heard could be much different then what we will hear on CD.

I agree with that. The only song that was prob still in the same form was CITR since that has brian may and josh freese.

I didn't know that Freese was on CITR.  The bootleg version is indeed old.

MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #336 on: April 12, 2006, 04:25:21 PM »

me neither Undecided, anyways, this new sound will require a lot of listening for me to get used to it confused

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #337 on: April 12, 2006, 04:35:14 PM »

Ali

I didn't know that Freese was on CITR.? The bootleg version is indeed old.

CITR is Axl, Brian May, Tobais, Tommy, Josh Freese (i am not sure about diz or robin).

madagas
« Reply #338 on: April 13, 2006, 08:16:48 AM »

Dave, please show me evidence of who is exactly playing on CITR or are you just guessing. I know Brian May and Josh Freese but the rest is an absolute guess.  Roll Eyes
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #339 on: April 13, 2006, 08:25:29 AM »

We?re the only fans in the world that don?t have a clue what?s going on in our favourite band... confused

But what the heck, I guess there will be some music this summer!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: